Auteur Sujet: Grid For Terrain  (Lu 6757 fois)

Gunny Bunny

• Invité
Grid For Terrain
« le: 16 janvier 2004, 10:11:58 am »
It is difficult to understand the game and it's full potential from the single pics, but on the flat 2D maps, I would suggest allowing elevation to be seen.

When in 3D mode, a grid graphic that covers the field would easily allow the user to determine elevation at a glance.  This enhances the game for the end user.

Thank you :)

GB

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #1 le: 16 janvier 2004, 10:45:44 am »
Sir GB  8)

I believe you can see there are some Forum on this WebSite...
One of them is an English Forum.. So, use it :!:

It is difficult to understand the game and it's full potential from the single pics, but on the flat 2D maps, I would suggest allowing elevation to be seen.

Maybe the differences of colors aren't important.. but there are 6 levels.. each 50 meters... And the height under the cursor is written

When in 3D mode, a grid graphic that covers the field would easily allow the user to determine elevation at a glance. This enhances the game for the end user.

In the 3D mode, there is a special display to show the contour lines... (each 50 meters...)

Is it clear :wink:  :?:
JMM

Gunny Bunny

• Invité
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #2 le: 16 janvier 2004, 12:14:51 pm »
I cannot say it is clear.  The idea of the cursor reflecting the contour of the map is an interesting concept, however, I think it would be more reasonable to follow my suggestions of allowing visual height changes.  To keep moving the cursor all over the map to see the height is to time consuming and laborious.

Thank you !

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #3 le: 16 janvier 2004, 12:44:23 pm »
Some screenshots

JMM

Hors ligne Le Tondu

• Officier HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Capitaine
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #4 le: 16 janvier 2004, 18:38:38 pm »
I continue to be impressed

JMM, you have really been working hard on this project.

I sure hope the next few months go by fast.  :)
Vive l'Empereur!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #5 le: 16 janvier 2004, 20:55:23 pm »
Yep Rick..

I believe there is a HUGE teop from LGAA to Les Grognards

JMM

Gunny Bunny

• Invité
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #6 le: 17 janvier 2004, 18:56:17 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for the new terrain pics.  You may wish to add them to your "Screenshots Page" with a caption under them.

It is difficult at this point to know exactly how the game works, but it certainly looks like it has the potential to win the "Wargamer Of The Year" award, depending on the AI and how it plays.

At what level can the enduser control the deployment and movement of the troopers ?  One column or a square or does it go by number of men in the section ?

Are u 'JMM' the only programmer working on this game ?

Perhaps, if you make money on the first version you could hire some employees to help u :)

Take care,

GB

Bil

• Invité
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #7 le: 20 janvier 2004, 20:06:06 pm »
JMM, I love the contour level shots, I can't wait to see this game in action.  I think the ground texture gives you a good appreciation for the lay of the land as is.

Keep up the good work.

Bil

first post

• Invité
Grid For Terrain
« Réponse #8 le: 22 janvier 2004, 18:33:28 pm »
Just found out about this game,, wow,, sure looks great!!  Superb graphics.. My french is not good altho i used to live in France.. near Toul.  I graduated from High School their..

anvil