Auteur Sujet: 2nd of December..... the march begins  (Lu 20207 fois)

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #15 le: 24 novembre 2013, 20:04:29 pm »
Modders have a special status so they can exchange with the team using a special Forum.
Like Forum Grenadier for HW:LGdN, there will be a special Forum for HW:N. It's a bonus.
Maybe I have to include this feature in the "General de Division"... OK.. I do... (just not immediately because yet there are some important tasks)

JMM
Allright JMM, and many thanks for this important decision that will rejoice some faithful Grognards ! :D

Théo
« Modifié: 26 novembre 2013, 15:31:03 pm par Théodoricus »

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #16 le: 24 novembre 2013, 20:27:26 pm »
Like Forum Grenadier for HW:LGdN, there will be a special Forum for HW:N. It's a bonus.
Maybe I have to include this feature in the "General de Division"... OK.. I do... (just not immediately because yet there are some important tasks)
Ah, wish I had known, would have probably gone for this version...  ;) Nevermind...

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #17 le: 26 novembre 2013, 00:17:31 am »
I really liked Histwar Les Grognards ( I bought the second tier) and it was the most expensive game I ever bought (approx US $90.00). Now I have looked at the new store and seen the new prices for Histwar Napoleon and it just seems even more out of my reach. The lowest most basic version "Brigadier General" version (again is US $) will be $60.00. Next up with PDF and forum access added "Division General" version will be US $120.00 and then "Colonial General" verison with "Wellington" and design input (this is really the one I would like) is a staggering US $256.00 and then there are levels even higher than this. I stopped at the third because it was just so extraordinarily expensive. I have supported this  game the best I can over the years with suggestions and a few of you long time guys may remember me back in the day. I am sorry but I cannot see myself spending anymore than US $100.00 (which I have been holding onto to see about getting this). I am sorry to say that being Euro currency really hurts us in the USA. I was really looking forward to this and seeing these prices almost makes me want to cry. Thanks for the good times. I think I will be passing this time round as financially I am worse off than I was when I bought the first game so I have to watch my money much more carefully. Good luck.

Reisman17

Bonjour abarlow17 and especially JMM,

Me too.  Good-bye, Adios, Vaya Con Dios, Adieu, Au Revoir, Bonnne Voyage:  Bonne chance avec votre nouveau démographique, car maqny de vos Grognards fidèles en ont assez de la retraite de Russie (une métaphore) .... Je ne suis pas l'un des élites à qui vous répondre maintenant, tout simplement un humble soldat usé par le temps .... Ce soir, j'ai lu que Aristote, Platon, Socrate et les Evangiles, un temps plus enrichissante et agréable .... adieu mon ami :(

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 26 novembre 2013, 15:18:54 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Simon

• Adjudant
« Réponse #18 le: 26 novembre 2013, 20:19:53 pm »
I would like to buy and support this release, to which purpose I simply ask: will it work properly?

Graphical and behavioural aberrations have meant that I got out of the original game are a few tests. It was never possible to simulate a battle to the accuracy of a board wargame because crazy stuff would happen all the time - like a whole battalion surrendering, then escaping to fight again. Pretty weird stuff and easily enough to invalidate the results of a carefully devised strategy.

Now, I don't mind so much having just contributing financially to the development of such a unique game with exciting potential but I would like assurance that this new release is the fulfilment of that potential and can be played without obvious gross errors. The marketing pages are littered with typographical errors, so there is some cause for worry.

The new game certainly looks up to date now; sounds, I don't know - they are curiously missing from the sample videos. Mention of a revised user interface is very welcome, even if we have to wait a while. If it has been done well, I'm sure it will entice many more buyers.

I know how hard these systems are to program and how many hours are needed to achieve the smallest results or overcome technical issues. Given this and past frustrations, I will hope to be the strongest advocate for the new game if and when it delivers the full promise for which we have hoped over the years.

Allez et bon chance...

Hors ligne Tirailleur

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #19 le: 27 novembre 2013, 09:55:57 am »
Ok, let us compare some of the coming titles and new ones.

Here are the prices from an all known shopping platform:

Battlefield 4 (~ 60$)
Titanfall (~60$)
Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag (~60$)
Total War: Rome 2 (~60$)

The new edition HW: Napoleon is improved over LG and better than the listed games.

You can list also the cheaper ones, but as JMM said: You get a simulation with several hundred (thousands) hours of Napoleonic warfare at its best.

So, if you have not the money yet, x-mas is near. You don’t find any better simulation of the Napoleonic era in the near future.
And yes, support the team to honor their work and make the best Napoleonic game even better.

Hors ligne stephen

• Soldat
« Réponse #20 le: 27 novembre 2013, 12:16:59 pm »
I agree that Histwars is the best Napoleonic simulation game around, what other game can field armies of 250,000 men ? or has the depth of play ? It is unfortunate that the game will only appeal to a minority of people who are interested in this era.
Most people want a console type game where a battle is over in minutes, there is no depth to these games, and they have no appeal to me. Like you say Xmas is coming, which is the reason I can't buy this game at present, it is very good value for money, but all mine is spent ! So I will be looking on with envy and reading all about Hist wars Napoleon without the chance to play the game at this time. But good things come to those that wait, or save in my case.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #21 le: 30 novembre 2013, 00:31:20 am »
We histwarians, have different financial means, but we share the passion of an era and the game that makes him the best tribute. So I am sure we will continue this adventure, each up to its potential (I ordered the "General Division" version). ;)

I agree the idea of ​​a "donation" button !!! :D :D
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #22 le: 30 novembre 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
Modders have a special status so they can exchange with the team using a special Forum.

JMM

Thanks for that JMM.
I guess the "General de Division" package is much more attractive now!

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #23 le: 30 novembre 2013, 13:06:29 pm »
thanks for the Edition revision JMM ... done i think.
No, after a look this morning, the mention, as said below, has'nt been added by JMM on the french store.
JMM

Théo

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #24 le: 30 novembre 2013, 13:20:58 pm »
No, after a look this morning, the mention, as said below, has'nt been added by JMM on the french store.
Théo

Maybe the cache of your tool...

L'édition «Général de Division» contient :

Edition Support du Team HistWar

HistWar : Napoleon : le jeu
     Editeur de cartes
     Editeur d'armées
     Editeur de doctrines
     3 pdf (concept du jeu, éditeurs,  caractéristiques des armées)
     Voir les Caractéristiques du Jeu
    Jeu à télécharger
    Accès à chaque mise à jour du jeu
    Evolution gratuite vers toutes les versions suivantes (Eylau... Victory)
    Acces Forum Etat-Major
    Nom dans les crédits du jeu
    Manuel pdf des Règles commentées (à la sortie du jeu)
    Rencontres vocales mensuelles avec l'équipe de développement (à partir de Mai 2014)

Sorry if I don't answer to your questions... Very soon because I am a bit busy... Why ?  I don't know  :smile:

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #25 le: 30 novembre 2013, 17:00:28 pm »
Maybe the cache of your tool...
That's right : ''Accès Forum Etat-Major'' has been added now.
Thanks JMM. I know you are very busy.

Théo

Hors ligne John1815

• Caporal
« Réponse #26 le: 30 novembre 2013, 17:41:58 pm »
Hi all, I've been away from HW waiting for the AI patch and have some questions.

What new features will HW2 have over HW1 ?

"Five levels of artificial intelligence - The division and brigade AI will be implemented in the Eylau version"   is this the state of HW1 now or is this new AI ?

Will HW1 AI be patched to HW2 and Eylau level ?

And I presume Eylau will be an addon ?

Thanks

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #27 le: 30 novembre 2013, 17:58:41 pm »
Hi all, I've been away from HW waiting for the AI patch and have some questions.
What new features will HW2 have over HW1 ?
"Five levels of artificial intelligence - The division and brigade AI will be implemented in the Eylau version"   is this the state of HW1 now or is this new AI ?
Will HW1 AI be patched to HW2 and Eylau level ?
And I presume Eylau will be an addon ?
Thanks

Eylau is not an addon but a new version (no extra-charge)
From Eylau, there will be some differences.. but the AIs themselves (GT,Corps,Division,Brigade,Regiment) will be identical.
Today, internal engine of HW:N and HW:LGdN are identical.

JMM

Hors ligne John1815

• Caporal
« Réponse #28 le: 30 novembre 2013, 18:31:17 pm »
So will  The division and brigade AI will be implemented in a HW:LGdN patch ?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #29 le: 30 novembre 2013, 18:38:16 pm »
So will  The division and brigade AI will be implemented in a HW:LGdN patch ?

Yes, there will be...

but the AIs themselves (GT,Corps,Division,Brigade,Regiment) will be identical.

Sorry if it is not understandable

JMM