Auteur Sujet: New Russian campaign Buildings  (Lu 20591 fois)

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
New Russian campaign Buildings
« le: 26 octobre 2011, 12:55:42 pm »
Three new models of buildings for the Russian 1812 campaign are available :

1) Borodino church and village.
2) A village of izba type houses.
3) A hamlet of izba type houses.

These can be usesd alongside the original oriental town and village models which come with the game to give an expanded selection of  buildings for battles in Russia.

You can find screenshots of the models and the original buildings on the thread 'Question to Nix'. The down load link for the files for the building is on pg 4 of that thread and newfiles which improve the look and performance of the buildings are downloaded from the link on pg 5 . It is intended to  include all the buildings with the new and improved Borodino Scenario to be posted on the download depot by Jacquinot.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : New Russian campaign Buildings
« Réponse #1 le: 26 octobre 2011, 16:47:48 pm »
You cannot upload it in the depot?

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 26 octobre 2011, 19:24:17 pm »
Ok! I have uploaded the final version of the files for my buildings on the depot....

Jacquinot is working on a final version of his Borodino scenario using his new map, OOBs and the Mad Russian terrain mod and uniforms. His download will also include my buildings correctly placed and oriented on the map so no editing will be required. The villages will also have nice ground textures modified from the original 'vanilla' versions.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #3 le: 26 octobre 2011, 19:31:48 pm »
Ok! I have uploaded the final version of the files for my buildings on the depot....

Jacquinot is working on a final version of his Borodino scenario using his new map, OOBs and the Mad Russian terrain mod and uniforms. His download will also include my buildings correctly placed and oriented on the map so no editing will be required. The villages will also have nice ground textures modified from the original 'vanilla' versions.

Thank you again for this great work.
If I understand correctly,  we won't have to use JSGME to include these buildings on the map of Borodino.
Please, could you tell us how is it possible to include these buildings directly in the download file ?

Théo

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #4 le: 26 octobre 2011, 19:38:21 pm »
Yes you are correct.  You don't need to use an installer.  Read the 'read me' file for full instructions on installation by hand. It is really very simple...honestly! Just copying and pasting after backing up the original files which are being replaced.

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #5 le: 26 octobre 2011, 19:52:08 pm »
Yes you are correct.  You don't need to use an installer.  Read the 'read me' file for full instructions on installation by hand. It is really very simple...honestly! Just copying and pasting after backing up the original files which are being replaced.

Allright, nix. I've just read those ''read me'' files.
Nevertheless,  is it also possible to use JSGME if we don't want to replace (copy and paste) the original files ?

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #6 le: 27 octobre 2011, 11:59:26 am »
I'm not sure as I haven't used the installer myself so i dont know what it does to the original files. you could try it and see.  

I do the following to switch between my installations:

In the M_Cons folder and in the T_Cons folder I have created 3 new folders :

1) Original
2) waterloo
3) Borodino

I copy and paste the original files which are going to be replaced, into the 'original' folder (so i have copies of 05.x2 the red chateau; 08.x2 the european village; 12.x2 the wooden windmill; and 14.x2 the church and 3 house hamlet in the M_Cons> original folder at present). In the borodino folder I have (05.x2 The borodino village ; 08.x2 the izba village and; 14.x2 the izba hamlet)
Similarly in the T_Cons>original folder I have the original textures for each model (5 for each model : eg 00000.dds 00001.dds 00002.dds 00003.dds 0000B.dds for the red chateaux etc) (all are identified in the read me files which come with the models )

Whatever set of buildings I have presently loaded for the game I can change to the alternative set just by copying the whole folder contents for the choice (eg of  M_Cons>Borodino and pasting it into M_Cons then T_Cons>Borodino  copy & Paste into T_Cons to change to the Russian buildings option).

For the waterloo scenario I also rewrote the assocTextMesh.txt file in the Constante folder so I also have an original and waterloo folder with the original and waterloo versions of this file in Constante (but mostly i just stick with the waterloo file for all as it gives a wider variety of skins to the original buildings when used with the lahaie mod skins).
« Modifié: 27 octobre 2011, 12:08:03 pm par nix »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 27 octobre 2011, 12:41:25 pm »
As far as i now understand it, to use JSGME to install and switch my files you would need to make the files available to the installer in a set of folders which match the folder structure of your installation of the Histwar program explixcitly ie create a histwar folder which contains a Graphics folder which contains an M_Cons folder which then contains my three model files and a T_Cons folder which then contains all 15 of  my texture files:

HistWar>Graphics>M_Cons>then place 05.x2,08.x2 and 14.x2 in there.

and HistWar>Graphics>T_Cons> then place all the dds files in there.

The JSGME will then install them correctly and do what it does when switching between instalations. Am i correct?

Here are the files in that structure for you to try:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3227641/histwar-zip-october-27-2011-11-51-am-7-7-meg?da=y

« Modifié: 27 octobre 2011, 12:54:05 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #8 le: 27 octobre 2011, 13:55:53 pm »
Thank you, nix, for all these explanations above.
Unfortunately, yesterday evening, I tried to use JSGME and create the necessary folders, such as those you put available on keepandshare.com. and it did not work.
I tried again this morning with yours and same result.

Maybe Jacquinot has an idea of the problem ?

Theo

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #9 le: 27 octobre 2011, 15:50:39 pm »
perhaps you need full route eg C:\Programs>histwar etc?

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #10 le: 27 octobre 2011, 15:59:08 pm »
I'm afraid that my old brain has not enough living neurons to overcome such burden... :(

Oster
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #11 le: 27 octobre 2011, 19:32:52 pm »
Three new models of buildings for the Russian 1812 campaign are available :

1) Borodino church and village.
2) A village of izba type houses.
3) A hamlet of izba type houses.

Great work Nix : very grateful for this  !!!!
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #12 le: 27 octobre 2011, 19:36:36 pm »
Don't break your brain guys, just download Borodino buildings adapted to MadRussian Grpund Lt1 mod with bushes - http://www.fayloobmennik.net/files/go/11431080.html?check=b62b5435504283a68b47341da8803850&file=1114603

Add this folder to Mods folder and switch on with JSGME. Better to use with MadRussian Histwar3d units and explosion Mod.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #13 le: 27 octobre 2011, 20:33:55 pm »
You can download BorodinoHistTrial scenario with map adapted for Nix buildings mod - http://www.histwar.org/mods/file.php?id=189
« Modifié: 27 octobre 2011, 20:40:18 pm par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #14 le: 27 octobre 2011, 20:54:06 pm »
Don't break your brain guys, just download Borodino buildings adapted to MadRussian Grpund Lt1 mod with bushes - http://www.fayloobmennik.net/files/go/11431080.html?check=b62b5435504283a68b47341da8803850&file=1114603

Add this folder to Mods folder and switch on with JSGME. Better to use with MadRussian Histwar3d units and explosion Mod.
Thank for this work.
I try to use it with JSGME and when I launch the game, il goes with a white screen and a Windows message error.
Do you have an idea ?

Théo