Auteur Sujet: New Russian campaign Buildings  (Lu 20594 fois)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : New Russian campaign Buildings
« Réponse #30 le: 27 octobre 2011, 22:06:26 pm »
Well, I don't understand where my problem is.
So we'll not spend the night on this problem.
The night brings counsel.
We'll see if other ''Grognards'' will have the same problem or not.

I wish I could one day use these buildings for scenarios of 1812 !

Thank you for your patience and for your new scenario of Borodino I'll look soon.
 :D

Théo

Ok.
Try to use my mod with Rc5 last patch!
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : New Russian campaign Buildings
« Réponse #31 le: 28 octobre 2011, 16:36:37 pm »
The buildings will definitely work in all versions of the program from v1 on (I have tried!).

This is why i prefer to instal files by hand! Though i do appreciate that JSGME has its advantages (when it works) when you have a lot of different mods options to choose from and to switch between...

Still if you have problems installing try the 'by hand' method for access to the buildings. They can be used like any of the buildings which come with the program, they do not rely on installation of any of the other map, oob, etc files.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #32 le: 28 octobre 2011, 19:37:31 pm »
Ok.
Try to use my mod with Rc5 last patch!
This morning, I re-install a complete HistWar game  on an external hard disk up to patch 3bRC5 and I re-downloaded the ''Borodino Buildings Mod for MadRussian ground'. 'I activated JSGME and was able to launch HistWar without any problems.
Then I opened the Map Editor to use the izba hamlets, izba villages and the village of Borodino with the church. No problem. But the izba hamlets have an odd texture, including when launching a battle in the game.

But I wanted to continue this evening and the Map Editor didn't launch,  as nix noted in his ''Read Me 2'' text file. As I understand, JMM is studying this problem.  Is there any news for this ?

@ Jacquinot,
Thank you again for this mod available.
But would it be possible to have a mod with only the izba hamlet, izba village and Borodino village, without MadRussian Mods ?
I know it's easier to say than to make !

Théo

The buildings will definitely work in all versions of the program from v1 on (I have tried!).

This is why i prefer to instal files by hand! Though i do appreciate that JSGME has its advantages (when it works) when you have a lot of different mods options to choose from and to switch between...

Still if you have problems installing try the 'by hand' method for access to the buildings. They can be used like any of the buildings which come with the program, they do not rely on installation of any of the other map, oob, etc files.

@ Nix,
Congratulations for your graphical work !
If no other solution is possible, I should do as you say above and use your method to create folders, save the original files and replace them with those of the ''New''Buildings Russian Campaign''.

Theo

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #33 le: 29 octobre 2011, 04:15:22 am »
Then I opened the Map Editor to use the izba hamlets, izba villages and the village of Borodino with the church. No problem. But the izba hamlets have an odd texture, including when launching a battle in the game.

@ Jacquinot,
Thank you again for this mod available.
But would it be possible to have a mod with only the izba hamlet, izba village and Borodino village, without MadRussian Mods ?
I know it's easier to say than to make !

Theo

1) What map you use for test Mod? My BorodinoSatellite map fully adapted for Nix buildings. If you try on another map, you must change type of hamlets in editor!!!

2)Of course you can, you need just delete some folders. But for me MadRussian groundLt1 very nice.
« Modifié: 29 octobre 2011, 04:18:03 am par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #34 le: 29 octobre 2011, 11:47:25 am »
1) What map you use for test Mod? My BorodinoSatellite map fully adapted for Nix buildings. If you try on another map, you must change type of hamlets in editor!!!

I use a map I created and put the hamlet type  number 12 to have izba hamlet and the first village type to have a izba village, as nix said in his ''Read Me 2'' files. I had the 3 izba  buildings types but tha izba hamlet had odd textures.

2)Of course you can, you need just delete some folders. But for me MadRussian groundLt1 very nice.
MadRussian groundLt1 are also nice for me but I think it would be better to separate each kind of Mod to give more choice and to activate according to the will of each one.

Théo

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #35 le: 29 octobre 2011, 12:21:32 pm »
I use a map I created and put the hamlet type  number 12 to have izba hamlet and the first village type to have a izba village, as nix said in his ''Read Me 2'' files. I had the 3 izba  buildings types but tha izba hamlet had odd textures.
Théo

Odd textures like this?

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #36 le: 29 octobre 2011, 13:07:00 pm »
Odd textures like this?

Yes.
But I tried again this morning and it works because the correct izba hamlet is hamlet type number 16 in tke Map Editor.
The odd textures are on some other hamlets types.

This morning, the Map Editor launched well but not ''Les 'Grognards'' game that went on a white screen and a Windows messsage error.
When I disable ''Borodino Buildings for MadRussian ground'', ''Les 'Grognards'' game launches well.

Théo

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #37 le: 29 octobre 2011, 13:48:01 pm »
Yes.
But I tried again this morning and it works because the correct izba hamlet is hamlet type number 16 in tke Map Editor.
The odd textures are on some other hamlets types.

This morning, the Map Editor launched well but not ''Les 'Grognards'' game that went on a white screen and a Windows messsage error.
When I disable ''Borodino Buildings for MadRussian ground'', ''Les 'Grognards'' game launches well.

Théo

strange

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #38 le: 29 octobre 2011, 14:26:46 pm »
This wrong assignment of textures to the hamlet is due to the reinstall having reinstated the original assocTextmesh.txt file.

To remedy the problem get the assoctextmesh.txt file which came with the laHaie buildings mod and copy and paste it into your

HistWar>Constante folder (after bacKing up the original assocTextmesh.txt file into a folder 'original'

I apologise for overlooking the possibility that people may not have installed the lahaie and hougoumont building mod before installing the russian buildings mod. All my building mods use this rewritten assocTextmesh.txt file.

The assocTextMesh.txt file assigns the textures to the models and i use the rewritten file which came with the la haie mod as it gives a wider choice of skins to the original buildings as well as correctly assigning the textures to my new buildings. I will add a note to this effect on the depot.
« Modifié: 29 octobre 2011, 14:32:06 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #39 le: 29 octobre 2011, 14:31:41 pm »
If you don't want errors always use JSGME!!!

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #40 le: 29 octobre 2011, 14:40:31 pm »
This wrong assignment of textures to the hamlet is due to the reinstall having reinstated the original assocTextmesh.txt file.

To remedy the problem get the assoctextmesh.txt file which came with the laHaie buildings mod and copy and paste it into your

HistWar>Constante folder (after bacKing up the original assocTextmesh.txt file into a folder 'original'

I apologise for overlooking the possibility that people may not have installed the lahaie and hougoumont building mod before installing the russian buildings mod. All my building mods use this rewritten assocTextmesh.txt file.

The assocTextMesh.txt file assigns the textures to the models and i use the rewritten file which came with the la haie mod as it gives a wider choice of skins to the original buildings as well as correctly assigning the textures to my new buildings. I will add a note to this effect on the depot.
Thank you, nix, for these informations.
I'll try to follow your recommandations.

Théo

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #41 le: 29 octobre 2011, 14:49:50 pm »
Am I correct in thinking that to prepare my building mod files for JSGME distribution I should have posted them in the following file structure:

Histwar>Graphics>M_Cons > 05.x2, 08.x2, 14.x2
                                    >T_Cons> all the 15 dds files
and that i should have added the lahaie assoc text mesh explicitly
                 >Constante> assocTextMesh.txt

in order to prevent the default file being applied by JSGME when it switches from the lahaie mod to the russian mod?

would i have had to define some additional folders for the Mod name and where in this structure should they go?
« Modifié: 29 octobre 2011, 15:01:27 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #42 le: 29 octobre 2011, 18:58:37 pm »
Am I correct in thinking that to prepare my building mod files for JSGME distribution I should have posted them in the following file structure:

Histwar>Graphics>M_Cons > 05.x2, 08.x2, 14.x2
                                    >T_Cons> all the 15 dds files
and that i should have added the lahaie assoc text mesh explicitly
                 >Constante> assocTextMesh.txt

in order to prevent the default file being applied by JSGME when it switches from the lahaie mod to the russian mod?

would i have had to define some additional folders for the Mod name and where in this structure should they go?

I think it's better to ask Jacquinot who is an expert in creating folders and files for JSGME.

Théo

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #43 le: 29 octobre 2011, 23:41:30 pm »
I think it's better to ask Jacquinot who is an expert in creating folders and files for JSGME.

Théo

Jacquinot is expert in pipelines! ;)

Nix thinks rightly, but if you do like Nix algorithm, you will be have problems with MadRussian Mod in parallel use!!!
If you want play with MadRussian ground Lt1 and with my summer trees, better to use my "Borodino buildings for MadRussian ground" package!
« Modifié: 29 octobre 2011, 23:52:53 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #44 le: 30 octobre 2011, 00:56:25 am »
You can download BorodinoHistTrial scenario with map adapted for Nix buildings mod - http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=189

Great !!!       @|@   :smile: :smile:

`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza