Auteur Sujet: Reasons to buy HW Napoleon.  (Lu 5002 fois)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Reasons to buy HW Napoleon.
« le: 18 décembre 2013, 14:37:34 pm »
What main reasons why I must buy new version of game?
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne D.C. Parquin

• Général de Brigade
Re : Reasons to buy HW Napoleon.
« Réponse #1 le: 18 décembre 2013, 19:20:22 pm »
Hello, simply because the game has benefited from a development that improves all phases of the system, such as uniforms sets and other technical benefits beyond me.
I'm happy to have bought it and exchange totelement my vision of this game I'm one discovery.
Cordially.

En espérant m'être fait comprendre correctement.

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 19 décembre 2013, 13:47:07 pm »
What main reasons why I must buy new version of game?

Jacquinot, I can think of no better reason than to see what your Borodino scenario looks and plays like in HWH - fantastic!

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #3 le: 19 décembre 2013, 16:35:52 pm »
But if I understand right now HW Napoleon is not finished? I saw many videos on youtube, terrain and light very nice and new, but 3d models, uniform textures, animation looks like in HWLG, I right or miss something?
« Modifié: 19 décembre 2013, 16:41:49 pm par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #4 le: 19 décembre 2013, 16:57:20 pm »
If the models are vital for your decision of buying or not, then just wait until next year, when the new models are being implemented and then think about it. Nobody tries to press you, I guess.

On the other hand, if you think you will get it anyway sooner or later, then consider to get it right now and see the child´s whole development on your own, cos I dont think the game will be on discount at least within the next 5 years, until HistWar 3 will be released.  ;)
« Modifié: 19 décembre 2013, 17:03:38 pm par sandman »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #5 le: 19 décembre 2013, 17:17:16 pm »
What about AI, it changed or not? I remember problems with AI when you attack redoubts or crossing rivers etc, they are fixed or not?

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Reasons to buy HW Napoleon.
« Réponse #6 le: 19 décembre 2013, 18:38:25 pm »
What about AI, it changed or not? I remember problems with AI when you attack redoubts or crossing rivers etc, they are fixed or not?

Nope, there are problems present as mentioned here in the forum (river-crossing, blocking units, etc.).

Regarding JMMs statements the AI shall get more challanging (reactive) as it is in "Les Grognards".

The engine in both versions stays the same, but is getting more and more improved.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #7 le: 20 décembre 2013, 06:45:39 am »
Engine the same, AI the same, Soldiers 3d models and textures the same, animation the same... New terrain and light...
I love Histwar and have enough money to buy HWN but, for what I must pay 45 euro?

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #8 le: 20 décembre 2013, 12:02:26 pm »
How come, that one has to get the impression that you ignored my previous post completely?

As mentioned already - you dont have to purchase the game. Nobody presses you.

But as I got JMM right, the AI ("Grand Tactical AI") is/will be better (more reactive) than in HWLG.
New 3D-Models are about to come not too far in the future.
We´ll get a campaign-editor to perform a number of ongoing battles taking into account the outcome of the previous fights.
Common - just read all the new-version-features by yourself and try not to ignore them.

If you doubt, things wont work well in this progress, simply hold on and see the final results in 1 or 2 to years and decide then.

For now its mainly an emotional aspect. Imagine the difference there is, cruising on a lazy sunny sunday afternoon through beautiful environments by an old common car or a capriolet sports vehicle.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #9 le: 20 décembre 2013, 17:31:54 pm »
Anybody know Nix buildings mods is working with HWN or not? If I buy game I want to see historical buildings on Waterloo and Borodino maps.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #10 le: 21 décembre 2013, 22:13:25 pm »
The Nix building mod work in HWLG  !  :)
HWN has a new improved graphic engine, new buildings are in the works
The new improved standard buildings which came with HWLG have gone through
some dramatic improvement.

I followed your posts about historical Borodino buildings, and Nix Chateaux and
Haye Sainte  and I have them on my version of HWLG.    8)
In the past JMM mentioned the possibility of incorporating any building made with
'Google Sketch Up' (the current engine used to make 3d buildings in Google Earth) as
long as they fit the parameters in the HW graphic engine.
Romain would be the best person to ask as he and you are far better at 'doing' that
then I am. 
For my part with Google Sketch up I built the historical block of the fortress of Mantua
but it couldn't be fit in the 'Ville' so I gave it up     for now  :twisted:
Jaquinot you are sorely missed and should return to 'Active Duty' at HistWar   ;)

zu
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #11 le: 01 janvier 2014, 01:52:31 am »
I play DEMO, graphics is amazing! Old 3d models looks much better.