Auteur Sujet: Scale of troops (1-1, 1-2 and 1-10)  (Lu 1978 fois)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Scale of troops (1-1, 1-2 and 1-10)
« le: 18 novembre 2013, 15:32:31 pm »
I assume that the models are BIGGER in 1-10 scale than in 1-2 and 1-1 scale, if that is wrong, why do the men appear to be larger in 1-10 scale ?.

I keep thinking 1-2 and 1-1 scale should be better, but, for some reason 1-10 scale LOOKS better to me because I can get "closer" to the men and they look bigger.

What would happen (if technically possible) if all the models were all the same size in all three different scales ?. 
Or are they already ?......and I've gone barking mad !!!!.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Scale of troops (1-1, 1-2 and 1-10)
« Réponse #1 le: 19 novembre 2013, 20:21:47 pm »
I assume that the models are BIGGER in 1-10 scale than in 1-2 and 1-1 scale, if that is wrong, why do the men appear to be larger in 1-10 scale ?.

I keep thinking 1-2 and 1-1 scale should be better, but, for some reason 1-10 scale LOOKS better to me because I can get "closer" to the men and they look bigger.

What would happen (if technically possible) if all the models were all the same size in all three different scales ?. 
Or are they already ?......and I've gone barking mad !!!!.

Bonjour Officier Gunner24,

No, you are not barking mad  ;) .... the size of the soldats in 1:10 scale IS larger than the other 2 scales .... by about 33%-45% more .... not sure why  :? .... I quit using any other scale, except 1:10, soon after the size options became available in the o3c-RC1 patch because the size of the 1:1 and 1:2 figures was clearly disproportionate, to the gamer's eye, to the size of the flora and building constructs in the game (which are clearly fixed 1:10 scale constructs)  :| .... in fact, I even posted in another similar topic about this same issue last year (involving a tree that made nearby 1:2 scale soldats look smaller than nearby 1:10 scale soldats) ....  here is the link: http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,6799.0.html 8)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 19 novembre 2013, 20:49:02 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Scale of troops (1-1, 1-2 and 1-10)
« Réponse #2 le: 20 novembre 2013, 13:32:58 pm »
Thanks, your information confirms what I thought, perhaps we will find out more after HW|N arrives.........I will stay on 1-10 scale for now.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : Scale of troops (1-1, 1-2 and 1-10)
« Réponse #3 le: 20 novembre 2013, 18:57:31 pm »
Thanks, your information confirms what I thought, perhaps we will find out more after HW|N arrives.........I will stay on 1-10 scale for now.

Bonjour Officier Gunner24,

I agree  :) .... I expect that the solution to this problem of optional Scale sizes for HW|LG (i.e. 15mm, 25 mm, etc.) may involve the graphical coding of 3 different constructs of flora and buildings for each scale (which would be a very sizeable patch)  :shock: .... or some other method of which I am not aware (perhaps the elimination of optional scale sizes in preference to a single scale of 1:1, as suggested by the HW|N screen shots previously released in the Les Grenadiers des HistWar sub-forum last month  ;) ) ..... that said, I'm sure the final answer will reveal itself upon the release of HW|N .... and also, check out JMM's blog for this month for more in-game screen shots (the scale appears to be 1:1 for all soldats and constructs)  ;)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 20 novembre 2013, 19:14:43 pm par Duke of Earl »