Auteur Sujet: Screenshots : Infantrymen + 3 gunners  (Lu 12296 fois)

Hors ligne Duc_dEarl

• Grand Maître
  • Colonel
  • Artillerie..... l'Argument Final des Rois!
Paintable areas..
« Réponse #15 le: 10 février 2004, 00:41:31 am »
Bonsoir Soldats,

Citation de: "JMM"
Bonjour,

Here is the faces you can paint...

There are two editors.. so it will be not possible to change the textures of Les Grognards  :wink:

JMM

I am not smart enough to be a 'hard-core modder'... so this concept is appealing to me... it seems that it will be very easy to change the uniform details by selecting units from the OoB... this will work for me!...

I hope that everything will connect together with this feature... otherwise, the uniforms will look very strange indeed....

Cordialement, Duc d'Earl
Artillerie..... l'Argument Final des Rois!

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Screenshots : Infantrymen + 3 gunners
« Réponse #16 le: 10 février 2004, 10:02:23 am »
About the color.. I just use the same process like the background in the game.. All textures are grey.. and they are colored in real time...
So it's possible to get a lot of colors... Is it clear? yep :lol:

For the uniform, we use a white texture with some objects on it (buttons...). The objects aren't colored.. only the cloth...

If "colored in real time" means that a program paint the textures during play then I understand.  :wink:

What will the actual size of the soldiers be in the game at the closest zoom in? Like the first screenshots in this topic or perhaps half the size? 200 pixels were mentioned in an other topic but that doesn't say me much.

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #17 le: 10 février 2004, 10:25:55 am »
If "colored in real time" means that a program paint the textures during play then I understand.  :wink:

Yep... sorry for my technical sentences.. too bad  :wink:

What will the actual size of the soldiers be in the game at the closest zoom in? Like the first screenshots in this topic or perhaps half the size? 200 pixels were mentioned in an other topic but that doesn't say me much.

Laurent and I are working on the optimized 3D meshes and textures to get the best size...

For very nice configuration (3 GHz + ATI Radeon 9800 XT for example), maybe it's possible to draw 400 infantrymen like the upper scrreenshots (full screen.. like RTW) but if the PC is a low configuration, the program draws small 3D soldiers (around 50 pixels high .. like MTW)...

The idea is : Locking the point of view to get the best view with the gamer's PC. (Clear  :?:  :idea: )

JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #18 le: 10 février 2004, 12:28:02 pm »
For very nice configuration (3 GHz + ATI Radeon 9800 XT for example), maybe it's possible to draw 400 infantrymen like the upper scrreenshots (full screen.. like RTW)

Hey, that's my configuration. :D

but if the PC is a low configuration, the program draws small 3D soldiers (around 50 pixels high .. like MTW)...

That would really be a shame with those nice 3D soldiers!

The idea is : Locking the point of view to get the best view with the gamer's PC. (Clear  :?:  :idea: )

Does this means that the display will depend on what configuration the gamer have and not one display that fit all i.e. the lowest configuration will be your system requirement?

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Bil H

• Caporal
« Réponse #19 le: 11 février 2004, 19:06:55 pm »
Looking great JMM.  Can't wait to see some detailed animations of them in game.

As for proportion.. it looks to me like the legs are too long... or/and the arms are too short.  When standing upright, arms down at the side, the finger tips should reach mid thigh.

Bil

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #20 le: 11 février 2004, 19:24:15 pm »
Citation de: "Bil H"
As for proportion.. it looks to me like the legs are too long... or/and the arms are too short.  When standing upright, arms down at the side, the finger tips should reach mid thigh.

Bil

Right Bil.. the arms are too short  :twisted:
Don't worry :wink: We have the good tool to get the correct length.

I believe we can show a lot of new Screenshots on the next monday  (maybe all infantrymen 8) )

For the animations.. patience   :elephant:

JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #21 le: 11 février 2004, 19:30:51 pm »
...And I hope to see cavalry soon too. Especially a French cuirassier with or without the horse.  8)

Then again patience is my middle name. :wink:

/Lars L.
Lars L.