Auteur Sujet: 2nd of December..... the march begins  (Lu 20204 fois)

Hors ligne Montecuccoli

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
Histwar beta tester

Hors ligne abarlow17

• Adjudant
Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #1 le: 24 novembre 2013, 05:47:24 am »
I really liked Histwar Les Grognards ( I bought the second tier) and it was the most expensive game I ever bought (approx US $90.00). Now I have looked at the new store and seen the new prices for Histwar Napoleon and it just seems even more out of my reach. The lowest most basic version "Brigadier General" version (again is US $) will be $60.00. Next up with PDF and forum access added "Division General" version will be US $120.00 and then "Colonial General" verison with "Wellington" and design input (this is really the one I would like) is a staggering US $256.00 and then there are levels even higher than this. I stopped at the third because it was just so extraordinarily expensive. I have supported this  game the best I can over the years with suggestions and a few of you long time guys may remember me back in the day. I am sorry but I cannot see myself spending anymore than US $100.00 (which I have been holding onto to see about getting this). I am sorry to say that being Euro currency really hurts us in the USA. I was really looking forward to this and seeing these prices almost makes me want to cry. Thanks for the good times. I think I will be passing this time round as financially I am worse off than I was when I bought the first game so I have to watch my money much more carefully. Good luck.

Reisman17

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 24 novembre 2013, 09:46:01 am »
Hi Sir,

For the USA, the price game (General Brigade) is around $47.07... (rate 1€ = $1.36; without VAT)
I am no sure this price is very expensive for this kind of game because you can spend several hundreds (thousands) hours on it.. no just some battles...
The other editions are to support the team, like Quickstarter concept... no more...

Thank you for your comment.

JMM

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #3 le: 24 novembre 2013, 09:52:36 am »
The problem is the present circunstancies ...the crisis is very real, specially here in Portugal...
Back in 2009 I had no issue buying the big box. Now realistically I can only afford the brigadier general version, although I wished I could help more.

Anyhow, it's preordered.

Regards
« Modifié: 24 novembre 2013, 09:54:55 am par Franciscus »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #4 le: 24 novembre 2013, 10:00:20 am »
Hello all...

I can understand... Your support is important, even if you get the cheapest edition.. Thank a lot for that... really...
That said, I have to correct the bad informations about the $ price... but I know the crisis is in our countries !

HistWar Team.

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #5 le: 24 novembre 2013, 10:22:59 am »
Hi Sir,
The other editions are to support the team, like Quickstarter concept... no more...

Thank you for your comment.

JMM

OK, so far. But providing a Basic-Version with a PDF-Manual and a Forum-Access for me is a minimum-standard. This cannot be just an additional support for the Histwar-Team, since those are rather necessairy attributes to get in an adequate comfort of the game itself.

BTW i ordered HW:N General Brigadier, but i hope that i will receive a PDF Manual somewhen and get access to a community-forum, like i am used to since joining Histwar at the beginning of Les Grognards.

Greetings

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #6 le: 24 novembre 2013, 10:37:10 am »
I can understand... Your support is important, even if you get the cheapest edition.. Thank a lot for that... really...
That said, I have to correct the bad informations about the $ price... but I know the crisis is in our countries !
Hello JMM and team, I too have taken the cheapest option.
The reality of the situation is that this will probably be the only Napoleonic game of this type, this is what the hardcore enthusiast will be playing imo... with the ability to build battles and play campaigns the pleasure will far outweigh the cost. I cannot see any big gaming company making a game like this for such a small pool of players, and what they do make will only be made to please a majority fan base, ie very basic and very arcade.
The reason for my post is that with a team and time spent to build this game I think we all realise that somewhere along the line these things cost money, have you thought about opening a donation button on the forum?
I think you will find quite a few who would donate regularly if that is what it takes to keep this game moving forward, and hopefully reaching all the goals you have specified.
Although we have seen screenshots and short videos we are still not quite sure what to expect... therefore more hesitancy in spending the big bucks maybe.
Anyway goodluck, hope sales more than match your targets and looking forward to getting my HWN.  ;)

Hors ligne Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Réponse #7 le: 24 novembre 2013, 10:44:15 am »
We histwarians, have different financial means, but we share the passion of an era and the game that makes him the best tribute. So I am sure we will continue this adventure, each up to its potential (I ordered the "General Division" version). ;)

I agree the idea of ​​a "donation" button !!! :D :D

Hors ligne stephen

• Soldat
« Réponse #8 le: 24 novembre 2013, 12:01:47 pm »
Like many people I'm having to make my money stretch, it is a pity that the game is being released at the most expensive time of year, even the cheapest option is out of reach for the time being.
I noticed you are giving a discount for people who pre order, could this not be extended to all those who bought Histwars? As I said at present I am not in a position to buy the game prior to release, but maybe sometime next year, anyway thought I would ask. Thank's again for your time and commitment to producing a fine game.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #9 le: 24 novembre 2013, 15:55:19 pm »
I have ordered the "cheapest" version and will have no hesitation in paying more in a year from now for "Wellington" if all goes well with this grand adventure.  I saw an advert on tv for an xbox1 game, it was over 50 pounds !!!!!......compared to that HW|N is great value for money.

Normally I would like a hard copy of the manual, but in this case, I already have it for HWLG so don't feel I need an updated one for N.

I do wonder now and then, if a special HW server for MP could be funded via a monthly subscription, maybe something to think about in 2015 after "Wellington" is here ???.  I know for sure if there was an active MP Community I would have no issue with a reasonable monthly cost - but of course, what is reasonable ?.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #10 le: 24 novembre 2013, 16:40:28 pm »
@ JMM,

If I understand, you can not have access to the Forum HW-N if you only buy ''Général de Brigade'' pack.
If I'm right, does that mean that Modders can not exchange with other players and have information (creation of satellite maps and so on) to create scenarios especially for HW-N game and can not publish their creations ?
What differences there will be between the HW-LG Forum and HW-N Forum ?

Theo

Hors ligne antiochus

• Adjudant
« Réponse #11 le: 24 novembre 2013, 18:11:19 pm »
 I know I am going to purchase this game. I am not sure what level my " boss " hasn't told me yet :D.

But, I do have a question.

Will the AI in the new game not move all of it's army around now when playing a historical battle?

The only problem I ever had was not being able to play a battle historically.

Thanks

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #12 le: 24 novembre 2013, 18:18:11 pm »
the expression 'access to HWN forum' is changed to 'access to Forum Etat-Major' i think (you see when you get into package details) ... but still dont know what it means as i wondered that too to decide about packages ... was planing a ColGen before i got the GdD finally this morning ...

some insight about this Etat-Major forum

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,7594.msg100664.html#msg100664

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #13 le: 24 novembre 2013, 18:33:43 pm »
some insight about this Etat-Major forum

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,7594.msg100664.html#msg100664
Thanks thilio.

Nevertheless, I would like to have an answer to this question :
If we buy the ''Général de Brigade'' or the ''Général de Division'' packages, does that mean that Modders can not exchange with other players and have information from the HW-Napoleon's team (creation of satellite maps and so on) to create scenarios especially for HW-N game and can not publish their creations ?

Théo

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Re : Re : 2nd of December..... the march begins
« Réponse #14 le: 24 novembre 2013, 19:55:21 pm »
Thanks thilio.

Nevertheless, I would like to have an answer to this question :
If we buy the ''Général de Brigade'' or the ''Général de Division'' packages, does that mean that Modders can not exchange with other players and have information from the HW-Napoleon's team (creation of satellite maps and so on) to create scenarios especially for HW-N game and can not publish their creations ?

Théo

Modders have a special status so they can exchange with the team using a special Forum.
Like Forum Grenadier for HW:LGdN, there will be a special Forum for HW:N. It's a bonus.
Maybe I have to include this feature in the "General de Division"... OK.. I do... (just not immediately because yet there are some important tasks)

JMM