Auteur Sujet: Regimental order for deployment?  (Lu 2548 fois)

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Regimental order for deployment?
« le: 27 juin 2011, 17:14:15 pm »
Sometimes we need to detach one or two regiments for a Grand-tactical important mission, such as rushing for a lop, defending an important passage, bridge, etc. Right now I can only do this by ordering the units to "March" (march column formation!!), but I have heard that this can lead to the unit being immediately routed in case of a sudden attack. If this is the case, I think that there should be  additional "deploy" and "defend" orders for regiments as well.

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : Regimental order for deployment?
« Réponse #1 le: 27 juin 2011, 19:25:16 pm »
There is also an attack and scouting orders for the regiment but not a defend order.

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Regimental order for deployment?
« Réponse #2 le: 27 juin 2011, 20:58:31 pm »
There is also an attack and scouting orders for the regiment but not a defend order.
Yes, you can resort to Scout and Attack. However, these are not good to really occupy the terrain and defend it:
- Scout: regiments avoid combat and run away if attacked
- Attack: you must attack a unit. What if there is nobody there on the spot you wish to occupy?

With the order I envisage, the detached units will defend the spot and fight any enemy forces that approach - the deploy order being more aggressive, and the defend order being by definition defensive relative to the way of occupying the terrain, just like the respective corps orders.