Auteur Sujet: Other armies of napoleonic era ?  (Lu 6739 fois)

Hors ligne Tirailleur

• Lieutenant
Other armies of napoleonic era ?
« le: 03 janvier 2004, 19:57:47 pm »
Hello JMM,

i know that "Les grognards de Napoleon" will be a game to replay or build own battles from 1805-15 between France and Austria/Russia.  :!:  :!:  :!:

But, will there be some time the possibility to build armies from other nations (with their leaders) of the napoleonic era: for example England, Ottoman, Spain, (Prussia - o.k. in HistWar 1806) ?
And will it then be possible to switch between allied with France or the others ?

I mean, will there be addons for this game or will there be complete new games in the future, where the other nations get a role ?

/Marco

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re: Other armies of napoleonic era ?
« Réponse #1 le: 03 janvier 2004, 20:59:46 pm »
Hi Marco,

i know that "Les grognards de Napoleon" will be a game to replay or build own battles from 1805-15 between France and Austria/Russia.  :!:  :!:  :!:

YEP :wink:

But, will there be some time the possibility to build armies from other nations (with their leaders) of the napoleonic era: for example England, Ottoman, Spain, (Prussia - o.k. in HistWar 1806) ?
And will it then be possible to switch between allied with France or the others ?

Les Grognards is coming up with a lot of "countries":

Sweden, Danemark, Hanover, Wesphalia, Grand Duchy of Berg, Nassau, Hesse, Wurtemberg, Baden, Helevtic Republic, Bavaria, Saxe, Poland, Naples...

So, you can build your armies with many countries...

Other countries will be introduced after 1806!.. At the end, all nations will be in HistWar.. with a 'diplomatic' level 8)

I mean, will there be addons for this game or will there be complete new games in the future, where the other nations get a role ?

I can't answer today.. maybe the main countries will be add to Les Grognards...

@bientôt
JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #2 le: 03 janvier 2004, 22:19:42 pm »
Bonsoir,

I vote for an add-on (not that I have a vote).

I can wait for the Prussians till after "Histwar 1806" but with the current plans (I believe)  Britain will be to far away before they can be added.

First ..1806 must be released then ..1807? and then ..1808? (the Peninsular campaign with the Brits?)

So if it can be an add-on for Les Grognards with the Prussians and the Brits some time 2005 it would be much appreciated. Until then it can't be no battle of Waterloo in Les Grognards and I'm longing for kicking Wellington's ass.  :wink:

The strategic level game can wait a little bit longer I think.

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Tirailleur

• Lieutenant
Can't wait for HistWar 1806
« Réponse #3 le: 04 janvier 2004, 11:59:01 am »
Excuse Lars,  8O

The strategic level game can wait a little bit longer I think

I have to contradict a little bit, 'cause I can't wait for HistWar 1806.

Not only 'cause of the prussians, but also that HistWar will be a strategic level game. The possibility to plan your campaign from the beginning to the end, to react to unforeseen events, all the details JMM will integrate in this game - that sounds very, very good.  :D

I hope HistWar 1807, 1808,... will be in the same way !!!

That's how Napoleon must have felt while his campaigns.

/Marco

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #4 le: 04 janvier 2004, 12:46:19 pm »
A clarification dear Tirailleur,

I didn't mean that Histwar 1806 could wait. It should be released as planned i.e. late 2004 if all goes well.  :D

Histwar 1806 is more like an operational level game handling only the 1806 campaign and is not fully strategic.

The game plan, as I know it, is that this game series will evolve from being a tactical game to an operational and finally a strategic one with diplomacy.

This final strategic game is way off in time perhaps 2010???? (who knows?)
So if that game can be pushed forward, let say 6 months, in favour for an add-on to Les Grognards then let the strategic level game wait an other 6 months.  8)

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #5 le: 04 janvier 2004, 14:03:51 pm »
Bonjour Everybody...

I hope I can finish the serie before 2010 or 2015 8)

just a word about the process...
A wargame is a set of procedures.. GUI + AI (3 for Les Grognards) + Tutorial + Manual + Datas...

To switch from LGAA to Les Grognards, I have to rewrite a lot of these parts... (because LGAA was a 2D game with a 3D layer)
And to get a good 3D game, it's very important to develop an accuracy tool 8).. Like you know, the differences between LGAA and HW are very important.. (I only keep the 2 first layers of AI (regiment and Corps level)), and all other SW are rewrited...

To release HW 1806, I'll have to add a new Operationnel Layer.. and I think I can do that on the next 6 months (after Les Grognards is finished)... HW : Spain needs a Strategical/Diplomacy Layer.. and this part will be a big piece...

To talk about my HW strategy... Tofay, I don't know the succes of this project... For example, if 10 000 games "Les Grognards" will sell for the next months, I quickly can make an add-on with English soldiers... If only 1000 games will sell, I think the best thing is to continue to work around HW 1806...  

So, I don't want to talk about this subject because I haven't any data...

A bientôt
JMM

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #6 le: 04 janvier 2004, 14:27:52 pm »
To talk about my HW strategy... Tofay, I don't know the succes of this project... For example, if 10 000 games "Les Grognards" will sell for the next months, I quickly can make an add-on with English soldiers... If only 1000 games will sell, I think the best thing is to continue to work around HW 1806...

So, I don't want to talk about this subject because I haven't any data...

Fair enough...

May I be bold enough to ask how many copies of LGAA that was sold?

/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne Tirailleur

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #7 le: 04 janvier 2004, 15:44:26 pm »
Sorry Link,  :oops:

I didn't mean that Histwar 1806 could wait.

a little misunderstanding !!!

/Marco

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
« Réponse #8 le: 04 janvier 2004, 15:50:40 pm »
No problem Tirailleur.  :wink:

/Lars L.
Lars L.