Auteur Sujet: Corp commanders light bulb  (Lu 3310 fois)

Hors ligne tony scrase

• Adjudant
Corp commanders light bulb
« le: 15 juillet 2014, 19:52:27 pm »
Firstly - This is a great game I have had it for just over a week and I have already played it enough to have good value for money

On the corp command screen there is a light bulb which is usually white but sometimes goes red what does that mean

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Corp commanders light bulb
« Réponse #1 le: 15 juillet 2014, 23:12:01 pm »
Firstly - This is a great game I have had it for just over a week and I have already played it enough to have good value for money
Nice to read that... Thx a lot...

On the corp command screen there is a light bulb which is usually white but sometimes goes red what does that mean
The icon is red when the AI of Corp (or unit) is disabled... in this case, the AI only executes some basic task (ie : for infantry, order to enter in square formation if the unit is threaten by CAV)

JMM

Hors ligne tony scrase

• Adjudant
« Réponse #2 le: 21 juillet 2014, 22:25:52 pm »
Still enjoying the game

If the bulb is red is that something I have done by mistake in which case how do I change it back to white

If not why does the bulb go red, I have noticed in most cases it seems to happen when the corp morale is very low

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #3 le: 21 juillet 2014, 23:50:49 pm »
If not why does the bulb go red, I have noticed in most cases it seems to happen when the corp morale is very low
It is nothing you have done.
It is to show the corp ai is inactive, or will not necessarily respond to your orders, should still defend itself where it can, ie infantry squares etc.
Causes.
Morale as you say is low.
Low cohesion.
High loses. (approx 45%).
Fatigue.

Fixes.
You should probably look at retiring/saving corps with less 50% loses, should still be able to move them out of danger...
If it is about saving troops use the retreat corp order. (only old gui at moment (press g)).
Change affections of remaining units to nearby corps is another possibility.
Try to keep good cohesion within army, don't let corps get cut off.
Good organisation within corp when building oobs is a good start, divisional level organisation is import, if you group artillery in one division they will normally stay together, ie grouped together in one place, same with cavarly.
ie: for simplicity, if you have 2 div, and you want cavalry on flanks construct your divisions with for example 2 cav, 2 batteries, 3 regiments.
When in deployment phase you can change the positions of individual units, but for them to hold the positions given you must remember the corp reserve size and answer no to modify front line. So you can place cavalry on wings, foot artillery to front, horse artillery in reserve etc...
When moving into action answer yes to modify front line, so that the ai can rotate tired and depleted troops.
« Modifié: 21 juillet 2014, 23:58:35 pm par [NBC]Friant »

Hors ligne tony scrase

• Adjudant
« Réponse #4 le: 24 juillet 2014, 19:56:07 pm »
Thank you very much that was very useful