Auteur Sujet: 2nd of December..... the march begins  (Lu 20206 fois)

Hors ligne John1815

• Caporal
Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #30 le: 30 novembre 2013, 18:42:05 pm »
Thanks for clearing that up.

Hors ligne Simon

• Adjudant
« Réponse #31 le: 03 décembre 2013, 00:52:02 am »
2nd of December..... the march begins.

It didn't.

Hors ligne von_Clausewitz

• HistWar Team - Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Capitaine
Re : Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #32 le: 03 décembre 2013, 07:42:52 am »
2nd of December..... the march begins.

It didn't.

Small technical error that will be quickly solved. Sorry for the delay....

VC
La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas

• Modérateur
  • Capitaine
« Réponse #33 le: 03 décembre 2013, 07:59:45 am »
I understand the concern of many about the pricing for the game in these rough financial times.
I just ask you to consider the following:

What other game/simulation out there offers the same for less?
For the most basic product that is around 50$, you are getting a map editor, an order of battle editor, a doctrine editor, a scenario editor and a campaign editor. I am not aware of any other game giving the player all these tools to guarantee unlimited potential.

This is not counting the fact that there is no game out there that offers the same scope. One similar game relating to the civil war comes to mind, offering one battle, fought piecemeal, with sprites, without any editors for roughly 30$ with each little add on later on costing 10-20$.

Also most of you know that Histwar will not be released and abandoned, you know the dedication with which JMM has taken feedback and acted upon it.

In the long run, one looking at the big picture, Histwar:Napoleon is cheap.

Wellington will be sold as an add on because a specific AI is planned for the British army that will take into account their style of fighting, so you are not buying just textures.

A small disclaimer: the above is my own personal opinion and not the Histwar team's necessarily.

A donate button is a good idea.

Looking forward to working with you guys on the new interface.

VC
« Modifié: 03 décembre 2013, 08:03:56 am par von_Clausewitz »

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #34 le: 03 décembre 2013, 09:40:50 am »
Good to hear from you VC. When the dust has settled and we are playing HWN I would like to hear what you have planned for the OOB editor. The reason being I think this will be used by more players as a tool for playing campaigns and this will be where the OOB editor will be very important to us. Anyway, I understand you are all busy at the moment and I am not talking about straight way but at some point perhaps we can open a topic on this subject?

Regards Friant.

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #35 le: 03 décembre 2013, 09:43:27 am »
I understand the concern of many about the pricing for the game in these rough financial times.
I just ask you to consider the following:

What other game/simulation out there offers the same for less?
For the most basic product that is around 50$, you are getting a map editor, an order of battle editor, a doctrine editor, a scenario editor and a campaign editor. I am not aware of any other game giving the player all these tools to guarantee unlimited potential.

This is not counting the fact that there is no game out there that offers the same scope. One similar game relating to the civil war comes to mind, offering one battle, fought piecemeal, with sprites, without any editors for roughly 30$ with each little add on later on costing 10-20$.

Also most of you know that Histwar will not be released and abandoned, you know the dedication with which JMM has taken feedback and acted upon it.

In the long run, one looking at the big picture, Histwar:Napoleon is cheap.

Wellington will be sold as an add on because a specific AI is planned for the British army that will take into account their style of fighting, so you are not buying just textures.

A small disclaimer: the above is my own personal opinion and not the Histwar team's necessarily.

A donate button is a good idea.

Looking forward to working with you guys on the new interface.

VC

Just 2 comments:

The price isnt that much concerning to comparable products in the niche market of high realism games. There are games with very rudimentary graphics, but high level realism and plenty of depth in details, which cost up to 90 $. HW: N now obviously offers both - awesome graphics and multi-level AI providing an outstanding standart in authentincity.

I remember times a few decades ago, when it was very common that people saved money upon an upcoming purchase. For most people it should probably be possible to save 5 or 10 bucks each month.
Others in such hard hidden regions, who even have to give away their children for a certain time to keep up their living definitively have to set priorities. A crisis wouldnt be a crisis if our current sorrow was about not being able to effort and play a computergame immediately.
Hopefully that makes us learn to understand economics and money better and vote governments who not make just promises based on interests. And so the circle gets completed cos this has got something to do with not fullfilling more wishes than effordable in a certain time, but setting priorities and saving continously to achieve a target.

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #36 le: 03 décembre 2013, 10:01:41 am »
2nd December... the march begins.... yes i know it did not yet... but HistWar portaits even the "delay of order"

no problem at all guys.... we will blame Bernadotte for that  :mrgreen:

JMM is working 24hrs a day to solve this annoying little problem  ;)
Histwar beta tester

Lancier

• Invité
« Réponse #37 le: 03 décembre 2013, 10:02:48 am »
nice one sir !   :lol:
...but HistWar portaits even the "delay of order"

no problem at all guys.... we will blame Bernadotte for that  :mrgreen:

Hors ligne abarlow17

• Adjudant
« Réponse #38 le: 03 décembre 2013, 15:39:53 pm »
When I started this topic it was to show how expensive the  game is overall. Thanks for the replies however I think it got missed as to what I was trying to get across. The basic game as it stands right now does not seem that different from what we have already. Yes there are new features planned  down the road(AI, new UI etc... ) which looks cool however right now I do not see a big enough difference to warrant spending even $50-60 updating. Yes the basic game is a reasonable price however from there the pricing model just goes crazy in my opinion and wanting to pay extra for those goodies (I have no problem paying some extra at least to me). It appears each add on you choose seems to double the amount of money you pay. A lot  of people  here seem to be buying the base game (good for you) and I can understand why. I would have thought myself that it would have made more sense to have the base version and  then the extra's (e.g PDF manual, Waterloo add-on etc....) could be listed as individual items with prices to reflect their value (e.g PDF manual $5, Waterloo add-on $30). I am not saying these are good prices but I think a lot more sales could  occur if you did not  have to buy these  expensive packages where there may be something you do not want but you still have to buy/pay for it. Kind of reminds me of DirectTV packages. If you want the History channel you have to buy the Gold package with 300 channels even though you only want to watch only that one channel. I think the art to making big sales (in my opinion at least) is make them appear affordable/ good value and you will sell considerably more. I just do not see to justification for the prices. I understand that the team needs money and support. The donate button is a great idea and dependent on what people could donate could help maybe with the prices for the game.  (people that  could support the game strongly could help us poorer people  afford the  game). I have been in a sales business enviroment for 20+ years just to give some basis for my opinions. I wish JMM and the team the best of luck with this new game.  I will still be following the game in the future.

Reisman17

• Modérateur
  • Capitaine
« Réponse #39 le: 03 décembre 2013, 16:19:18 pm »
When I started this topic it was to show how expensive the  game is overall. Thanks for the replies however I think it got missed as to what I was trying to get across. The basic game as it stands right now does not seem that different from what we have already. Yes there are new features planned  down the road(AI, new UI etc... ) which looks cool however right now I do not see a big enough difference to warrant spending even $50-60 updating. Yes the basic game is a reasonable price however from there the pricing model just goes crazy in my opinion and wanting to pay extra for those goodies (I have no problem paying some extra at least to me). It appears each add on you choose seems to double the amount of money you pay. A lot  of people  here seem to be buying the base game (good for you) and I can understand why. I would have thought myself that it would have made more sense to have the base version and  then the extra's (e.g PDF manual, Waterloo add-on etc....) could be listed as individual items with prices to reflect their value (e.g PDF manual $5, Waterloo add-on $30). I am not saying these are good prices but I think a lot more sales could  occur if you did not  have to buy these  expensive packages where there may be something you do not want but you still have to buy/pay for it. Kind of reminds me of DirectTV packages. If you want the History channel you have to buy the Gold package with 300 channels even though you only want to watch only that one channel. I think the art to making big sales (in my opinion at least) is make them appear affordable/ good value and you will sell considerably more. I just do not see to justification for the prices. I understand that the team needs money and support. The donate button is a great idea and dependent on what people could donate could help maybe with the prices for the game.  (people that  could support the game strongly could help us poorer people  afford the  game). I have been in a sales business enviroment for 20+ years just to give some basis for my opinions. I wish JMM and the team the best of luck with this new game.  I will still be following the game in the future.

Reisman17

Hi Reisman,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying there is no difference at the present time between histwar 1 and 2.

It might seem this way maybe gameplay wise at this time but I can assure you these new graphics took about 2 years of work. Thousands of lines of code had to be rewritten.

Also all the sounds have been remade by a sound engineer. The sound quality now is much better.
The AI will be vastly improved, adding brigade/division orders and AI is no small feat.

To be able to help JMM do the new interfaces and editors, I have spent most my free time in the last 6 months making my own user interface library from scratch as the library I had used to make he new launcher could not be used with the rest of the game, so I had to redesign my own library instead of using an already available one which set me back months.

Personally, I wish it would have been feasible to release the game when all the new features were implemented for a full WAW effect but alas, the financial reality dictated otherwise.
We hope to see you back later, you do not want to miss out on the campaign feature and scenarios that are not really available in Histwar1.

Sincerely,
VC

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #40 le: 03 décembre 2013, 16:42:11 pm »
thank you Von Clausewitz, those inside are really interesting for the players  :D
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #41 le: 03 décembre 2013, 16:48:18 pm »
Reisman17, I can see your point, but perhaps another way of looking at it is that you are buying into a game. Ideally everyone would have wanted the game to be the complete package which would have meant probably waiting up to another year, so I for one am glad to get it like this. What you get now will probably be no comparison to what you will end up with towards the end of 2014/15. One thing I have learnt with this game since I first saw it on ---------* (if I remember correctly?) is patience.  I think in the long run it will be well worth the cost as it is now, after all it can be easy to spend 40 - 50 euros on a single night out!, once this is up and running I think gaming hours will far out weigh the cost.
What has now happened with HW will fast become the norm. Lots of developers are doing this sort of thing now where you 'buy in' into a game that you are part of as the development proceeds, ie Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous has raised millions of dollars and still there is no end product as such...

* Dont know why this was deleted?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #42 le: 03 décembre 2013, 17:13:24 pm »
It is the name of the site where HW was to be developed / launched many years ago I suspect.
It begins with "B" and is the same place I first found HW.

As I can remember, the original "plan" was changed and HW2 will be vastly improved over what HWLG was planned to be as a finished product, so for me, I'm happy to pay the "extra" cost in developing HW over and above what was first planned all those years ago.
« Modifié: 03 décembre 2013, 17:16:48 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
« Réponse #43 le: 03 décembre 2013, 17:19:00 pm »
The "B" is replaced by ------- in the forum, and yes is the place where many of us became aware of HistWar Les Grognards  ;)
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne abarlow17

• Adjudant
« Réponse #44 le: 04 décembre 2013, 03:45:28 am »
Maybe I just need to see some good you tube videos after release to justify the "investment" before taking the plunge :-). I am much more aware of my financial situation (especially since my wage dropped approx 15k since last year). Hope to see some videos of it in action soon. Good luck all.

Reisman17