Auteur Sujet: Question about line of sight  (Lu 3036 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
Question about line of sight
« le: 12 février 2012, 15:44:00 pm »
 I noticed that artillery was firing over a village or over a light woods.
Is the engine calculating elevations so that artillery can't fire over a village or a wood or a hill and this a bug that I should send to support@histwar?

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Question about line of sight
« Réponse #1 le: 12 février 2012, 18:45:03 pm »
I noticed that artillery was firing over a village or over a light woods.
Is the engine calculating elevations so that artillery can't fire over a village or a wood or a hill and this a bug that I should send to support@histwar?

Bonjour ou bonsoir Msr. oho,

I have noticed the same thing in F3 view several times myself (over small hills and light woods) .... probably best to send a bug report (and any Save file) to this email address :  technique@histwargames.com  ....  ;)

Line of sight elevation calculations can be a very complicated thing to model for the engine .... hopefully not in this case .... :)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 12 février 2012, 18:52:06 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : Question about line of sight
« Réponse #2 le: 13 février 2012, 15:27:23 pm »
Line of sight elevation calculations can be a very complicated thing to model for the engine .... hopefully not in this case

I have reported this to JMM in the past, cannons do "appear" to fire though hills in the F4 view, but it is far from clear if they fire through them, or if they are elevated (on an up slope) and have a high firing angle and fire up and over the hill......but it does look like fire though it in many cases.