Auteur Sujet: Question to Nix.  (Lu 40208 fois)

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #30 le: 11 octobre 2011, 10:42:44 am »
 :cry: I have tried various ways around the problem but the Histwar map editor keeps rejecting my completed models but accepts the partially completed ones. I may have to simplify the model considerably to make it work, which will be a shame. I have asked JMM for advice. In the mean time the untextured completed model can be downloaded in .x format Here:

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3191121/finchurch1-x-october-11-2011-9-30-am-294k?da=y

You can view it in DirectXViewer and spin it in 3d. I think I will need to wait for JMM's comments before I can make more progress on this....

:idea: I may in the meantime try a really simplified model where the detail of the porch,steps and under bellfry are not modelled but are just drawn on simple cubic blocks and bump mapped; from a distance they will look the same but will reduce the computation Histwar has to do...
« Modifié: 11 octobre 2011, 11:32:16 am par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #31 le: 11 octobre 2011, 13:02:44 pm »
:idea: I may in the meantime try a really simplified model where the detail of the porch,steps and under bellfry are not modelled but are just drawn on simple cubic blocks and bump mapped; from a distance they will look the same but will reduce the computation Histwar has to do...

If we don't have another way, why not. :|
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #32 le: 15 octobre 2011, 14:31:22 pm »
 :) Well I have discovered what the limit of the program is for complex models. So now I have made some progress! I have produced two models: one of Borodino Village and another of a general village of izba houses. I still have to do some modification to the latter to get some variety into the look of the buildings. The Borodino model is complete but I still have to make the fire dammaged and snow bound skins. In the meantime here are some screenshots from the model in spring LGDN: :D

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #33 le: 15 octobre 2011, 15:55:15 pm »
Congratulations  :!: :!: :!:
A really amazing realisation, so all dreams may come true now, just ask the Wizard  ;)
Oster

Ps:  What about the Porte de Brandebourg for a défilé in Berlin....or Kremlin in Moscow burning :mrgreen:
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #34 le: 15 octobre 2011, 16:31:52 pm »
Good work!  ;)

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #35 le: 15 octobre 2011, 17:17:07 pm »
Thanks Nix for your nice work  ;)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #36 le: 16 octobre 2011, 18:45:54 pm »
Nix you my personal hero!!!
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #37 le: 17 octobre 2011, 17:27:49 pm »
I finish my Borodino scenario, need to add this buildings on map!!! :p

Hors ligne Théodoricus

• Major
« Réponse #38 le: 17 octobre 2011, 18:25:06 pm »
Congratulations, Nix. I followed this thread from the beginning.
That's very good work, especially the izba houses for other battles of the Russia's Campaign in 1812.

Théo
« Modifié: 17 octobre 2011, 20:37:28 pm par Théodoricus »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #39 le: 18 octobre 2011, 12:44:14 pm »
Thanks for the cheers :D.

I have finished two models which have now been tested on the Borodino Map and a number of annoying glitches removed. I will upload them once i have finished the fire dammaged skins (not a big job). They will provide the Town of Borodino (on the Chateaux model base) and a hamlet model to replace the four N.European hamlets currently used...

Some screenshots of the town of Borodino on the satellite battlefield map are shown below. We are approaching up the western slope;the view seen by the attack columns of Eugene...

« Modifié: 18 octobre 2011, 12:51:54 pm par nix »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #40 le: 18 octobre 2011, 12:47:35 pm »
...cont:

The French take the town... The eastern approaches of the counterattack...and the view of the town from the Raevsky redoubt

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #41 le: 18 octobre 2011, 12:50:03 pm »
The Izba hamlet :

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #42 le: 18 octobre 2011, 12:50:47 pm »
Wonderful Nix.
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne oster1815

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #43 le: 18 octobre 2011, 15:21:16 pm »
A real artist's work , deserving three cheers  :lol: :lol: :lol:  and a Medal  :!:

I hope this will be incorporated in the corpus of HW to be used by everyone without fuss ....

Thanks,
Oster
Si tu veux la PAIX, connais la GUERRE  !  Gaston Bouthoul

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
« Réponse #44 le: 18 octobre 2011, 16:25:50 pm »
After the excellent modding of MadRussian for the units, we have another great modder for the buildings!

I can't wait!  ;)