Auteur Sujet: Returning player  (Lu 3526 fois)

Hors ligne Spartan

• Sergent
Returning player
« le: 31 juillet 2011, 12:29:10 pm »
Hi guys,
I was an ardent follower ofnthis forum during development of the game and eagerly awaited the release. I bought the game and waited while patches werevadded to improve the game. But I remained disappointed with how the game played. I saw whole corps vanish at the first sign of a shot from artillery, cavalry not able or willing to charge onto an enemy flank. I never ever saw two opposing infantry formations face each other and exchange volleys. To me the morale in the game was far to sensitive.

My question now is if I add the latest patch is the game any different? What isnthe game like to play now? Has anyone else had my experience?

This has the potential to be the most wonderful game.

Thanks,
Mike

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : Returning player
« Réponse #1 le: 31 juillet 2011, 14:02:44 pm »
The game is better and JMM will fix a  bug with the attack on the defensive lines in the next patch and there will be also the addition of the scale 141 (1/1)!

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #2 le: 31 juillet 2011, 16:45:36 pm »
My question now is if I add the latest patch is the game any different? What isnthe game like to play now? Has anyone else had my experien

As an old man and a pityful computer user  :oops: I can assure you that the game run well with the last patch and I managed to watch spectacular battles on 3D. :smile:
Maybe to begin , play with the tutorial many times ( it's different everytime) using bothsides, changing weather,  adding some units in OOB....Starting at  once with big battles may be frustrating. :mrgreen:
Good luck
Oster
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Malaspina

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 12 août 2011, 19:06:45 pm »
I'm a returning player too, a grognard of the first hour. I've just installed the latest patch 3a, and I must say the game has improved a lot. The GUI is now much better and the developer's dedication to the game makes one hope for an even better in the near future.

Congrats!
Napoleon BlownApart

Hors ligne Spartan

• Sergent
« Réponse #4 le: 03 octobre 2011, 23:54:01 pm »
I've started up a poem game and looking forward to see what's changed. One question, do most people play the game in 2d? I always wanted to play in 3d and perhaps that's where my expectations were not achieved.
Mike

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #5 le: 04 octobre 2011, 00:35:47 am »
I spend most of my time in 2d and I go to 3d to watch interesting fights.  I think the Commanding General of the time must have pictured a 2d battlefield in his mind.  Incidentally returning players should be patched to 03b RC5 & the OOB Editor Patch