Auteur Sujet: Patch 03x (RC1)  (Lu 19671 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Patch 03x (RC1)
« le: 30 juin 2013, 15:06:02 pm »
Hi all,

You can find the last patch on HistWar...
http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=224

Needs the version 03c (all previous patches here)
http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=202

It's a Release Candidate...

You can save your present version by copying the present folder in a new one.
Install the patch 03x (RC1) (don't change the folder)
The icons run the new version programs..
For playing the old version (03c), you have to enter into the copy folder...

Enjoy...

JMM

PS : list of improvements in preparation...

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Patch 03x (RC1)
« Réponse #1 le: 30 juin 2013, 16:54:20 pm »
Thank JMM. ;)
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 30 juin 2013, 23:07:40 pm »
thanks. Are there graphical improvements?

Hors ligne bobbysocks

• Caporal
« Réponse #3 le: 02 juillet 2013, 11:36:41 am »
Love the smoke on the field! AI seems to be handle itself ok, even more aggressive. However I am losing artillery faster than before, and I have a sense that the artillery is deployed a bit too far forward/not retreating when attacked. Anyone else experience this? Is this due to a more agressive AI or does the deployment need to be fixed?
The 1/2 scale is more lagging now than before (maybe due to the graphical improvements?) so I play in 1/10 scale instead. Can the /2 scale be optimized in any way without removing the graphical improvements?
Apart from that, a very engrossing and fun game to play:) Imo the best Napoleonic game ever made.

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : Patch 03x (RC1)
« Réponse #4 le: 02 juillet 2013, 11:46:32 am »
Love the smoke on the field!

Yes,i agree,it is fantastic.

AI more aggressive,perhaps,or difensive line less strong then before or AI more aggressive.I do not know.
We have to investigate,it is not easy to understand.
Hello

Hors ligne MarshalJean

• Capitaine
« Réponse #5 le: 02 juillet 2013, 19:35:43 pm »
Thank you, JMM.  The improved graphics are excellent!

MarshalJean
MarshalJean

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #6 le: 02 juillet 2013, 20:14:51 pm »
Bonjour JMM,

The latest Release Candidate is running good on my very old PC .... it even works OK with the Spanish Mod and the Waterloo Mod installed ....

GOOD THINGS SO FAR:
1. 3D view has a new carpet for the ground, new trees, new sky and new buildings .... :)
2. More animation for F4 view .... this is good because I PREFER to plan, execute and observe my battles from F4 view (F2 view does not have zoom-in, F3 view does not allow sufficient observation altitude - only good for making youtube movies) .... :)
3. More casualties than before .... hopefully, in 1:10 scale, the casualties are accurate .... :|

NOT-SO-GOOD THINGS SO FAR:
1. New buildings seem to have more fuzziness to them .... do not look as real .... overall visual impression is less realistic .... :|
2. Cannot make the F4 camera go LOW ENOUGH to see details of terrain .... F4 camera view needs to go LOWER to have more utility and benefit to gameplay ....

Note: I suggest MORE coding emphasis on the F4 view (with a lower camera view), because this will facilitate better battlefield planning, control and understanding by the casual player .... also because F2 & F4 game views are 2 features that NO OTHER similar wargame has ever had (i.e. Total War, Combat Mission, Take Command, SOW-Gettysburg, etc.) .... as such, it is a good SELLING POINT for HistWar (or "gimmick" as characterized in the old days) which clearly makes HistWar stand out from all the other competitors, and it should be taken advantage of .... 8)

3. English Menu, Setup and Interne Text Messages are still very rough and could use some more precise translating to give the casual player a better experience on setting up, observing and understanding battlefield events .... :|
4. Gamma settings for F3 & F4 are still too dark .... I still have to use a seperate gamma application, Gamma Panel 1.0.0.0, to get the desired lighting effect .... :|
5. There is a lot of mist or smoke everywhere (i.e. not over the main battlelines) .... not quite sure what that is about .... is it some kind of special weather phenomenon? .... :?

Finally, a few questions .... What is the purpose of patch 03x-i? .... Is it to be applied to the recent Release Candidate (lgdn.exe ver 2.3xI)? .... Will it cause side effects to the Spanish and Waterloo Mods (which are running OK with Release Candidate 2.3xI) .... :?

I don't understand the need for a patch so soon after the publication of Release Candidate 2.3xI .... :?

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 03 juillet 2013, 16:11:16 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne DominiqueT

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
    • Les Monuments de l'Empire
Re : Re : Patch 03x (RC1)
« Réponse #7 le: 03 juillet 2013, 09:50:22 am »
4. Gamma settings for F3 & F4 are still too dark .... I still have to use a seperate gamma application, Gamma Panel 1.0.0.0, to get the desired lighting effect .... :|

So do I. At some time in the development, there has been a tool to adapt this in the game, if I am right, but it has gone now.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #8 le: 03 juillet 2013, 16:12:55 pm »
4. Gamma settings for F3 & F4 are still too dark
Same here, it would look a lot better with a little lighter shade, but maybe not too much !!!.

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #9 le: 03 juillet 2013, 19:52:43 pm »
Hello JMM, have you done something to reduce the amount of prisoners being taken?
I would like to see something in between what we had originally and what we have now...
Replay file attached, bulk of Russian forces surround, prisoners taken and then all them returned to leaving the field.
The replay file will show that there should have been some prisoners?

http://napbc.freeforums.org/download/file.php?id=5652

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #10 le: 03 juillet 2013, 20:29:22 pm »
Hello all,

I am going to work to fix the different feedbacks...
a) about the prisoners
b) about an icon for increasing the light
c) "English Menu, Setup and Interne Text Messages are still very rough".. could you improve the translation ? I can't do it...
d) and perhaps some other things

JMM

PS : for the beta test team : the last patch 3x-i is like 03x(RC1).. Please, keep the two versions and don't mix them...

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #11 le: 03 juillet 2013, 21:32:44 pm »
Nice graphical improvments.
One major issue: In PF4 view on many scenarios I only see a few of the units.
Save file attached - I renamed sav into txt to upload the file. On all other view (Fw, F3) I see all units of my side. I set view to unlimited in options,,,
The settings were not saved. Problem solved with F4 view.
« Modifié: 04 juillet 2013, 22:29:22 pm par oho »

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #12 le: 05 juillet 2013, 15:31:15 pm »
I notice that a INF that enter in a village disappears and It reappears when comes out.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
« Réponse #13 le: 05 juillet 2013, 15:35:24 pm »
Could you send me the file .sav about this issue...
THX..

JMM (technique@histwar.com)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #14 le: 05 juillet 2013, 15:39:06 pm »
Sorry i had deleted the file.
I have only pics.

But i can retry again with another map.