Auteur Sujet: Modding - .x2 file format  (Lu 3055 fois)

Hors ligne Andrea

• Lieutenant
Modding - .x2 file format
« le: 19 septembre 2011, 23:55:27 pm »
I'd like to work on building models using 3ds Max, I know I have to start from the .x2 files but I can't import it
in a 3ds max manageable format. I kindly ask if someone give me advice in order to start

thanks
Andrea
« Modifié: 20 septembre 2011, 18:06:26 pm par Andrea »

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
Re : Modding - .x2 file format
« Réponse #1 le: 21 septembre 2011, 12:34:43 pm »
you can't export x2 format. There are coded.

The only solution it s to start completly a new model.

Ask JMM for the scale of each type of building. I don't remember it (think that a village is 150m x 150m and a city 300m x 300m but not sure

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 21 septembre 2011, 22:04:53 pm »
I'd like to work on building models using 3ds Max, I know I have to start from the .x2 files but I can't import it
in a 3ds max manageable format. I kindly ask if someone give me advice in order to start
thanks
Andrea

You can't use the files .x2
Building : you can build a town (500m), a village (300m), a farm (300m), a castle  (300m), a redoubt (100m), an hamlet (100)...
Two orthogonal streets go cross the object in order to draw a free square (60m * 60m) at the center.
After saving the file in format x, you have to delete the original file x2 before put the new file into the folder M_Cons
Hummmm.. a lot of things to say. The best is I write a document to help you.
That said, some Grognards worked on new Mods... maybe they can help you to start.
I'll be back on that ASAP

JMM

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #3 le: 26 septembre 2011, 12:01:32 pm »
check out the thread 'can buildings be modded?' and the comments made about how to get an .x model into the program as an .x2 file. (see the reply about hougoumont models). If you read the word files associated with my lehay model and hougoumont model on the depot downloads you will have a good idea about which .x2 files in the original program correspond to which 3d models and which dds files are associated with each. Hope this is helpful.  :D