Auteur Sujet: Why I almost did not buy Histwar Napoleon  (Lu 2987 fois)

Hors ligne tony scrase

• Adjudant
Why I almost did not buy Histwar Napoleon
« le: 04 août 2014, 18:24:54 pm »
Nearly did not buy the game and I wonder how many others like me

a) I got the impression that the game was under development - Sure you are doing patches etc from time to time BUT which computer games don't have patches
b) The demo is very good but you use the old GUI BUT suddenly in the last section you change to the new GUI which is actually very confusing
c) It is very complicated and difficult to see what you are buying.
d) I stumbled on the game - My first thoughts were If it had been any good I would have heard of it - I am sure there are many wargame and napoleonic sites that would be happy to link to you
e) Very minor point but still leaves a BAD impression on the options page there is overlap in some letters - You end up thinking if they can;t get that right it is probably a waste of money

There were other things as well - No game is perfect BUT can anyone tell me of a more realistic SIMULATION of napoleonic warfare. I would not mind betting that this is the most realistic wargame out there

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
Re : Why I almost did not buy Histwar Napoleon
« Réponse #1 le: 04 août 2014, 21:15:11 pm »
No game is perfect BUT can anyone tell me of a more realistic SIMULATION of napoleonic warfare. I would not mind betting that this is the most realistic wargame out there
It is good that you feel this way, I think too many people do not give it the time and understanding it deserves...
I purchased the digital copy of the game and bought the manual separately, which to me is probably the best game manual I have to this day ever had privilege to read. It provided me with many hours of bedtime reading and quite honestly gives you everything you need to know, it is superbly produced and excellently translated and will give you some understanding to how complex this game really is.  ;)