Auteur Sujet: Hello  (Lu 6972 fois)

Hors ligne Nikolaj

• Soldat
Hello
« le: 31 mai 2011, 22:30:49 pm »
Hello Everyone

So I finally cracked and bought Histwar. I was planning on waiting untill after my exams, but I think I'll be able to squeeze in a few hours with the game before then. :)

I already know that people here are helpful, which is good, since I'll probably need help figuring out how the game works. :D

Btw, the installation guide says that it's a good idea to save Key.hw file, so I can copy it into the histwar folder if I ever need to reinstall the game. Is there any particular reason why I can't just enter the serial key again?

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Hello
« Réponse #1 le: 31 mai 2011, 23:15:09 pm »
Nikolaj, glad you took the plunge.  Over at NBC (Link below my Signature) we fight Multiplayer Campaign Battles and PBEM Battles.  One of the best ways to learn the game  is doing the Tutorials over and over again.  However 1 vs 1 multiplayer using XFire voice coms, is probably the best and fastest learning tool I know. It gives you the ability to ask and get answers in "Real Time" with an experienced player guiding you.  We regularly have training Battles and if you would like to set one up please email me at

ajlewisbrookes4@comcast.net

Hors ligne Nikolaj

• Soldat
Re : Re : Hello
« Réponse #2 le: 31 mai 2011, 23:32:08 pm »
Nikolaj, glad you took the plunge.  Over at NBC (Link below my Signature) we fight Multiplayer Campaign Battles and PBEM Battles.  One of the best ways to learn the game  is doing the Tutorials over and over again.  However 1 vs 1 multiplayer using XFire voice coms, is probably the best and fastest learning tool I know. It gives you the ability to ask and get answers in "Real Time" with an experienced player guiding you.  We regularly have training Battles and if you would like to set one up please email me at

ajlewisbrookes4@comcast.net

Thanks a lot for the offer AJ, I will definitely take you up on that, once my schedule clears up a little bit. For now, I'm just playing around a little bit, while browsing through the manual. In a few weeks to a month, I should have more time to invest in the game.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Hello
« Réponse #3 le: 01 juin 2011, 00:09:08 am »
We generally start battles at around 1400/1600 hrs gmt and we fight almost all days of the week. For training battles I like to use the Montebello Scenario, it's well balanced and not to big and it usually only takes a couple of hours. Xfire is the Voice Comms system of choice at NBC and we have our own Lobby, a cheap headset with Mic works well

Xfire setup screen by screen here: http://napbc.freeforums.org/xfire-official-comms-system-for-nbc-t2118-10.html  (near the bottom)

And here is the Port Forwarding & Firewall walkthrough
www.histwar.org/forum/index.php/topic,6051.0.html