Auteur Sujet: B18) TCP/IP HWN - 12/01/14 - friant vs gunner24 (Fight)  (Lu 6186 fois)

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
B18) TCP/IP HWN - 12/01/14 - friant vs gunner24 (Fight)
« le: 12 janvier 2014, 18:29:43 pm »
Battle map - BUSSACO
The OOB is "Gunners EW style (100,000+)".
12 hour battle.

No tactical winner
Strategical winner, Grouchy, Marginal.

This was a good battle for me, not just for the fact that I got a small win, but from the tactical aspect of the game too. After seeing the replay from Gunners side, it really did look as though I could have smashed my way to his lops.
A strong diversionary attack in the south made excellent progress, Gunner had given me a couple of small clues that he was weak on this flank. So Bessiere's supported by Lanne's made excellent headway, virtually destroying this flank within 2 or 3 hours game time. Seeing the Russian guard moving south with the hope of creating mayhem with my tired corp I withdrew both Bessiere's and Lanne's who for the time being took up defensive positions on my right. Gunner himself was developing an attack in the north. Seeing that his attacking corp would shortly become exhausted I started to shift forces to the left (north) ready for a counter attack. Before I could go over to the offensive my northern flank, which was to be my main attacking force was in no fit state for anything apart from retiring from the front line, so Lefebrve was ordered back.
Victor who was with the Guard was going to support this corp (Lefebrve) going forward, but with them gone, Junot with the cavalry corp I had in reserve was ordered to support Victor, Massena and what remained of Lannes was in support on the right flank of Victor.
At about 2pm the Guard advanced and made excellent going breaking the Russian right flank. Still convinced that Gunner still have fresh troops somewhere I ordered the Guard to change course and head south cutting in behind his forward defense corp. After seeing the replay if I had continued in the original direction Victor was ordered I have no doubt I could have taken the Russian lops.

http://youtu.be/JeMOtTZVDmA

edit lancier: topic update as friant is france so friant vs gunner24 and its a fight instead of maneuver.
« Modifié: 13 janvier 2014, 13:12:07 pm par Lancier »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : B18) PBeM HWLG - 12/01/14 - gunner24 vs friant (Maneuver)
« Réponse #1 le: 12 janvier 2014, 18:42:47 pm »
Another losing battle for g24, but not as bad as I thought with 90 minutes fighting to go.

Lancier

• Invité
Re : B18) TCP/IP HWN - 12/01/14 - friant vs gunner24 (fight)
« Réponse #2 le: 12 janvier 2014, 20:45:53 pm »
great lines perfect battle congratulations both ! updating HOF and BttlChart

Hors ligne Count Miloradovich

• Lieutenant
Re : B18) TCP/IP HWN - 12/01/14 - friant vs gunner24 (Fight)
« Réponse #3 le: 13 janvier 2014, 18:14:14 pm »
Can you upload a replay?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 13 janvier 2014, 18:47:58 pm »
Can not attach a replay file here, says file to big ?????.....but there is one on the first post over at nbc, with a u tube 2d vid on the second post.
http://www.nbchwclub.com/post46043.html#p46043

Hors ligne Count Miloradovich

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #5 le: 13 janvier 2014, 22:28:41 pm »
Thanks Gunner24!

I prefer to watch the replay in game so I have a complete insight into the battle.
Congratulations on your victory Friant.