Auteur Sujet: 03n patch  (Lu 6196 fois)

Hors ligne Forrest

• Adjudant
03n patch
« le: 03 septembre 2014, 13:57:16 pm »
What does the 03n patch fix?  I don't see a readme anywhere in the game directory.   I don't like having to install the French C++ redist, that just screams (causing)issues with some other application.
I do see the issue that I reported almost a year ago hasn't been resolved.  When going from F2 to F3 the view is 180 degrees away from the enemy.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : 03n patch
« Réponse #1 le: 03 septembre 2014, 16:11:17 pm »
Hi,

This package implements all modifications since the first Release. The list of modifications is important... and I know it's not the best but I didn't spend time to write this huge list.
OK for the redistribution... I don't see it was for only French installation. I have to rebuild the install for an international distribution...

Yes.. I forgot to fix the F2->F3 view... but really I don't think it's a serious issue.
That said, the list of problems fixed in the internal engine is very important.. and I don't think you are right when you write "I do see the issue that I reported almost a year ago hasn't been resolved."

Probably a new package on Friday for international distribution and with orientation F2-> F3 fixed.

JMM

Hors ligne Forrest

• Adjudant
« Réponse #2 le: 03 septembre 2014, 16:21:15 pm »
Excellent Thank you!

Hors ligne DougieJ

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 03 septembre 2014, 23:08:57 pm »
Hello,

Will this international update on Friday bring the LG main game engine to where HWN is at the moment ?

Cheers DJ ;)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : 03n patch
« Réponse #4 le: 03 septembre 2014, 23:26:23 pm »
Hello,

Will this international update on Friday bring the LG main game engine to where HWN is at the moment ?
Cheers DJ ;)

Yes, it will...

JMM

Hors ligne DougieJ

• Lieutenant
Re : Re : Re : 03n patch
« Réponse #5 le: 05 septembre 2014, 01:19:13 am »
Yes, it will...

JMM

Thanks, i look forward to it.  ;)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #6 le: 05 septembre 2014, 10:17:00 am »
I do see the issue that I reported almost a year ago hasn't been resolved.  When going from F2 to F3 the view is 180 degrees away from the enemy.

I am taking a look at the program.
I don't think there is an issue for the switching F2->F3.
Why ? because the line of sight always looks at the map center ; It's not really bad..
Take a look towards the enemy can be good if the cursor is on the sector controlled by your army but without interest for other case.
So I don't know to write a best code (more general)  for this switching F2->F3... but, with the present calculus, I am modifying the algorithm to get a better instantaneous location of point of view.

JMM

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 05 septembre 2014, 11:20:13 am »
Often in F2 there is a unit selected. I think, if a unit is selected, you should perhaps take the facing of the unit. This is mostly towards the enemy. If no unit selected, leave it as it is. This should heal most of the problems and you don’t need a complex algorithm.

Hors ligne Forrest

• Adjudant
« Réponse #8 le: 05 septembre 2014, 16:10:10 pm »
I like oho's suggestion to copy the unit facing.  That would also simplify the coding for you wouldn't it JMM?