Auteur Sujet: How can I cancel orders to a corps?  (Lu 2821 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
How can I cancel orders to a corps?
« le: 18 octobre 2013, 14:25:31 pm »
I play PBEM with order delay and I want to cancel a current order to a corps on the move and give a new order instead. The arrows of new order start from the final-deplyment-zone of the first order.
When I say "stop movement"  the corps stopps but it resumes the old order when I say "resume movement" it resumes the old order.
If I press F7 and then go to corps-order panel I can chose "cancel order" but not for all corps and it seems that "cancel order" has no effect. When does "cancel order" appear?
How can I cancel an order to a corps which is on the move and re-direct a corps to another zone without going to the first target-zone first?

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : How can I cancel orders to a corps?
« Réponse #1 le: 25 novembre 2013, 13:04:54 pm »
I play PBEM with order delay and I want to cancel a current order to a corps on the move and give a new order instead. The arrows of new order start from the final-deplyment-zone of the first order.
When I say "stop movement"  the corps stopps but it resumes the old order when I say "resume movement" it resumes the old order.
If I press F7 and then go to corps-order panel I can chose "cancel order" but not for all corps and it seems that "cancel order" has no effect. When does "cancel order" appear?
How can I cancel an order to a corps which is on the move and re-direct a corps to another zone without going to the first target-zone first?

Interesting, but unfortunately no answer yet!
Any developer ready to make a statement?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 25 novembre 2013, 15:20:50 pm »
Someone will answer soon I'm sure, but I have played HW solo and MP for almost THREE years and have never, even one single time, bothered to cancel an order and generally speaking I have less "order" problems than anyone else I play MP with - best keep things simple I say !!!!.

What I do is give a brand new order, what then happens is, the Corps carry on with the old order until the TIME arrives for the new order to kick in, then the troops start to carry out the new order.  If you cancel a order, you have to wait to carry out a new order anyway, why bother ?.

I have always thought issuing orders, canceling orders, giving news one and them canceling them is not a great idea.

In my experience the LESS orders you give the better, giving new orders, or canceling old one every few minutes is not really the way HW was designed to be played.

Hope that helps a little.......just don't bother canceling them, issue new orders......ha.
« Modifié: 25 novembre 2013, 15:22:28 pm par Gunner24 »

Hors ligne sandman

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : How can I cancel orders to a corps?
« Réponse #3 le: 25 novembre 2013, 21:21:30 pm »
Someone will answer soon I'm sure, but I have played HW solo and MP for almost THREE years and have never, even one single time, bothered to cancel an order and generally speaking I have less "order" problems than anyone else I play MP with - best keep things simple I say !!!!.

What I do is give a brand new order, what then happens is, the Corps carry on with the old order until the TIME arrives for the new order to kick in, then the troops start to carry out the new order.  If you cancel a order, you have to wait to carry out a new order anyway, why bother ?.

I have always thought issuing orders, canceling orders, giving news one and them canceling them is not a great idea.

In my experience the LESS orders you give the better, giving new orders, or canceling old one every few minutes is not really the way HW was designed to be played.

Hope that helps a little.......just don't bother canceling them, issue new orders......ha.

Sure, basicly i share this experience. But if a function is implemented, it should finally make sense.

This for example could make sense without issuing a new order, if you play hardcore realistic without having a clue whats happening at that point in the very area of the before ordered subject and you just want to leave the further behaviour to the subordinate´s AI. Perhaps cos you just see enemy movements which seem if keeping up the once given order would probably lead in a desaster.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #4 le: 25 novembre 2013, 22:56:36 pm »
No really an order to cancel an order... but more interesting : you may halt the Corps...
So all units stop, waiting an new order or an order for resuming the march...

JMM