Auteur Sujet: Scale.  (Lu 12126 fois)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Scale.
« le: 01 avril 2012, 12:49:02 pm »
Anybody know why in last patches, figures in 1/2 scale have smaller size than in 03b patches?

I think we need scale 1/5 with figure size like in 1/10, it would be looks much more better than 1/2 and 1/1 now.
« Modifié: 01 avril 2012, 13:11:58 pm par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
Re : Scale.
« Réponse #1 le: 01 avril 2012, 13:39:35 pm »
Hi Jacquinot.
Good to see you in this forum after long time.

I do not know,i play only with scale 1/10 because i have old computer.

Hello
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #2 le: 01 avril 2012, 14:17:52 pm »
Now i play only with 1/10 too, because 1/2 and 1/1 looks not much good.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Réponse #3 le: 01 avril 2012, 16:51:14 pm »
Nice to see you back Colonel !!!  :D
We are waiting for you in the HistWar Multiplayer League....... ;)
« Modifié: 02 avril 2012, 10:14:08 am par Bruguière »

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 01 avril 2012, 16:56:26 pm »
Hello Jacquinot,

Nice to see you again  :p

I'd few opportunities to try 1/1 on my home computer but it was fine, specially with limited OOB and in f3......my only quibble was about some disproportions of sparse trees looking gigantic when trees in woods were correctly sized.
(I'd not yet used the last patch...)
I guess 1/1 is better suited to maps of plains and rolling hills, with some woods etc...as background and large bare areas in the middle.....

Hope to be back home  within a week and play more ( with your special Borodino buildings  :?: ) to try   ;)
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #5 le: 01 avril 2012, 22:11:39 pm »
Anybody know why in last patches, figures in 1/2 scale have smaller size than in 03b patches?

I think we need scale 1/5 with figure size like in 1/10, it would be looks much more better than 1/2 and 1/1 now.

Bonjour ou Bonsoir Mssrs.,

I agree with this proposition .... I have been using the 03C RC-3 patch since it was released .... after some simple testing from the Options section of the Main Menu, I observed that the 1:1 and 1:2 scales prevent me from seeing the really great uniform details of the figures (whereas, the 1:10 scale allows me to do this) .... either the figures are smaller or the F3 camera view is set higher up , I don't know which ..... and more, the single-standing trees, hamlet, village and town buildings all appear too large as well (1:1 and 1:2 scales) ....

I must say that I do marvel at the multitude of figures presented in the 1:1 and 1:2 scales .... it does a really good job to present the historic size of Napoleonic Armies and illustrates the intricate field manuevers of the Regiments with a precision not seen before ....

However,  maybe a compromise scale of 1:5 would work better and put everything back into balance .... so, I agree with Msr.  Jacquinot's proposal ....

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 01 avril 2012, 22:22:20 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Scale.
« Réponse #6 le: 02 avril 2012, 09:06:11 am »
Nice to see you back Colone !!!  :D
We are waiting for you in the HistWar Multiplayer League....... ;)

Why not, the game with last patch works very good, the cavalry action very well and good controled, i test Borodino battle with last patch and all works fine. I think main problem now in graphic, especialy i hate white horse bug!

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #7 le: 02 avril 2012, 16:02:47 pm »
I must say that I do marvel at the multitude of figures presented in the 1:1 and 1:2 scales .... it does a really good job to present the historic size of Napoleonic Armies and illustrates the intricate field manuevers of the Regiments with a precision not seen before ....
However,  maybe a compromise scale of 1:5 would work better and put everything back into balance .... so, I agree with Msr.  Jacquinot's proposal ....

I agree with this part of your posting : the 1:1 (or 1:2 ) are really a step forward  :!:
Moving to lower ratio may give some good effects but will move back the good work done by JMM......and it 'll probably not solve all problems of scaling ( remember how it was before...) and I doubt that a 120 men will be really better looking  than a 60  ?  :shock:
So, I think we'ld encourage one step forward to scaling down what elements of scenery which are out of proportion instead of scaling down the ratio of figures.... :roll:
Now, I must confess I'm not a programer and I don't know which one is easier....I just know that I enjoy watching realistic masses of cavalry or large batallions , even if I use smaller OOB and cheat with scenery display  :!:
What is well is the ability to try various size to find the one you'll really enjoy to play with   :p
Good games and good Dices  ;)
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #8 le: 02 avril 2012, 18:58:28 pm »
and I doubt that a 120 men will be really better looking  than a 60  ?  :shock:
So

Of course it will be looks better because artillery scale always 1/1, main problem in 1/10 scale that artillery much more than other troops! If scale will be 1/5 and artillery scale will be 1/1 or 1/2 all be looks fine!

I think 1/1 scale not necessary because it is game but not "War and Peace" movie, 1/2 good scale but i want size of figures which was in 03b patches.
« Modifié: 02 avril 2012, 19:00:38 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
« Réponse #9 le: 03 avril 2012, 00:45:45 am »
Bonjour ou Bonsoir Mssrs.,

Here is a visual comparison between the rendering of 1:10 figures and 1:2 figures, with a tree nearby also for some more scale comparison .... all figures are of the same Regiment located on the same spot in a rather large "Vitoria" scenario (game paused) .... for some reason, the Graphic Engine slightly relocated this Regiment in terms of its position near the tree for the 1:2 screenshot such that a slightly modified camera angle was required (see compass) ....

In both screenshots, the F3 camera is positioned at its lowest possible distance above the ground and the reference object .... very easy to duplicate .... :)

Another concern of mine is that the visual motion (or framerate) of the Regiments (and F3 camera) in the 1:2 scale always appears to be 'choppy' or 'arrhythmic' and reminds me of the hand-cranked 'kinetiscopes' from the old nickel arcades at the beginning of the 20th century .... of course, this is probably linked to video RAM capabilities of the particular PC platform (I have a huge amount of pagefile space reserved on my HD to support my video RAM).... :|

However, by and large, the visual motion of the Regiments (and F3 camera) in 1:10 scale usually appears more fluid, rhythmic and smooth (probably on all PC Platforms), which is pleasing to the eye ....  So, maybe a 1:5 scale could preserve a fluidic visual motion (or framerate) without drastically sacrificing the appearance of Regimental 'mass'? :?

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 03 avril 2012, 02:52:32 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #10 le: 03 avril 2012, 10:11:57 am »
  So, maybe a 1:5 scale could preserve a fluidic visual motion (or framerate) without drastically sacrificing the appearance of Regimental 'mass'? :?

Im agree!

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #11 le: 03 avril 2012, 14:10:08 pm »
Personally I would prefer to wait, even one more year, until we have a fluid and scaled 1:1 . The 1:1 level is one of the strongest appeal for new players. And this game deserve to become more reknown.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #12 le: 03 avril 2012, 15:08:31 pm »
Personally I would prefer to wait, even one more year, until we have a fluid and scaled 1:1 . The 1:1 level is one of the strongest appeal for new players. And this game deserve to become more reknown.

I think good appeal for new players it is good gameplay and multyplayer.

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #13 le: 03 avril 2012, 15:30:21 pm »
Yes, that's why I said "one of the strongest appeal". For me the gameplay and the multiplayer are already OK.

Hors ligne Bruguière

• Officier HistWar
  • Modérateurs
  • Chef d'Etat-Major
  • Fais ton Devoir
« Réponse #14 le: 03 avril 2012, 16:32:24 pm »
For me the gameplay and the multiplayer are already OK.

I agree with that.... ;)