Auteur Sujet: Demo  (Lu 5542 fois)

Hors ligne Aberdonian

• Caporal
Demo
« le: 08 janvier 2004, 18:05:05 pm »
JMM,

Happy New Year!

Would it be possible to provide an English translation for the Demo thread in the French forum, please?  :D

The discussion looks interesting but I can understand only a few words and phrases.  :oops:

Thanks

Aberdonian

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
Demo
« Réponse #1 le: 08 janvier 2004, 18:18:48 pm »
Hello Aberdonian,

Try this link:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.histwar.com%2Fforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D704&lp=fren&intl=1&tlb=1

I'm not sure the link will work for you but it's worth a try.

It's a translation made with altavistas bablefish. I hope the translation make any sence to you.  8)

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Demo
« Réponse #2 le: 08 janvier 2004, 18:43:02 pm »
Bonsoir Everybody..

Happy years Aberdonian...

Good idea Lars.. However, if all isn't clear, I can try to translate the ambiguous sentences.. (I hope my translation is beter than the automatical one.. but no very sure  :lol: )

I am waiting for your question...

Cordialement (= Best Regards)
JMM

Hors ligne Aberdonian

• Caporal
Demo
« Réponse #3 le: 08 janvier 2004, 23:49:44 pm »
JMM / Lars,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I got the translation from your link, Lars - all understood now.  :D
Looking forward to the finished product!

Kind Regards

Aberdonian

Hors ligne Frédéric Walther

• Officier Commander of the Gods
  • Chef de Bataillon
Demo
« Réponse #4 le: 09 janvier 2004, 15:29:59 pm »
You will find following the translation of "Demo" (The essential part). Well JMM it was 80% done when you told me it was certainly not necessary.  :silly:
My work is no trifling man ! :sniper:

bert
Invité

bonjour,

Will we benefit from release of Grognards' demo this month ? Or would it be (far) latter ?
-------------------------------------

JMM
HW Designer

Bonsoir,

Not this month... for sure !

When I told you all Les grognards will be available by the end of this year, I was confident... We are end 2003 and nothing happened...demo amounts to the

same thing. Consequently, to give a precise date of release would be useless, and could lead to frustration...

However you mustn't assume our activity is decressing... by far not !

Focus on situation:

a) Map editor is operationnal! You'll be able to edit maps sized from 6*4.5 to 30*22.5 km... thus within a few minutes ! This tool is easy going according

to testers...

b) Editor for orders of battle is done as well. Last weeks were a great contribution for its improvement. Associated with a wide database, it will makes you

able to settle your own armies... each side being composed with 35 000 up to 200 000 men. Starting uneasy to operate, it has become -to my point of view-

easily manageable. Special thanks to test team as part of this tool's improvement. The OdB's editor creates automatically armies historically accurate as

well as in balance for both sides...

c) 3D soldiers are created and animated. The whole must know be integrated to software...

d) The "engine" must still be tested... We're in the "dark" here ! At present I'm not able to state if 3 or 6 weeks will be necessary. It has already be

tested from mars to may 2003... meanwhile some events conducted me to an other strategy, going from sprites to 3D animations! so it requires an absolute

rigour in positionning... consequent engine accuracy must be perfect !

e) Network gaming is operationnal... user's interface is finalized...

f) Music and voices -partly- are already recorded... Sound databases must now be constructed...

Those are the main points...

My objective is to go for a fully finished product. Patchs must be considerate for untested configs, I hope not for the engine itself. Until now, no problem has arisen with test team's configs.

OdB editor will be available 3 weeks before demo release... (Translator note : A kind of DDay-21, D for Demo)
Comte de l'Empire;Général de division Colonel majors des grenadiers à cheval de la Garde; Grand Aigle de la Légion d'honneur

Hors ligne Frédéric Walther

• Officier Commander of the Gods
  • Chef de Bataillon
Demo
« Réponse #5 le: 09 janvier 2004, 15:35:08 pm »
For c) please read : The whole must now be integrated to software...

The cuts in middle of sentence are consequence of copy-paste from note pad. Sorry about it ...
Comte de l'Empire;Général de division Colonel majors des grenadiers à cheval de la Garde; Grand Aigle de la Légion d'honneur