Auteur Sujet: observations and tipps for atmosphere  (Lu 3808 fois)

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
observations and tipps for atmosphere
« le: 10 novembre 2011, 18:58:17 pm »
After returning to the game after quite a while the last i7s really great. With the new terrain, bushes etc. mods it's really great to play now. The AI is really beating sometimes if they outnumber me. Try the new scenarios (Eylau with the snow is great but also borodino hist or austerlitz  hist)
What you should do after giving the orders in 2D is to be locked on the ground in 3D view (not moving up with mouse wheel) or move from unit to unit with page down/up and F5 view. I have a 27'' Monitor and it's a very intense atmosphere.
One thing that's still strange sometimes is the movement of the corps-comander in Single player. They sometimes don't stay with their corps but move somewhere else. Did you observe that too?

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : observations and tipps for atmosphere
« Réponse #1 le: 10 novembre 2011, 23:24:07 pm »
In the last patch there are still some small bugs like corps acting strangely or not obeying even if I switch out the AI or units not moving although they are in good condition and I switched out AI. This happens very rarely at least.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Re : Re : observations and tipps for atmosphere
« Réponse #2 le: 11 novembre 2011, 01:20:46 am »
In the last patch there are still some small bugs like corps acting strangely or not obeying even if I switch out the AI or units not moving although they are in good condition and I switched out AI. This happens very rarely at least.

Hello oho !!

if you are playing   "solo" you will notice this. In the earlier version of the game the AI  went on an all out attack  (I liked this behavior)
defense was stronger then attack in this case, it seemed to me that once the order was given  to Advance (the red line you draw behind the enemy position) the fighting started no matter what.
Today the game does the same and better in my opinion, although the 'obstacles' in the map tend to create other
behavior which is not familiar (in my brain) in the brain of the program  all goes according to calculation.
For example  the 'tete du pont'  scenario... Arcole, Marengo, Hanau, Tidone Creek, Trebbia, Leipzig. an attack over an obstacle like a
river is no longer a problem for the AI to master but the attack/advance at your command  develops with the AI clock  and not necessarily
with your liking:  if you are impatient and want to endow your attack with the esprit de corps  like throwing a switch, well I've never see it
and I'm not sure that I want to see it.

In Tidone Creek scenario : Victor's division does cross the bridge to engage the Austrians defending the high bank , the behavior is cautious and calculating, one does not want to fall into a trap once on the other side ,especially with full FOW on.
The brave Austrians defend and in my last replay a whole regiment gets erased by artillery fire... it was to the last man.
When I let the AI play both sides and watch the action (Tidone Creek) I see the AI puts the whole army on defense...not much happens
to the Austrian side because this side its weakest at the start and waiting for reinforcements to arrive.
So one begs a question:  with such superior numbers why does the AI controlling France act so meekly ?
Is there a 'firewall' between the two AI's ? or is the information shared invisibly (the Allies get superior numbers later ergo the French AI
calculates that defense is a better posture...dammit  :D)

I have a Christmas wish for JMM  a dozen good programmers on his Team ...the ones with the green cap under his tree at Christmas !!

`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 11 novembre 2011, 09:30:55 am »
I know what you mean. It is not the behviour of the GT-AI that bothers me, but sometimes a "fresh" corps in good order cancels any order I give and units get stuck very rarely. This doesn't happen often but it happens. One other thing is that they change the deployment / defensive line to the left or to the right in one case. I've sent the savegames to techique@histwar. Hopefully this will be whipped out. Otherwise playing Eylau from Eylauhurricane and the Wintermod of Jaquinot was really great even in SP. Thank you guys!!

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #4 le: 11 novembre 2011, 17:16:45 pm »
Hi all...
Really sorry if yet there are some issues .. I have to work on the AI again..but before, I have to take some rest.
I know you wish a good game without any bugs... HW is a huge engine... a bit difficult to get all perfect...

That said, my intention is to continue to improve the AI.. I believe it's possible.. really...

Just a bit patience... You have understood this project isn't like other ones... Just different...

JMM

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #5 le: 12 novembre 2011, 12:10:05 pm »
I hope my files help you to wipe out the last bugs. Thanks for the steady support.

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
Re : Re : observations and tipps for atmosphere
« Réponse #6 le: 15 novembre 2011, 03:05:05 am »
Hi all...
Really sorry if yet there are some issues .. I have to work on the AI again..but before, I have to take some rest.
I know you wish a good game without any bugs... HW is a huge engine... a bit difficult to get all perfect...

That said, my intention is to continue to improve the AI.. I believe it's possible.. really...

Just a bit patience... You have understood this project isn't like other ones... Just different...

JMM

Rest is well deserved JMM !!

Best Regards

:smile: :smile: :smile:
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza