Auteur Sujet: NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?  (Lu 14111 fois)

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« Réponse #15 le: 30 octobre 2011, 00:08:07 am »
My dear friend, 

I'll never quibble with you about Napoleonics, maps, architecture etc...
But if the guys you sent in your last mail are today  Bashkirs  soldiers , so I'm a Zulu in Shaka's army dress  :lol:

They look like WWII security with maybe a Komissar in front ... :mrgreen:

Otherwise, I just wanted to tell you I watched on TV the opening of the new Bolchoï in Moskow and found it really splendid with a touch of " GRANDEUR"   and tradition ....Too bad it's so far and I'm so tired : this, the History museum, Borodino and maybe Petersbourg are all in my dreams....
Keep the good work going  ;)
oster

IMPORTANT  NOTICE /   I was just sending you the message above when receive your "black humor"   I change nothing as I am quite proud about guessing right who was here !
Another opportunity to know more about your genealogy  ;)
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« Réponse #16 le: 30 octobre 2011, 00:27:44 am »
The easiest landing point would have been the Romney Marsh and Dungeness point.  These were protected by Martello Towers and in 1804 construction started on the Royal Military Canal creating an artificial river (completed 1809)..............
............One British concern was the potential for a landing in the Thames estuary, either the Kent or Essex side.  The 1809 expedition to take Walcheren (Flushing) was intended to remove this as a bas for an invasion force.

I  just read something interesting about Caesar's landings....It looks he choose also Romney area  and landed four legions with auxiliaries, horses and war machines - about equivalent to 30.000 men cargo. A  good achievement , even without naval opposition !
Also, I'd no idea of a plan of invasion in 1809...By this time, Napo had probably his hands full of Spain, Portugal, Sicily etc... and no fleet to match the Royal Navy;   were the British  really concerned or they used this as an argument to take a bridgehead on the Continent ?
Oster

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« Réponse #17 le: 06 novembre 2011, 19:49:50 pm »
Black Russian humor!
NKVD troops looks scary!
Two of my grand grandfathers was murder by NKVD butchers.

Hello Jacquinot,
A long time I didn't hear from you - Are you still digging in Borodino to find the Gold Eagle ?  :roll:

I send you a link from a young fellow who is trying to create an Histwar team for this game . Maybe you'ld be interested....You can also join him as  "general Guillaume"...
I'ld try also to make something about Genealogy. I guess from above you have a lot to tell, if you wish...I'll let you know when ready.
Oster  ;)

http://www.campagne-de-russie.com/tutorial.htm