Auteur Sujet: Histwar 2  (Lu 8309 fois)

Hors ligne Vags

• Soldat
Histwar 2
« le: 18 juillet 2014, 14:44:21 pm »
Hi im new here and enjoying the learning curve, sorry if this is an regular question but been trying to find information reference HW2. As i keep stumbling across pretty pictures and much improved graphics etc but am unable to find a great deal of information about this on the net. I recently purchased HW and installed the latest patch dated early this month am i right in thinking that i have HW1 and HW2 is in development and just around the corner. It looks amazing with the few pictures i have managed to find, am obviously interested and look forward to fighting my battles in glorious colour and advanced graphical display, cant wait, thanks in advance for any information regarding HW2 and clarification......

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Histwar 2
« Réponse #1 le: 18 juillet 2014, 17:00:00 pm »
There are 3 relevant Histwar Versions:

- HistWar: Les Grognards (released 2009)
- HistWar: Napoleon (released 2013)
- HistWar: Wellington (release not before 2015)

Not sure, but there could have been a first project like 15 years ago, but its outdated anyway.
You probably got Histwar: Napoleon, the most current version.
What you might thinking of, when talking about improved graphics, is the new 3D-models of soldiers, horses and maybe cannons, which are going to be implementet with the next free upgrade of HistWar: Napoleon. The graphics of  the landscape is state of the art yet.
The engine remains, but gets improved from time to time.
HistWar: Wellington bases on same engine and graphics as HW:Napoleon, but will provide additional content (battles, armies like british and full prussian, I guess).

If you purchased HistWar:Les Grognards, you should get HistWar:Napoleon, especially if you desire to play with much better grahpics. If you are satisfied with the gameplay, you could continue, since the engine was remarked to be identical.

Here´s a timetable of the development of HW: Napoleon. But due delay its outdated. But you can see the features to be added in the future:

« Modifié: 19 juillet 2014, 17:04:12 pm par sandman »

Hors ligne Vags

• Soldat
« Réponse #2 le: 19 juillet 2014, 15:07:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply, am still getting to grips with hwn, the graphics are rather outdated and not very impressive at all, its a great idea that if completed and if ever gets out of beta could be so much, and would be very successful indeed, think will shelve for now and maybe in a couple of years it may be playable at an acceptable level, a lack of information and updates to the progress lets it all down. Pictures shown here are a year old and misleading as hwn looks nothing like this and probably never will, has more bugs than your average hospital a real mess, could of been so much more.

Have removed from hard drive its so bad its annoying, hell cant believe i payed for this rubbish, you live and learn, hwn will never be what we wish it to be, years from now it will still be waiting for this update or more carrots thrown to the crowds....
« Modifié: 19 juillet 2014, 15:42:30 pm par Vags »

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 19 juillet 2014, 16:38:28 pm »
Hm, you show symptoms of borderline-syndrome or schizophrenia. Yesterday everything about hiswar was so unbelievable great enjoying so much the "learning-curve". Today everything is bad and hopeless, so that histwar would never be playable at all.

The graphics of the pics you showed were taken from the game you own, except the models, which are announced to be provided soon, and not some years later. They might be one year old, but the upgrade always was announced to come this summer, not before, and even not in the moment they firstly were presented.

Might be a good idea if you try to control your emotions a bit and give rationality a chance. Even the devs admit that there are things to be improved, but the whole concept makes steps forwards continiously and the present game-principles are outstanding in the genre.

I dont know myself if everthing finally will work perfectly, but nobody should seriously judge like you did, especially after just a few days of game experience.
« Modifié: 19 juillet 2014, 16:44:08 pm par sandman »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 19 juillet 2014, 16:50:34 pm »
Have removed from hard drive its so bad its annoying, hell cant believe i payed for this rubbish, you live and learn, hwn will never be what we wish it to be, years from now it will still be waiting for this update or more carrots thrown to the crowds....
Hmmm, a very big change of opinion in about 24 hours, most strange, as HWN is working very well right now, and has improved graphics compared to HWLG - and everything will improve again, as the game is finished over the coming months.

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #5 le: 19 juillet 2014, 18:04:46 pm »
I tend to agree with Gunner and sandman. 

As I've said to those who are overly critical of HWN in the past, good luck finding another 3D Napoleonic game/sim that so accurately simulates the movements, tactics, formations, and strategies of Napoleonic era warfare.  Sure, if you just want cool explosions and accurately modeled uniforms, Total War will do.  But nothing about the game engine of Total War, even in some of the extensive mods out there, accurately models Napoleonic tactics or sheer numbers of regiments committed to battle, like HWLG or HWN.  There is not another game in existence that so accurately takes into account formations, like line of march, line of fire, column of division, or column of platoon, like HW.  No other game that takes into account corps level formations, like double line or refusing a flank.  No other game that takes into account multiple rounds of unit routing before leaving the field, or the intricacies of morale loss/gain, or capture.  If you're committed to these elements of historical realism, and you want a complete editor, and you want realistic numbers of soldiers on the field, and you want a 3D game, then I'm not sure where else a person could turn, frankly.

Hope you find what you're looking for, Vags.

MJ
MarshalJean

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 19 juillet 2014, 18:34:34 pm »
good luck finding another 3D Napoleonic game/sim that so accurately simulates the movements, tactics, formations, and strategies of Napoleonic era warfare
Not only is this true now, but it may well be true forever, I find it hard to believe any other software developer will ever take on such a massive task that JMM has over the last 10 years, and for that many of us are very thankful.

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #7 le: 19 juillet 2014, 23:08:26 pm »
good luck finding another 3D Napoleonic game/sim that so accurately simulates the movements, tactics, formations, and strategies of Napoleonic era warfare.
Say no more...  ;)
Its taken me months/years to fully understand and appreciate what has been achieved here.