Auteur Sujet: A few Histwar questions  (Lu 13102 fois)

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
A few Histwar questions
« le: 26 décembre 2011, 22:49:35 pm »
Hello,
I have been following this game on and off for years and am nearly ready to purchase. My biggest complaint with games from this era is that they fail to capture the scale of the larger battles, the totalwar games are just awful when it comes to historical accuracy which is of principle concern to me. How well does Histwar replicate the Napoleonic experience? How well does the 1/1 ratio work? I cant stand how the total war series considers a battle consisting of 2k troops to be large. 
It looks like there is a great community here with lots of additional content!
Thanks

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
Re : A few Histwar questions
« Réponse #1 le: 26 décembre 2011, 23:09:02 pm »
How well does Histwar replicate the Napoleonic experience?
Easy quick answer - better than any other game ever released.

If you might enjoy MP games, please take a visit over to NBC, we play MP games very regularly.

Welcome to the forum.

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 27 décembre 2011, 00:00:56 am »
better than any other game ever released.
+1. The 1/2 ratio works better for me because of the size of buildings and trees. But you have a very good experience of the vast armies in this time.

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
« Réponse #3 le: 27 décembre 2011, 00:17:08 am »
Thanks for the feedback, anyway to download the demo? The link wont work for me.
Also, how up to date is the demo with the current graphics?
Again, thanks.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : Re : A few Histwar questions
« Réponse #4 le: 27 décembre 2011, 04:01:49 am »
Thanks for the feedback, anyway to download the demo? The link wont work for me.
Also, how up to date is the demo with the current graphics?
Again, thanks.

Bonjour dandyking,

First question:
From the HistWar : Les Grognards website :

"A demo is available. You can download it :  ftp://histwargames.com/HistWar-Demo-install.exe

Direct download : No password required. If you are asked for one, click «Cancel»".

If further problems, let me know for more analysis of download problem. Demo link  problem is being fixed at server.  I also got same 'white screen' after clicking 'cancel' on password query when I tried this link.

Second question:
DEMO graphics are imho very,very good, but remember, dated to release of the DEMO. But, current GAME graphics (Patch  v.o3b, if correct) are as up-to-date, realistic and authentic as the dedicated developer (oops! and many beta testers) and many talented modders can make them; and more, graphics are still in evolution.  ;)

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 27 décembre 2011, 18:08:20 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
« Réponse #5 le: 27 décembre 2011, 04:35:26 am »
Thanks for the reply, when I try the demo link and press cancel I just get a white screen that fails to load.
Is it just my computer?

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #6 le: 27 décembre 2011, 09:25:00 am »
The 1/1 scale is yet a beta version.
It will be improved before official release (with probably improvement for unit animations and building scale)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : A few Histwar questions
« Réponse #7 le: 27 décembre 2011, 10:00:38 am »
Thanks for the reply, when I try the demo link and press cancel I just get a white screen that fails to load.
Is it just my computer?

Right... there is a problem on our server for downloading the demo...
ASAP news, after fixing this issue..

Really sorry...

JMM

Hors ligne [NBC]Friant

• Major
« Réponse #8 le: 27 décembre 2011, 14:21:30 pm »
This is THE Napoleonic game, fantastically indepth, and historical accuracey far better than anything i have seen to date. Make sure you spend a bit of time on the demo, if Napoleonics is your thing, this is it, it doesnt get much better. I use 1 to 2 scale and still the grandeur is awesome.The creator has let us use the larger scales until the official release, so other than on this website you wont as yet see many screenshots anywhere. I too am a member of the napbc, give us a look. Ive played total war games since they came into creation, but they, imo dont compare to this. The change over from ntw will be quite hard at first but once you begin to see what the regimental and corps ai is capable of you will not fail to be impressed.

[NBC]Friant.

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
« Réponse #9 le: 27 décembre 2011, 16:24:20 pm »
All right, I think I'm sold. It seems like this game is really a living entity that is always growing. As I said My principle concern is the realism and feeling of a large battle.
I'll pick it up later this week. I appreciate all of your comments.

Hors ligne Duke of Earl

• Duc d’Earl
  • Général de Brigade
  • Duc d'Friedland
Re : A few Histwar questions UPDATE
« Réponse #10 le: 28 décembre 2011, 01:22:32 am »
Bonjour dandyking,

First question:
From the HistWar : Les Grognards website :

"A demo is available. You can download it :  ftp://histwargames.com/HistWar-Demo-install.exe

Direct download : No password required. If you are asked for one, click «Cancel»".

If further problems, let me know for more analysis of download problem. Demo link  problem is being fixed at server, a little more patience, please ....  I also got same 'white screen' after clicking 'cancel' on 2 password boxes when I tried this link. (both here and at website Demo page) ....

Second question:

DEMO graphics are, imho, very,very good for this DEMO, but remember, dated to release of the DEMO. But, current GAME graphics (latest Patch  v.o3b, if correct) are as up-to-date, realistic and authentic as the dedicated developer (oops! and many beta testers) and many talented modders can make them; and more, graphics are still in evolution.  

GAME: Be prepared to become very immersed, be amazed at the sophisticated in-game IA (AI) that allows you to conduct field /campaign operations from a C-in-C perspective (it easily simulates division, brigade, regiment, company, even peloton! commanders - and some you get to choose!) and visit the official (and unofficial) Depots for patches and mods often.  You will quickly see that HW:LG is very deep (as deep as you want it to be, your choice); CAUTION: The learning curve can be very long (or short) on GUI (depends), but many have successfully made the climb (GUI is functional & designed with player input) .... game manual is very helpful reference and easily available ....  8)

SUPPORT: Imho, some of the BEST and most timely to be found ANYWHERE, even a dedicated off-forum site (REDMINE) for players to report in-game bugs direct to developer; next, this Forum and everyone on it - of which I am immensely proud to play a small part as modérateur; next, several most excellant MP gaming clubs (custom scenarios & campaigns) and Modding groups; last, the HW:LG community members (only about 2,619 of us), most fine fellows (and all good grognards) in my book  .... ;)

I just hope my old PC and OS (XP) can still keep up with all the changes to come ....  :lol:

Cordialement, DoE
« Modifié: 28 décembre 2011, 18:50:09 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #11 le: 28 décembre 2011, 02:12:21 am »
All right, I think I'm sold. It seems like this game is really a living entity that is always growing. As I said My principle concern is the realism and feeling of a large battle.
I'll pick it up later this week. I appreciate all of your comments.

As Gunner and Glen (alias Friant) say, come on over to NBC and join in some of the MP Battles

Hors ligne dandyking

• Soldat
« Réponse #12 le: 28 décembre 2011, 17:24:01 pm »
One more question, is there a video of the most recent version of the game with 1/1 or 1/2 and perhaps any other graphics mods?
Thanks

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #13 le: 28 décembre 2011, 18:15:12 pm »
« Modifié: 28 décembre 2011, 18:56:37 pm par Duke of Earl »

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #14 le: 28 décembre 2011, 18:23:22 pm »
Another one with the Waterloo Mod

http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,6429.msg85639.html#msg85639