Auteur Sujet: A few Histwar questions  (Lu 13101 fois)

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
Re : A few Histwar questions
« Réponse #15 le: 28 décembre 2011, 18:24:25 pm »
Wow! the graphics in the first video look enhanced, are there any mods at work there?

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #16 le: 28 décembre 2011, 18:33:10 pm »
Only Jacquinot can answer that. Probably mods madrussianground (or madrussianterrain) and new uniforms (madrussian or JMM new version)

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : A few Histwar questions UPDATE - DEMO LINK IS ACTIVE
« Réponse #17 le: 02 janvier 2012, 01:49:49 am »
Bonjour dandyking,

First question:
From the HistWar : Les Grognards website :

"A demo is available. You can download it :  ftp://histwargames.com/HistWar-Demo-install.exe

Direct download : No password required. If you are asked for one, click «Cancel»".

If further problems, let me know for more analysis of download problem. Demo link  problem is being fixed at server, a little more patience, please ....  I also got same 'white screen' after clicking 'cancel' on 2 password boxes when I tried this link. (both here and at website Demo page) ....

Second question:

DEMO graphics are, imho, very,very good for this DEMO, but remember, dated to release of the DEMO. But, current GAME graphics (latest Patch  v.o3b, if correct) are as up-to-date, realistic and authentic as the dedicated developer (oops! and many beta testers) and many talented modders can make them; and more, graphics are still in evolution.  

GAME: Be prepared to become very immersed, be amazed at the sophisticated in-game IA (AI) that allows you to conduct field /campaign operations from a C-in-C perspective (it easily simulates division, brigade, regiment, company, even peloton! commanders - and some you get to choose!) and visit the official (and unofficial) Depots for patches and mods often.  You will quickly see that HW:LG is very deep (as deep as you want it to be, your choice); CAUTION: The learning curve can be very long (or short) on GUI (depends), but many have successfully made the climb (GUI is functional & designed with player input) .... game manual is very helpful reference and easily available ....  8)

SUPPORT: Imho, some of the BEST and most timely to be found ANYWHERE, even a dedicated off-forum site (REDMINE) for players to report in-game bugs direct to developer; next, this Forum and everyone on it - of which I am immensely proud to play a small part as modérateur; next, several most excellant MP gaming clubs (custom scenarios & campaigns) and Modding groups; last, the HW:LG community members (only about 2,619 of us), most fine fellows (and all good grognards) in my book  .... ;)

I just hope my old PC and OS (XP) can still keep up with all the changes to come ....  :lol:

Cordialement, DoE

DEMO link is now active .... no password  requested ....  :)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 02 janvier 2012, 01:52:08 am par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
« Réponse #18 le: 02 janvier 2012, 02:46:17 am »
Thanks for the update. I am playing the demo and the first thing that frustrates me is the AI of the various units. I know this is not a micromanagement game, but can it be? Is there a way for me to dictate the actions of my subordinate units directly?

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : A few Histwar questions
« Réponse #19 le: 02 janvier 2012, 10:06:36 am »
Wow! the graphics in the first video look enhanced, are there any mods at work there?

In video i use MadRussianGround Lt1 mod, ez3Dunits mod, explosion mod for 03bRc4 patch and my summer trees. Gamma on and scale 1\2.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : A few Histwar questions
« Réponse #20 le: 02 janvier 2012, 13:19:07 pm »
Thanks for the update. I am playing the demo and the first thing that frustrates me is the AI of the various units. I know this is not a micromanagement game, but can it be? Is there a way for me to dictate the actions of my subordinate units directly?

Bonjour dandyking,

Aside from subordinate unit (i.e. Regiment, Battery) detachment orders (in a separate Menu list) .... not very much 'micromanagement' in demo (maybe a 'Scout' order to cavalry unit or "Fire on Zone' order to cannon unit, or so?) ....   :cry:

Demo is meant to demonstrate the 'big picture' (panoramic? - grand tactical?) style of Napoleonic gameplay in the full game (realistic & accurate to the time-frame), which can be frustrating from a 'hands-on-everything-all-the-time' approach (especially when 'Fog of War' is added) .... the AI is sometimes difficult to trust (or understand) ....  :shock:

One must understand .... this is a small development team project of many years.... with assistance of many volunteer beta testers ....  more division and brigade specific orders may be added in future .... when, I don't know yet, still in development I hear ....   :?

For a little more insight on gameplay style, please read these discussion threads:   :idea:

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,5503.0.html

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,6606.0.html ....  :)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 03 janvier 2012, 14:08:25 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne AnkLrd

• Major
« Réponse #21 le: 13 février 2012, 15:49:05 pm »
i wonder if pbem games produce any .sav battle replays in host's Bataille folder like tcp/ip games or not? i cant find it tbh.