Auteur Sujet: Histwar and earlier than Napoleonic battles  (Lu 2938 fois)

Hors ligne antiochus

• Adjudant
Histwar and earlier than Napoleonic battles
« le: 03 septembre 2012, 15:51:47 pm »
 I cannot remeber if this has been asked or not and my search did not bring up anything.

Is Histwar setup to be able to do a Fontenoy or earlier battle? I realize that in the War of the Spanisn Succession battles were a bit more stylized and there was some use of pikes still. But I am dying to play a computer game with some scenarios of De Saxe's battles.

For that matter how about Solferino or Magenta?

Hors ligne Gunfreak

• Capitaine
Re : Histwar and earlier than Napoleonic battles
« Réponse #1 le: 03 septembre 2012, 18:37:44 pm »
When the game first came out there was talk about WSS and 7YW mods, but then modding kinda died out, we never got that far.

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : Histwar and earlier than Napoleonic battles
« Réponse #2 le: 03 septembre 2012, 19:15:47 pm »
Ave Antiochus,

When I began to post on this forum, it was one of my first questions ( june/july 2011 ) as I always dreamed to find the "Laces Wars" uniforms and the colorful 1750's  Lines and Flags, on the computer ..... :roll:

I'd no idea of how difficult it was to change the 3D designs being acustomed to modify 2D ... If you don't know , watch Glaude's messages and links ( same period ) by searching tool up.

As an old wargamer, I know that this era was also almost ignored  by boardgamers _ and by miniatures players until some splendid 28mm appeared in the last years .....even the AWI  and Revolutionary wars are scarcely represented today...

So, I hope you'll be more successful and attract the audience from the English speaking community, maybe find somebody able to "mod"  the Tricorn or the British Grenadiers ( band playing )....I think you'ld discard  the pike _because it changes also the way to move and fight_ but Fontenoy is probably an excellent choice to begin  :p

Anyway, I'll support you and wish you find enough enthusiasts to create a lobby here and there,  Good Luck and Bon Courage  ;)
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul