Auteur Sujet: Dark green Riflemen request  (Lu 2822 fois)

Hors ligne picton26

• Caporal
Dark green Riflemen request
« le: 18 septembre 2013, 04:02:57 am »
Hi sorry for such a small silly request, was wondering if anyone would be able to make the riflemen (95th i know off not sure what others wear the green jacket) green uniform not so bright or less contrast in it just seems a little off, huge fan of the sharpe series, also wondering is the baker rifle  modeled in the game ( not the textures the actual sim) fantastic work on the waterloo and pen mod by way, having so much fun just trying re-create battle of waterloo with command both armys.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Dark green Riflemen request
« Réponse #1 le: 18 septembre 2013, 06:00:43 am »
Hi sorry for such a small silly request, was wondering if anyone would be able to make the riflemen (95th i know off not sure what others wear the green jacket) green uniform not so bright or less contrast in it just seems a little off, huge fan of the sharpe series, also wondering is the baker rifle  modeled in the game ( not the textures the actual sim) fantastic work on the waterloo and pen mod by way, having so much fun just trying re-create battle of waterloo with command both armys.

Bonjour Msr. picton26,

Good idea .... maybe it will be developed for HW:N .... I also have good hopes for this  suggestion ....  :)

Cordialement, DoE

Hors ligne picton26

• Caporal
« Réponse #2 le: 18 septembre 2013, 07:08:20 am »
Gday duke o earl
 I was thinking i could probably do my self  ,uniform that is, do you know any good tutorials on texture editing?, apologizes if there is that i,ve not spotted, i know it was real easy with the combat mission sims ,i believe this sim is based on that sim engine could be wrong, you could just open the texture files in paint programe / photoshop.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Dark green Riflemen request
« Réponse #3 le: 19 septembre 2013, 04:25:54 am »
Gday duke o earl
 I was thinking i could probably do my self  ,uniform that is, do you know any good tutorials on texture editing?, apologizes if there is that i,ve not spotted, i know it was real easy with the combat mission sims ,i believe this sim is based on that sim engine could be wrong, you could just open the texture files in paint programe / photoshop.

Bonjour Msr. picton26,

All I know is the Peninsula and Waterloo mods .... I think you should contact those modders for further technical details .... probably a little more complicated than you think .... but, maybe not so .... :?

P.S. Here is a little more information for you .... Histwar is not based on the same engine as Combat Mission ....  :oops:

As for re-texturing the 3D models, here is a post from the Modders Sub-forum:

"I would like to know what are the settings for a model (for example an infantry unit) to be exported from 3ds max to .x format. What is the polycount needed, and how many frames must be the various animations. It would be nice to have a sample model in .x format to help the modders."

To me, this implies that Photoshop or Paint probably will not work here ....  :oops:

Here is the link for 3ds Max: http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-3ds-max/overview

And here is a link for 3ds Max tutorials: http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/3DS-MAX/1

And here is link for some general information about 3ds Max:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3ds_Max

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 19 septembre 2013, 18:45:14 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne picton26

• Caporal
« Réponse #4 le: 19 septembre 2013, 22:15:07 pm »
Chur bro great info, I cant try at mo as 3ds max seems to run 64 bit only, been meaning to upgrade to 64bit as me rig is cranking 12 gig of ram but only got access to 3, bit off topic sorry, might  see if the waterloo  boys can do it, shame it such a process to change uniform and unit stats, the potential of mods we could have would be huge if it was easier,I'd love to do a nz\maori wars mod.

Amazing this sim was built  ground up, with one guy no less, major kudos to JMM, I just assumed it was based on CM engine cause first heard about on ---------. thanks again mate.