Auteur Sujet: First screenshots....Infantry  (Lu 82438 fois)

Hors ligne kiva

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • Sans peur et sans reproche
Re : First screenshots....Infantry
« Réponse #150 le: 16 juillet 2011, 13:50:43 pm »
Héhé  :D Très joli tout ça  ;)
Nous atteignons une autre dimension...

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #151 le: 16 juillet 2011, 16:31:26 pm »
Le tour II du tournoi n'en sera que plus intense avec des "vrais morceaux" de bataille Napoléonienne!  ;)

Hors ligne Belliard

• Général de Division
  • Semper heroicus
« Réponse #152 le: 17 juillet 2011, 14:06:25 pm »
Le tour II du tournoi n'en sera que plus intense avec des "vrais morceaux" de bataille Napoléonienne!  ;)

Pour sur !! l'immersion par la vision 3D sera un vrais régal....

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #153 le: 17 juillet 2011, 20:50:46 pm »
Thanks Count looks cool, i think we need 15k sattelite map with all redoubts, villages, woods etc!!!!! :D
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : First screenshots....Infantry
« Réponse #154 le: 17 juillet 2011, 22:39:31 pm »
as requested a couple of screenshots taken from the Battle of Borodino:

I decided to show one action only at this time: the attack on les fleches:
this is a fictional deployment (as I'll post a screenshot for all historically deployed battles after I have finished them all :) )
but it shows you that the Russian starting positions are actually where they should be, occupying the field fortifications.

first screenshot shows French infantry massing in front of the enemy positions to attack head on!

second screenshot shows the Russian Infantry deployed in the fortifications - artillery (not seen here) is also present with some light cavalry in support (screenshot to follow tomorrow, I was thinking of taking a few screenshots of the large cavalry engagement on the left)

3rd screenshot shows a close-up of the fort on the far left. - deployed is a Yaeger-Unit

Dear Count.
Russian redoubts(lunettes) on Borodino field was made only for artillery, infantry regiments stay between redoubts or behind, just one battalion of cover was in redoubt.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Count von Csollich

• Officier HistWar
  • Colonel
Re : Re : Re : First screenshots....Infantry
« Réponse #155 le: 17 juillet 2011, 22:43:27 pm »
Dear Count.
Russian redoubts(lunettes) on Borodino field was made only for artillery, infantry regiments stay between redoubts or behind, just one battalion of cover was in redoubt.

yes, I know :) - but with the request for pictures - I just put in some infantry there to give the impression on how forts look like with infantry as well  looks more impressive doesn't it? :D (with arty only it looks rather empty as we can't put a single battalion in there... :s)

in the historical version there won't be any infantry in les fleches nor in the grand redoubt.... - I even picked the specific batteries :) - courtesy of the war archives
"parcere subiectis et debellare superbos", Vergil

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Re : Re : First screenshots....Infantry
« Réponse #156 le: 18 juillet 2011, 17:13:42 pm »
yes, I know :) - but with the request for pictures - I just put in some infantry there to give the impression on how forts look like with infantry as well  looks more impressive doesn't it? :D (with arty only it looks rather empty as we can't put a single battalion in there... :s)

in the historical version there won't be any infantry in les fleches nor in the grand redoubt.... - I even picked the specific batteries :) - courtesy of the war archives

How many redoubts you planed to add on field?

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #157 le: 26 juillet 2011, 10:38:47 am »
Des nouvelles sur le prochain patch?/Any news on the next patch?

Hors ligne gazfun

• Chevalier d'HistWar
  • Modérateur
  • Colonel
  • Avartar
    • The Generals HQ
Re : Re : First screenshots....Infantry
« Réponse #158 le: 29 juillet 2011, 12:26:06 pm »
couldn't resist to post a last one for the night:

infantry forming up to attack the enemy positions: skirmishers are deployed up front with 2 bataillons formed en ligne with the other 4 behind in column....

second one shows that the commanding French Marèchal simply couldn't wait for his infantry to launch the attack and therefor had to send in his supporting light cavalry first to attempt of clearing some of these guns off the ridge! - Brave but foolish (if you had seen what I just saw :D)
So when is this happening?
Pity for some reason I cant load this.........damm! :x

« Modifié: 06 août 2011, 04:04:33 am par gazfun »
Write your own History!

Online most times @Skype "The Generals HQ or gazfun. Friday 1900hrs +10 GMT join us if you can!
http://www.thegeneralshq.org
http://www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/board,118.0.html
Histwar Les Grognards beta tester