Auteur Sujet: American Civil War Mod  (Lu 15604 fois)

Hors ligne minardi22

• Soldat
American Civil War Mod
« le: 22 juin 2011, 13:40:42 pm »
Hi everyone,

This is my first or second post on the HistWar forum, and i just want to say the game with all its improvements through the various patches is getting better and better each time.

But what i really want to ask is whether in the future, is there chance of creating a mod which would involve the American Civil War. Given where the latest patches, mods and JMM now working on full scale 1:1 figures/units, i would say, where the game is now it would be possible to create a mod.

This is because as ACW armies were generally not as large the 1:1 scale would be perfect for creating oobs with regiments of less than say 1000 men/units. With the Waterloo mod utilizing linear tactics, which were used in the ACW, then this doctrine could be used in the mod. There will be new bits and pieces that would need to be added to the game such as new values and ranges for weapons, and also mods for the cavalry as ACW cavalry more often than not fought while dismounted against infantry (there are 2 ACW games which have this capability, so as a bit of an amateur when modding games, i guess this could be accomplished here). Looking at the map and oob editors the 2 ACW games already available do not have anywhere near as good editors as HistWar, so this in it self would be a real bonus to any ACW game fans out there, although some work and changes would be needed. In the map editor it is, i would superficial, changing the graphics for buildings and increasing the amount of swamp, forest/tress and fields you are allowed in a map. For the oob you could change the countries to states, and given i should be starting a PhD in the psychological affect of war on ACW officers, i would be happy to go through all ACW regiments and see what officer commanded it in what year of the war, plus of course those who were Brig.Gens etc.

What do you all think?

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
Re : American Civil War Mod
« Réponse #1 le: 22 juin 2011, 22:09:16 pm »
It would be nice but you need to take care of models or skins for the infantry cavalry as well as supplying them with the rifles  which means changing the database as for canoons the napoleons 12pdr as well as smoothbores would also need to be added then you got the music marching tunes  then the maps oh god imagine gettysburg or frediricksburg  then you have to think about the different army groups maybe  with this mod you delete most of the faction available and create new ones but each faction created will be an army [potomac shendoah etc]

and yes this game is expansive with the right modders in place they can do anything involving a musket and canoons

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 22 juin 2011, 23:32:02 pm »
Hi everyone,

This is my first or second post on the HistWar forum, and i just want to say the game with all its improvements through the various patches is getting better and better each time.

But what i really want to ask is whether in the future, is there chance of creating a mod which would involve the American Civil War. Given where the latest patches, mods and JMM now working on full scale 1:1 figures/units, i would say, where the game is now it would be possible to create a mod.

This is because as ACW armies were generally not as large the 1:1 scale would be perfect for creating oobs with regiments of less than say 1000 men/units. With the Waterloo mod utilizing linear tactics, which were used in the ACW, then this doctrine could be used in the mod. There will be new bits and pieces that would need to be added to the game such as new values and ranges for weapons, and also mods for the cavalry as ACW cavalry more often than not fought while dismounted against infantry (there are 2 ACW games which have this capability, so as a bit of an amateur when modding games, i guess this could be accomplished here). Looking at the map and oob editors the 2 ACW games already available do not have anywhere near as good editors as HistWar, so this in it self would be a real bonus to any ACW game fans out there, although some work and changes would be needed. In the map editor it is, i would superficial, changing the graphics for buildings and increasing the amount of swamp, forest/tress and fields you are allowed in a map. For the oob you could change the countries to states, and given i should be starting a PhD in the psychological affect of war on ACW officers, i would be happy to go through all ACW regiments and see what officer commanded it in what year of the war, plus of course those who were Brig.Gens etc.

What do you all think?

Probably this new version (1/1) becomes compatibles with the ACW.
Cannons aren't a problem... Maybe the biggest modification is about the CAV... but no sure it's a huge problem.

If some Modders are interesting by this epoch... why not  ;)

JMM

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 23 juin 2011, 08:34:32 am »
maybe instead of having a faction as an army of the union or confederate maybe.... victorian style europeans + union and confeds.... its more like historywars instead of histwar lol maybe... we just need a team of modders....

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 27 juin 2011, 11:06:12 am »
Hi everyone, Bonjour à tous

C'est aussi mon premier message.... dire d'abord tout le bien que je pense du jeu et surtout mon attente du 1/1 .

L'idée d'un mode ACW est excitante et j'aime beaucoup cette période, mais ce peut être difficile.

Il y a autre chose qui me travaille depuis longtemps _ et qui serait peut-être plus simple_ c' est la période "Guerre en dentelles".....tres peu  représentée mais si riche en couleurs !

Peut-etre aussi demandant principalement des mods "uniformes" et des ajustements cosmétiques, les armes ayant assez peu variées _surtout les doctrines.

Quelqu'un serait-il interessé ?  j'ai pas mal de doc - surtout SYW (guerre de 7 ans) mais je suis nul en programmation si AB en graphismes (cf SPWW2) -

English translation  if necessary....

Une Vieille Moustache  (74yo dont  qq 50 de "wargaming" divers et une these sur le sujet....)

Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #5 le: 27 juin 2011, 22:48:43 pm »
Hi sir hopefully the Histwar cersion with 1/1 scale will be out soon and then we (I mean I) basically troll twcenter and the guild total war website for some modders and basically plead beg bribe sell my soul to get some modders working for the newversion of histwar!!! for project liek ACW it mite take 3 or 6 months atleast to get all oob maps and skin and the database working  and another 1 or 2 month before eventhe project statr finindg modders and info about battle especially handcrafted maps

Hors ligne quartermaster

• Officier HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #6 le: 27 juin 2011, 23:12:56 pm »
Some other mods to consider and perhaps closer to the original game in terms of uniforms, tactics and weaponry

1830 - Belgium
1830 - Poland

1853-56  Crimea.

Pushing a little takes us to the ACW and then puching further (and perhaps too far due to the developments in tactics arising from improved firearms and artillery) Prussia/Austria and Franco-Prussian 1870

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #7 le: 30 juin 2011, 19:18:20 pm »
So the only problem is the mesh for both of the mod (ACW and 1700 wars).

And specialy the cask mesh.

So if someone have the talent to mod the mesh of cask everything could be possible. The doctrine has to be also be moddable

Le seul problème c'est les les pour les mod proposés (ACW et la guerre en 1700).

Et spécialement les mesh des casques.

Donc si quelqu'un arrive à les modder tout est possible ensuite. Les doctrines doivent être ensuite modifiées.

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #8 le: 01 juillet 2011, 00:01:05 am »
Bonsoir,

Je pense de plus en plus à cette période de 1750+...
Pour commencer on pourrait essayer avec les armées de la Révolution ( ou celle d'Amérique) . Il y a relativement peu de changements entre 1770 environ et 1805; cela semble beaucoup plus simple que l'ACW où il faut même envisager l'architecture, les obstacles,défenses,routes, etc....

Le probleme est que j'ignore le systeme graphique d'Histwar et la 3D. Je connais PSP et la 2D . Je suppose qu'il faut un programme spécial pour accéder aux uniformes. où le chercher?

D'autre part, j'ai utilisé un systeme "économique" pour les figurines permettant d'avoir beaucoup d'armées différentes : le gros des troupes est en tenue de marche ( plutot hivernal ) capote du gris sale au marron -réaliste- et couvre schakos sans garnitures. Par contre les tetes de colonne avec drapeaux et tambours peuvent etre soignées et identifiables. On peut aussi faire du "paysan/partisan" plus ou moins boueux qui est à peu prés valable pour toute l'Europe et sur une longue période. Là aussi quelques caractéres typiques donnent la couleur locale sans gros investissement _ enfin, il me semble puisque je n'ai pas l'expérience du 3D !

Certes, c'est un peu triché mais je ne crois pas tellement aux armées bien propres en campagne et il y a une vaste iconographie de témoignages visuels pour confirmer.

Qu'en pensez-vous?

Amicalement, Oster

Hors ligne bibouba

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #9 le: 01 juillet 2011, 10:41:36 am »
Le problème de 1750 c'est le tricorne. Il faut refaire un casque en 3d x sous la forme du tricorne.

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
Re : Re : American Civil War Mod
« Réponse #10 le: 07 juillet 2011, 00:59:44 am »
So the only problem is the mesh for both of the mod (ACW and 1700 wars).
And specialy the cask mesh.
So if someone have the talent to mod the mesh of cask everything could be possible. The doctrine has to be also be moddableLe seul problème c'est les les pour les mod proposés (ACW et la guerre en 1700).
Et spécialement les mesh des casques.
Donc si quelqu'un arrive à les modder tout est possible ensuite. Les doctrines doivent être ensuite modifiées.

Bonsoir,
Désolé, je ne  comprends pas cette histoire de MESH et de CASK....
Où puis-je me renseigner sur le modding et trouver des modéles...sinon comment éditer les uniformes existants pour les "retoucher" si c'est possible. Il y a qq années j'avais bricolé des avions ( camouflages et cockpit ) mais je ne m'en souviens plus trés bien (European Air WAR peut-être...Je ne sais pas si ç'est le même principe et ça devait être sous WIN95 ou 98?
Amicalement, Oster

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #11 le: 07 juillet 2011, 06:56:52 am »
I would also like to learn how to make skins which program you use biboua???

Hors ligne bibouba

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #12 le: 07 juillet 2011, 10:27:04 am »
I'm making some tests for the moment. And I want to use free software.

When everything will be ok I will write a dictatitiel for the modders.

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #13 le: 13 juillet 2011, 19:30:55 pm »
J'attends donc votre didacticiel pour voir si je serai capable de faire quelque chose d'utile.

J'ai essayé d'étudier les uniformes actuellement en service dans Histwar et je pense qu'en recombinant des éléments existants on peut déja faire beaucoup de choses. Cela dépend evidemment du nombre d'éléments (les Meshes ???) qui composent une figurine.

D'autre part , vu les derniéres publications d'armées en 1/1 et leur coté spectaculaire, je pense que nous allons passer du temps à nous emplir les yeux de ce spectacle et que les modifs peuvent donc attendre un peu,d'autant que JMM doit être hyper occupé pour fignoler l'ensemble.

De toutes façons, je crois qu'avec les armées existantes on doit pouvoir aller assez facilement vers la Révolution ( Valmy ) ou l'Italie. Je viens encore de me découvrir un ancêtre " Volontaire du 1er Bataillon de la Commune de Paris" , blessé vers Valenciennes  (armée Dumouriez ?) en 1793, ce genre de choses me motive toujours!

Hors ligne bibouba

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #14 le: 13 juillet 2011, 19:54:39 pm »
Sans présagé de l'avenir, il se put bien qu'un mod ACW voit le jour ... J'en dirait plus d'ici la fin de l'été.

C'est juste à l'étude..