Auteur Sujet: NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?  (Lu 14034 fois)

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« le: 22 octobre 2011, 16:40:03 pm »
After reading a very interesting and comprehensive book about the abortive Hitler's Seelowee opération in summer 1940, I'm looking for something similar about the planned Napoleonic's  invasion of the British Isles.
I just found some documents about the dispositions of the French Army d'Angleterre in Boulogne and around, short descriptions of the transport and landing fleet and general considerations about the strategic moves . I found nothing about the planned landing and the operations if it was successful...What about the political considerations and the fate of the civilians for instance  ?
Also, I have nothing valuable  about the defense of the coast,   planned resistance behind  and what forces will be available to counter-attack.
So, if you know of some book dealing with - or if you're interested- this may be a basis for some "alternative History".... ;)
Thanks for help,
Je recherche de la documentation sur l'Invasion de L'Angleterre planifiée par Napoléon en 1804...J'ai ce qu'il faut sur l'Armée d'Angleterre à Boulogne et environs, sur la flotille...mais rien sur ce qui aurait pu se passer aprés un débarquement réussi : quid des civils, du gouvernorat ,de l'extension prévue etc...
Rien non plus sur les défenses anglaises, les forces dispo. pour contre-attaquer,  etc...
Donc toute reference  à des livres sérieux sur le sujet m'interesse...Ceci pouvant être la base d'une Histoire Alternative où les Français auraient réussi leur débarquement  ;)
Merci d'avance
Oster
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« Réponse #1 le: 22 octobre 2011, 17:46:21 pm »
All it was possible if English agents like Benigsen don't kill Pavel I in Petersburg! ;)
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« Réponse #2 le: 22 octobre 2011, 17:49:59 pm »
All it was possible if English agents like Benigsen don't kill Pavel I in Petersburg! ;)

I never mind the plot extended so far ..... ;)
Oster

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Any help ?
« Réponse #3 le: 22 octobre 2011, 17:57:34 pm »
I never mind the plot extended so far ..... ;)
Oster

If Pavel I was not murdered, Russia fights against England side by side with France.

"I need only three days in the misty weather-and I will master of London, Parliament, the Bank of England" - Napoleon Bonaparte.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 22 octobre 2011, 18:24:39 pm »
"I need only three days in the misty weather-and I will master of London, Parliament, the Bank of England" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Just neclected a detail : Nelson and a hundred Wooden ships and Iron men  :mrgreen:

He was playing snowballs when they studied the story of the Armada at Brienne....

Oster

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #5 le: 23 octobre 2011, 03:10:02 am »
Just neclected a detail : Nelson and a hundred Wooden ships and Iron men  :mrgreen:

He was playing snowballs when they studied the story of the Armada at Brienne....

Oster

That maybe, anyway Soviet army might take all west Europe at 24h and for England she need 8h i think. :lol:
But best way is send nuclear rockets, just 15min and all be fine.
« Modifié: 23 octobre 2011, 03:18:39 am par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : NAPOLEONIC SEELOWEE, Serious Questions?
« Réponse #6 le: 23 octobre 2011, 11:09:10 am »
But best way is send nuclear rockets, just 15min and all be fine.

It's always the same problem with Russian diplomacy,  one cask  of  vodka  saturday night and sunday morning the world explodes  :mrgreen:

But Mind you, my questions were serious...up to little transformations to Nix Isbas in Yorkshire cottages and a Norman chapel ....  ;)
Oster

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #7 le: 23 octobre 2011, 20:41:44 pm »
The Kent coast was well protected both by geography and military engineering.  The chalk cliffs limit the landing points.   Any landing would need a port for the supply chain.   Dover was well protected both by the ancient castle and the modern works now called the Western Heights.

The easiest landing point would have been the Romney Marsh and Dungeness point.  These were protected by Martello Towers and in 1804 construction started on the Royal Military Canal creating an artificial river (completed 1809).

One British concern was the potential for a landing in the Thames estuary, either the Kent or Essex side.  The 1809 expedition to take Walcheren (Flushing) was intended to remove this as a bas for an invasion force.

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #8 le: 24 octobre 2011, 10:44:39 am »
Thank you for this infos.
Do you have some datas about the manpower available for defense  ( regulars and reserve/militias ) in case of the landing successful in 1804/1805 ?
I'm very confused by units  called Yeomanry, Fencibles or "private armies"  levied by some aristocrats...
Actually, I found some units in 1940 with this lineage back to the Armada time  :!:

With the Peninsular British rgts and 1805 French, we can now have a battle of Brighton  ;)
Oster

Hors ligne Doyley

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #9 le: 24 octobre 2011, 16:45:57 pm »
Hmmmm, not sure Brighton is worth fighting for :)

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #10 le: 24 octobre 2011, 17:45:09 pm »
Probably as good as any other place to win or die  :mrgreen:

Otherwise, St Tropez is more attractive but on the wrong sea ...  ;)

Oster

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #11 le: 24 octobre 2011, 19:59:22 pm »
The Kent coast was well protected both by geography and military engineering.  The chalk cliffs limit the landing points.   Any landing would need a port for the supply chain.   Dover was well protected both by the ancient castle and the modern works now called the Western Heights.

The easiest landing point would have been the Romney Marsh and Dungeness point.  These were protected by Martello Towers and in 1804 construction started on the Royal Military Canal creating an artificial river (completed 1809).

One British concern was the potential for a landing in the Thames estuary, either the Kent or Essex side.  The 1809 expedition to take Walcheren (Flushing) was intended to remove this as a bas for an invasion force.

Thanks God, now we have airborne and in Russia airborne have BMD tanks for support! :D

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #12 le: 25 octobre 2011, 01:24:56 am »
Thanks God, now we have airborne and in Russia airborne have BMD tanks for support!

And what about Bashkirs and Kalmouks ?
They swim behind at the tails of their ponies... ;)

oster

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #13 le: 29 octobre 2011, 15:27:15 pm »

And what about Bashkirs and Kalmouks ?
They swim behind at the tails of their ponies... ;)

oster

They still serve in Russian army, i think they don't like europeans so much, so we can use their for punitive actions in future european wars. ;) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

« Modifié: 29 octobre 2011, 15:55:49 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #14 le: 29 octobre 2011, 23:56:03 pm »
Black Russian humor!

NKVD troops looks scary!

Two of my grand grandfathers was murder by NKVD butchers.
« Modifié: 30 octobre 2011, 00:00:57 am par Jacquinot »