Auteur Sujet: Patch 03x(RC1)  (Lu 20591 fois)

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Patch 03x(RC1)
« le: 01 juillet 2013, 22:03:24 pm »
Thank you JMM

Best Regards
zu
« Modifié: 03 décembre 2013, 13:00:39 pm par zu Pferd »
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Patch 03x(RC1)
« Réponse #1 le: 01 juillet 2013, 22:48:32 pm »
I installed the patch without difficulty. I think the new graphics are superb. Cavalry vs Cavalry really feels as though hundreds of horses are thundering across the fields. I am not sure if the AI has changed - I played Montebello and stood with the Polish infantry whilst a Russian regiment marched up, exchanged musket fire, then advanced for a minute of hand-to-hand combat before retiring.  At one point half of the Russians were overlapping  the Poles and were simply firing into empty space.  The effect of the musket flashes, the sky lit up with red and the number of men involved was splendid.  I am not sure how accurate were the tactics of this little encounter  but I will have to start playing HistWar all over again to see how it handles various situations on the battlefield.

Fine work, JMM and I eagerly await the next full version.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #2 le: 02 juillet 2013, 00:11:15 am »
Very happy for you Uxbridge

Eylau battle coming along fine and saving game and exiting I get this screen
should it say 'game saved successfully' since I have not 'retired ' from the game ?
Spinoza

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
Re : Re : Patch 03x(RC1)
« Réponse #3 le: 02 juillet 2013, 00:15:00 am »
Very happy for you Uxbridge

Eylau battle coming along fine and saving game and exiting I get this screen
should it say 'game saved successfully' since I have not 'retired ' from the game ?

other screenshots and some questions to JMM   :D
Spinoza

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
Re : Re : Re : Patch 03x(RC1)
« Réponse #4 le: 02 juillet 2013, 00:34:38 am »
other screenshots and some questions to JMM   :D

pic 6 'skirmish' order only for screen in front of march/movement ? can you work out an order to 'skirmish' by regiment
          to use for 'pinning '/combat ?
pic 5 'erreur message 5' not sure if relating to order of march not being carried out (Davout)
pic 4  Sometime ago a post regarding movement/orders by waypoint  each waypoint along a timeline
           of course would be ideal
pic 1  3d rendering  of forested area appears to be 'blocky'  (could be my video card)
pic 2 and 3  some high res reflection of the marsh edges and water only when panning camera

I looked at F4 and  ...very nice suprise :D  thanks for the changes as well as the ones to follow 'wink, wink'

best regards
zu

I'm very rusty at the playing game however I would add that once orders were set
most of the corps receiving the orders responded as ordered and also new orders were
all carried off well, and the action as Uxbridge points out is very good indeed.
Spinoza

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #5 le: 05 juillet 2013, 09:16:05 am »
Some coments and suggestions for the new patch

Great to see the fighting (fire and grey lines) in F4 view. It would be perfect if you please make it more visible ( similar to F2 view). These flames are really small.
In F4 (in block view) it is very hard to say what is infantry and what cavalary. Can you please make the symbols (one diagonal for cavalary and cross for infantry) on top of the box more visible (Colour black instead of grey for example) or different box forms.

Great improvement to grafic in F3
A few things: the meshes and bushes (along the small river in Borodino for example) are all gone. Can we get it back?
Can we get some grass like in the madrussian terrain mod. The mod doesn't work anymore.

Alt-Tab out of the game doesn't work anymore.

With new Nvidia-Cards on laptops and power-saving-function you may have to assign the game (ldgn.exe and histwar.exe) to the high performance mode in the Nvidia settings. This helped me.
« Modifié: 07 juillet 2013, 17:21:09 pm par oho »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #6 le: 09 juillet 2013, 22:25:12 pm »
Found it not possible to select "SPAIN" in the OOB editor with this 03xRC1 version ????.

I UN-installed, and re-installed the mods, but still SPAIN can not be selected.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
« Réponse #7 le: 10 juillet 2013, 04:03:59 am »
Please JMM

I wonder if some things were locked out from this new patch too.
It would be great to know in advance so as to stop the 'error' or 'glitch' or 'bug'
that must be coming in to your attention. If some things are locked out could we have
a list?  I'm glad to be testing the game engine; perhaps the "Histwar Clubs' are best suited
for this task...just an idea. We know that the engine is best suited for player vs player
regardless of the 'bugs' as they get taken care of.

For this version of 'Histwar I'  I would like to see a reargard/pin command with skirmishers
skirmishers do their duty already to shield infantry advancing in formation for  shock/melee
perhaps this can be done already by manipulating Doctrine Editor, maybe someone can
shed some light into this.

cheers
Spinoza

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Patch 03x(RC1)
« Réponse #8 le: 10 juillet 2013, 20:08:13 pm »
Please JMM

I wonder if some things were locked out from this new patch too.
It would be great to know in advance so as to stop the 'error' or 'glitch' or 'bug'
that must be coming in to your attention. If some things are locked out could we have
a list?  I'm glad to be testing the game engine; perhaps the "Histwar Clubs' are best suited
for this task...just an idea. We know that the engine is best suited for player vs player
regardless of the 'bugs' as they get taken care of.

For this version of 'Histwar I'  I would like to see a reargard/pin command with skirmishers
skirmishers do their duty already to shield infantry advancing in formation for  shock/melee
perhaps this can be done already by manipulating Doctrine Editor, maybe someone can
shed some light into this.

cheers
Bonjour JMM,

I agree with Msr. zu Pferd  :smile: .... also, it appears to me that 1/2 the number of 3D figure casualties in the current beta release would probably be the best ;) .... the number of current 3D figure casualties is ENORMOUS and probably shows an inaccurate picture in comparison to various Regiment Status casualty indicators (especially in 1:10 figure scale) .... :shock:

Also, MORE 3D SKIRMISHERS are definitely needed .... 8)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 10 juillet 2013, 20:17:50 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne bloody bill

• Adjudant
« Réponse #9 le: 19 juillet 2013, 17:58:18 pm »
I am really enjoying the new looks of the game.  With the latest patch it is looking wonderful and cannot wait for the full release.  I had a few questions on the patch and 3d combat animations.

1.  The flickering atmosphere I was just told is already being addressed.
2.  On multiple battles I have had entire corps not respond for the entire battle.  Or only one units will respond to the order.
3.  When giving a corps a defensive line to set up on I have had them deploy not facing the enemy.  They fight but looks bad.
3. I have seen fire fights with some shooting than one side simply dies and all fall over the other side losses two or three men.
4.  I also had in a fire fight the attacker moved up then through the enemy unit about 20 yard behind them.  They both stood there backs facing eachother and shot it out.  Than one side all died and the other captured the area.
5.  Will terrain come in to play more as I have noticed woods do not slow units.  I have seen a lot of very fast massive cavalry battles in the dead center of the woods.

I hope this is taken as not complaining but helpful as that is what it is meant for.  I really enjoy the game and would be happy to make video proof of any of these issues.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #10 le: 19 juillet 2013, 18:11:23 pm »
I agree with all the comments made by Bloody Bill about the AI and how combat is shown in the 3D view. HistWar has been on sale for three years. Some of these points have been made a long time ago - I do hope the next version will display more accurately the assumptions and calculations of the AI.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #11 le: 19 juillet 2013, 18:39:13 pm »
Hello BB, 2. when corps do this it sometimes helps to look at the corp commander, sometimes they can get 'stuck' and hold up corps, we have found 9 out of 10 times, moving the cc will enable the corp to move, why I don't know, but worth a try, an individual move order for the cc or the unit that he may be 'stuck' on...
3. and 4. We have noticed these types of things and have assumed it is just the way it is? I assumed it is the corp ai adapting to terrain features, ie, some times you get units deployed far ahead of the line presumably taking advantage of a better position maybe.
5. Do you play in accelerated speed like us? We have questioned this and wonder if it is the accelerated speed that makes it seem so, I personally think terrain does affect movement, but only JMM can confirm?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #12 le: 19 juillet 2013, 19:05:27 pm »
Unit Speed and Terrain...

Here the code:
switch (etatM.objt)
   {
   case LEMARAIS:      modul= 0.5f;   break;
   case LESARBRES:   modul= 0.9f;   break;
   case TOURNESOL:   modul= 0.6f;   break;
   case LESPLANTS:   if (P_SAISON < 0x20) modul= 0.8f;
                     else                  modul= 1.0f;   break;   //Printemps | été
   default:            modul= 1.0f;
   }

In Natural language: Nominal speed= V
Marsh : V * 0.5
Forest: V * 0.9
Vineyard: V*0.6
Plant: V*0.8 (only spring-summer)

Speed is modified by the meteorology...
For rain and snow, the speed varies with the number of accesses of each zone (100 * 100 meters)

Formation of infantry unit and cavalry type are also used for calculation.. and fatigue...

That said, sometimes during the attack of units (ie Cav vs Cav), these factors aren't used...

Do you get this problem with the 03x ?
If yes, I am very interested by the file .sav about these battles.
Please, could you send me to technique@histwargames.com
I am working on the final release of 03x... and I would like to furnish a fine version.

After that, I am going to work on the version 04... to have a fine behaviour for all scales (1/1, 1/2, 1/6)
For that, I have to rewrite a big part of engine managing the 3D models...
The new procedures will be very different and I think several problems of bad displays will be fixed...
That said, all calculation in the internal engine seem right... but 3D must be very fine also...

JMM

Hors ligne bloody bill

• Adjudant
« Réponse #13 le: 19 juillet 2013, 19:29:13 pm »
@JMM, I will fight the battle of Borodino today.  I usually play in a slower speed.  Borodino takes me about 2 hours to play.  Ill send the replay of it as the problems I am getting seem to happen in 90% of the battles.  I will also try to point out certain issues when noticed so they can be looked for.  Thanks for the fast reply.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #14 le: 19 juillet 2013, 20:26:57 pm »
In Natural language: Nominal speed= V
Marsh : V * 0.5
Forest: V * 0.9
Vineyard: V*0.6
Plant: V*0.8 (only spring-summer)

Thanks for posting these figures.

May I ask a question : Why is movement though FOREST 90% of normal movement ?, should it not be more like 50% ?.......formed troops moving though forest would not move at 90% (almost the same) speed as over open fields, would they ?.

I have always thought BAD ground conditions had not enough effect in HW, now I see why, with these interesting figures. 
Also, 50% normal movement through a marsh ?......I would have thought nearer 10-20% if at all !.  Cannons would not move though a marsh at all, would they ?.