Auteur Sujet: Histwar: Robert E. Lee  (Lu 2117 fois)

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Histwar: Robert E. Lee
« le: 25 novembre 2013, 21:40:19 pm »
Just a shy idea and i know the developer team at this time and probably still for a long time has more than enough work to do on finishing the current projects.

But could you imagine to create an official American Civil War-Version "HistWar: Robert E. Lee" on this game after, or parallel to the Wellington-Version.

The point is, that the US is a huge and financially potent market and those people are absolutely mad about this subject. BTW i must admit that this is a very interesting epoche either. If you see this potential too, would there be a will to eventually realize such a project somewhen, especially if modders wont create a high quality mod?

Currently the reference product about that subject should be "Scourge of War". But the new features of HW:N seem to have everything it takes to represent a new standard.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Histwar: Robert E. Lee
« Réponse #1 le: 25 novembre 2013, 23:32:24 pm »
This suggestion has been made before and you are certainly right about the commercial possibilities. But it is not so easy...

I bought Scourge of War soon after it was released - I thought the graphics were wonderful as you see every building, farm, road and tree around Gettysburg. HW has never had that sort of detailed feel but of course it is designed for something different - the ability to simulate many battles and to give a top-down command experience. SoW, on the other hand, gives a wonderful feel at the regimental level but I find it confusing at the higher levels.

I think there would have a huge rewrite of the HW AI to make a rival to SoW (two simple examples, a)  HW ignores roads and SoW makes them crucial to troop movements b) SoW shows you couriers moving across the map and depicts the individual riders approaching officers to deliver orders - HW has never gone to that level of detail).

HW has followers who are experts on the Napoleonic era and SoW has the same sort of expertise. For JMM to impress the Americans, he and his team would need to become experts on the Civil War - It would be asking a huge amount - he may not even be interested in it. (I would be very excited if he went backwards in time and covered the 7 years war or the period of Louis XIV but I don't think it will happen in my lifetime).
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne antiochus

• Adjudant
« Réponse #2 le: 25 novembre 2013, 23:44:05 pm »
+++

I would die and go to heaven if I could prove Villars could have beat Marlborough, or that Berwick could have. :D

Either that or give me Saxe.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Histwar: Robert E. Lee
« Réponse #3 le: 26 novembre 2013, 00:04:53 am »
+++

I would die and go to heaven if I could prove Villars could have beat Marlborough, or that Berwick could have. :D

Either that or give me Saxe.

I believe his biography was called The Joy of Saxe
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne antiochus

• Adjudant
« Réponse #4 le: 26 novembre 2013, 01:53:00 am »
It was definitely his father's.