Auteur Sujet: Cavalry panics when flank-attacking firing artillery  (Lu 3023 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Cavalry panics when flank-attacking firing artillery
« le: 29 juin 2011, 11:46:42 am »
In my latest game I had a heavy cavalry corps charging an enemy artillery grand-battery. The latter was deployed in a way that offered the flank to the cavalry. However, the cavalry seemed to panic whenever the cannons fired a salvo. I would like to confirm that the direction of artillery deployment is taken into account when calculating the morale effects on nearby enemy units.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Cavalry panics when flank-attacking firing artillery
« Réponse #1 le: 30 juin 2011, 00:20:38 am »
In my latest game I had a heavy cavalry corps charging an enemy artillery grand-battery. The latter was deployed in a way that offered the flank to the cavalry. However, the cavalry seemed to panic whenever the cannons fired a salvo. I would like to confirm that the direction of artillery deployment is taken into account when calculating the morale effects on nearby enemy units.

I didn't remember so I just looked at the program...
In fact, all threat on an unit flank decreases the unit morale... (only a bit for Guard/Elite unit)
It's true if the threat is from artillery or other types of unit.

Clear?
JMM

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Cavalry panics when flank-attacking firing artillery
« Réponse #2 le: 30 juin 2011, 15:19:49 pm »
I didn't remember so I just looked at the program...
In fact, all threat on an unit flank decreases the unit morale... (only a bit for Guard/Elite unit)
It's true if the threat is from artillery or other types of unit.

Clear?
JMM

Still not clear. My question was the other way around. The artillery is turned e.g. West and the attacking cavalry comes from e.g. South, ready to trample the artillery unit from the flank. My impression is that the cavalry panics whenever the artillery fires a salvo, although the artillery is not actually firing (not even turned) at them.
So, was my perception due to FOW, or is the attacking unit morale affected the same when the artillery is firing somewhere else (as if the artillery were firing at them)?
Scenario:

<
             <
             <ARTILLERY
             <
             <

^^^^^
       CAVALRY  

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Cavalry panics when flank-attacking firing artillery
« Réponse #3 le: 30 juin 2011, 17:13:51 pm »

I have similar problem in battle against Tof, my cavalry attack 4 batterys and was defeated - http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,6252.0.html
« Modifié: 30 juin 2011, 17:58:44 pm par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."