Auteur Sujet: the attacking AI stopping short of its objectives.  (Lu 4042 fois)

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
the attacking AI stopping short of its objectives.
« le: 19 juin 2011, 12:11:53 pm »
I started a battle last night with me having a small force of about 4000 infantry and the enemy AI about 15000.I was,obviously,on defense and waiting for the enemy to overrun my guys.Out of 6 Corps the enemy advanced with only one,but even this one stopped somewhere at 2/3 of the road and just sat there,the two armies looking at each other and doing nothing.Me because of my inferiority,and the enemy because of what?He has overwhelming odds against me but doesn't attack me at all.I tried to play the same battle on a smaller map,but I got the same results:one single enemy corps advanced until reached the middle of the map and stood there doing nothing.The other 5 corps are either guarding the LOCs or standing behind the "advance-guard" at different points of the map.I am not supposed to attack with my mere 4000 infantrymen the 15-16000 enemy forces having infantry and cavalry!But we need to have a battle to find out the winner.What should I do in this case?

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
Re : the attacking AI stopping short of its objectives.
« Réponse #1 le: 19 juin 2011, 16:17:32 pm »
Despite some improvements in the last patches, it remains difficult for the AI to manage "small" battles, either with equal forces or in the rear guard mod.
Maybe this kind of fight requires too much initiative and reactivity  :roll:
In the rear guard mod, the small force is the winner if not attacked...

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 21 juin 2011, 00:32:02 am »
Hummmm.. yes, the Great Tactical AI must be improved... it is one of the last tasks...
I am planning to work on this part just after finishing the scale 1/1.. and I can say it's the better task for me : improve on the GT AI.
And excuse me for this AI which is yet really artificial. I hope the last version will be a good AI.

JMM

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #3 le: 21 juin 2011, 07:34:20 am »
Maybe look into adding more option to the player like how long the tactical bombardment will be or like allow us to select which regiments or how many regiments will attack  or how they will attack most of the time I notice is that 2 army line up to each other the cavlry on the flank of the army or the corps do thier thing in the middle then one by one the regiments attack then the enemy  army sends one regiments as well to counter it by the time the second regiment comes up the regiments that first comes in are either routing or moving forward alone!

Its good that we can attack in witd and in different formation of infantry maybe add a pathfinding motion of things such as oblique attack or hammer and anvil kind of thing rather than ordering the coprs and another coprs to hammer and anvil yes thier echelon left and right refused but it dosent really do anytihng unless u ask a neigboring corps to do the anvil.

Sepeaking of regiments I hardly see any diference in solo mode the diferences between the faction maybe its different in multiplayer im not sure its just that sometimes I win just asking evry coprs to attack all at the same time in a general direction of the enemy

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : Re : the attacking AI stopping short of its objectives.
« Réponse #4 le: 21 juin 2011, 12:09:19 pm »
It would be a good improvement if the IA will handle multiple fights, actually each regiment has his target and nobody could interfer in this "duel" because the fight are programmed at a regiment level and not at a corps level.

Now imagine if with the 1/1 scale if one corps of 20.000 men could engage  in the same time anoter corps of 20.000 men, it would be epic to see this line of fire and the battlefiel would be under a smoke cloud like in the reality.

Hors ligne Ifail

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #5 le: 22 juin 2011, 11:02:07 am »
Yes it would be nice to see 1.1 ratio but maybe add another  orders for the ai to use 2 or more cops attacking same time