Auteur Sujet: Question to Nix.  (Lu 39833 fois)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #45 le: 18 octobre 2011, 16:43:17 pm »
Fantastic work!!!

But i want to ask, why some of izba house have blue color???

And what map you use to test?
« Modifié: 18 octobre 2011, 17:49:12 pm par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #46 le: 19 octobre 2011, 14:09:17 pm »
Hi Jacquinot, good question... the 'blue one is a barn (see photo v1 previously)and should be darker brown/black and is so in my texturemaps. The test of the buildings was on your borodino map which i downloaded some time ago and which i have in the V2g installation of HW. The default gamma for that map and game combination gives very dark screenshots which i have to correct with levels  in photoshop. This distorts the colour a bit (hence the blueish tone). It should be ok as the texture map colours are correct.

Ill send you the files tomorrow for you to test out before i put them in the depot.
« Modifié: 19 octobre 2011, 14:15:19 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #47 le: 19 octobre 2011, 15:51:25 pm »
Thank you Nix, i be waiting the files!!! :)

You test on this map?
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #48 le: 20 octobre 2011, 15:16:00 pm »
No i tested on this one with 4 hamlets and 1 borodino

The files for the three models : Borodino, an izba village and an izba hamlet can be downloaded for you to test here:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3209874/borodinomod-zip-october-20-2011-2-04-pm-7-4-meg?da=y

Please read both read me files!

I will be interested to hear if the files slow the program significantly? If they give any problems with your version of HW? Or Map Editor?

Here is a screenshot of the new izba village   and a couple of the fire and snow states of Borodino and the hamlet....

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #49 le: 20 octobre 2011, 15:24:32 pm »
Here is a close up of the izba village.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #50 le: 20 octobre 2011, 17:12:25 pm »
Excellent Sir Nix...
I have to understand why the ground is constant for the village.. very curious  :p
JMM

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #51 le: 20 octobre 2011, 18:18:05 pm »
Thanks Nix for your hard work!
Well, i take your files today and adaptet MadRussian Mod for new buildings and my Borodino map for new buildings, so i have some resoult:

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #52 le: 20 octobre 2011, 18:24:04 pm »
I change ground texture in village on dirt because in Russian villages we still don't have block pavement :p, only dirt or asphalt.

All looks fine but in game one of the houses in Borodino have no roof, but in map editor all looks fine. It is very strange bug!

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #53 le: 20 octobre 2011, 19:44:57 pm »
Some action

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #54 le: 21 octobre 2011, 10:56:32 am »
Looks good with the new ground texture! Which file are you modding for the ground texture?

Interesting that the first screenshot has all buildings present but all the later ones have missing buildings.  Are they all in the same GUI or was the first captured in the old GUI?

I notice quite a few buildings have gone missing as well as the roof of the house in the south west corner. I wonder if that is because we have reached some limit on the number of objects which can be rendered by the HistWar engine in the 3d view?

can you post an aerial view which shows all the town? Just to see how many have disappeared.

Is the Village and hamlet ok with your new ground texture, or are there missing bits for those too?

The first screenshot has a nice brightness and contrast for the buildings but the remaining ones look rather too grey compared to the environment: why might that be? I have found that sometimes the bump map can make my buildings too dark. You might try replacing the bump maps 0000B.dds etc with these which I made with an improved technique:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3212300/betterbumps-zip-october-21-2011-1-34-pm-1-2-meg?da=y

« Modifié: 21 octobre 2011, 14:58:21 pm par nix »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #55 le: 21 octobre 2011, 14:48:40 pm »
The dissapearing houses in Borodino are the last objects in the list of objects in the file 05.x2. This makes me think they are being dropped when RAM is full (perhaps?).

I f the dissapearence of houses from the 3d view of Borodino is due to limitation of rendering or RAM i may revert to an earlier model in which all the houses in Borodino are of the same, one object, type so that if they dissapear the whole house goes not just a part of it, that way it wont  look so bad....

If the problem occurs for the hamlet or village it will be more difficult as most of the houses are two or three object constructions...
« Modifié: 21 octobre 2011, 14:54:24 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #56 le: 21 octobre 2011, 18:01:55 pm »
Looks good with the new ground texture! Which file are you modding for the ground texture?

Interesting that the first screenshot has all buildings present but all the later ones have missing buildings.  Are they all in the same GUI or was the first captured in the old GUI?

I notice quite a few buildings have gone missing as well as the roof of the house in the south west corner. I wonder if that is because we have reached some limit on the number of objects which can be rendered by the HistWar engine in the 3d view?

can you post an aerial view which shows all the town? Just to see how many have disappeared.

Is the Village and hamlet ok with your new ground texture, or are there missing bits for those too?

The first screenshot has a nice brightness and contrast for the buildings but the remaining ones look rather too grey compared to the environment: why might that be? I have found that sometimes the bump map can make my buildings too dark. You might try replacing the bump maps 0000B.dds etc with these which I made with an improved technique:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3212300/betterbumps-zip-october-21-2011-1-34-pm-1-2-meg?da=y

1) I moding 06B 07B and 05B dds files in T_Base folder.

2) All captures in new GUI but first in map editor.

3) Missing bits only in Borodino.

4) I think only wether and time can change brightness of buildings/
« Modifié: 21 octobre 2011, 18:05:36 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #57 le: 21 octobre 2011, 18:47:08 pm »
With new bumpmaps looks better.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #58 le: 21 octobre 2011, 19:32:45 pm »
Sturm of Borodino with new bumpmaps

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #59 le: 21 octobre 2011, 20:00:42 pm »
If you play in 1024 on 768 regime, you can see on one house more. :?