Auteur Sujet: Line of sight through woods?  (Lu 3874 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
Line of sight through woods?
« le: 23 novembre 2011, 08:17:35 am »
I  sometimes see artilery attacking units in woods or behind woods. Do woods have any impact on the line of sight?

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
Re : Line of sight through woods?
« Réponse #1 le: 23 novembre 2011, 11:39:13 am »
I'm not sure on this. Last night one of my corps deployed a battery in the middle of a large wood which then opened up on enemy troops some distance outside of the wood.  I could be wrong on this but it does seem unlikely that a) artillery would (and even could) deploy in the middle of a wood and b) that it would have line-of-sight outside of it.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #2 le: 23 novembre 2011, 14:59:20 pm »
In reality only infantry can fight in wooden area, maybe with light regimental cannons and of course troops must have cover in woods from artillery fire and cavalry attacks!

JMM must work on this part i think.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 23 novembre 2011, 17:15:22 pm »
Yes, woods don't seem to have the impact they should do, with Artillery and Cavalry moving though them, maybe they should be more of an hazard to movement in the future.

Hors ligne Uxbridge

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #4 le: 23 novembre 2011, 17:36:48 pm »
There was a lot of discussion about the effect of scenery when HistWar was released. Units will often march happily into lakes and swamps, or remain there.  In the same way I wonder if villages or farms have any real effect on the game - the AI does not seem to give them priority as bases for defence.
Has anyone seen my leg?

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #5 le: 23 novembre 2011, 18:45:28 pm »
They are diffrents woods, the one which can be walk through is not real wood so the artillery can fire on it or above it.

Hors ligne Soldat Louis

• Major
« Réponse #6 le: 23 novembre 2011, 18:58:42 pm »
For sure there are a lots of improvements that could be done to have a even richer terrain that can be harnessed for strategic purposes. We need  intermediates wood densities that would alter units behavior and line of sights more than the present one. And heavy woods should allow us to hide corps behind (unless altitude allows to see them). Also rivers, fences, walls etc etc.  It will come with time, but JMM cannot do everything at the same time. Let's be patient

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Line of sight through woods?
« Réponse #7 le: 23 novembre 2011, 19:08:01 pm »
They are diffrents woods, the one which can be walk through is not real wood so the artillery can fire on it or above it.

What mean not real wood?
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."