Auteur Sujet: Question to Nix.  (Lu 39831 fois)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Question to Nix.
« le: 24 avril 2011, 05:55:47 am »
Hello Nix.
I want ask you one question, it is possible for you to create some historical buildings for Borodino scenario?
1. Create church of "Christmas" in Borodino village - just one eyewitness of Borodino battle now.
2. Change buildings in hamlets and villages on Russian "izba" house.
« Modifié: 24 avril 2011, 05:57:43 am par Jacquinot »
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #1 le: 24 avril 2011, 10:12:26 am »
Another photo of church of "Christmas" made in 1912 year, you can see hole from French cannonball  on the cupola.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #2 le: 03 octobre 2011, 15:59:32 pm »
Sorry for the long delay in replying, i just noticed this thread as i was enquiring if anyone had made the borodino church yet!  It would be possible to do it, i have a few photographs from google earth of the church from different sides. i have been trying to put together a mini tutorial on modding buildings for Histwar as i have had a few enquiries from Andrea who is trying to making gemincourt farm for quatre bras at the moment.  If no one else has done the church yet i may have a go...

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Question to Nix.
« Réponse #3 le: 03 octobre 2011, 16:10:07 pm »
Sorry for the long delay in replying, i just noticed this thread as i was enquiring if anyone had made the borodino church yet!  It would be possible to do it, i have a few photographs from google earth of the church from different sides. i have been trying to put together a mini tutorial on modding buildings for Histwar as i have had a few enquiries from Andrea who is trying to making gemincourt farm for quatre bras at the moment.  If no one else has done the church yet i may have a go...

I confirm, no one else not done the chourch, only you can do this Nix, it was fantastic if you can do this and maybe you can do some izba house to add in map editor.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #4 le: 03 octobre 2011, 16:59:40 pm »
I give it a go then! :D I will make a russian village with the izba houses and the church.

I am still making enquiries about the best way to add new buildings to the list within the game but I guess the same method of substitution used for hougoumont etc will work in the meantime.
« Modifié: 03 octobre 2011, 17:02:50 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #5 le: 03 octobre 2011, 17:11:30 pm »
Russian izba at Borodino field in Gorki village where was command point of general Kutuzov, photos make in 1901year.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #6 le: 03 octobre 2011, 17:15:49 pm »
Excellent! Thanks for posting the images. Do you know if these were also the sort of dwellings in Borodino village near to the church?

Hors ligne bibouba

• Officier d'HistWar : Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Général de Brigade
  • Henri Gratien Comte BERTRAND
« Réponse #7 le: 03 octobre 2011, 18:50:30 pm »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #8 le: 03 octobre 2011, 19:26:40 pm »
Excellent! Thanks for posting the images. Do you know if these were also the sort of dwellings in Borodino village near to the church?

At #5 you can see church of "Christmas" in Borodino village but in back plan, i think no special buildings around church just izba houses, but i try to find some information.

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #9 le: 03 octobre 2011, 19:50:32 pm »
I found good Russian plan with Church and izba houses around and don't forget all Russian churches have cemetry yard near church.
« Modifié: 03 octobre 2011, 19:52:06 pm par Jacquinot »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #10 le: 04 octobre 2011, 12:28:53 pm »
Good stuff, i also found this

http://www.xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/borodino/bordio3xx.htm

which shows a diorama with the correct church orientation (which is 180deg from that found in the Lordz mod Napoleonic Total War 2.1 Borodino scenario by the way!)
« Modifié: 04 octobre 2011, 13:08:52 pm par nix »

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #11 le: 04 octobre 2011, 16:07:10 pm »
Good stuff, i also found this

http://www.xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/borodino/bordio3xx.htm

which shows a diorama with the correct church orientation (which is 180deg from that found in the Lordz mod Napoleonic Total War 2.1 Borodino scenario by the way!)

This diorama coincide with my map.

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #12 le: 05 octobre 2011, 11:28:22 am »
Another great resource for Russian photos from 1912 and in colour

http://prokudin-gorsky.org/card.php?lang=en&photos_id=910

showing the Borodino Church from a distance (looking to the east from the west i think), There are good pictures of typical village buildings around a church too which i have attached from this same resource.
« Modifié: 05 octobre 2011, 11:30:54 am par nix »

Hors ligne nix

• Officier d'HistWar
  • Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #13 le: 05 octobre 2011, 12:10:09 pm »
The 1999 state of the Borodino church differs from 1912 and 2005 (see attached photo) This was the form moddeled by the Lordz modding collective for thier execllent Borodino Scenario in Napoleonic Total War 2.1.

Does any one know what the state was in 1812? Since the stone pillars and woodenwalkways of the 1999 state have now been removed i assume they were later additions. is this so?

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #14 le: 05 octobre 2011, 16:04:30 pm »
1) Church in 1911year.

2) Church in 1960 year.

3) Church in 1962 year.

4) Church in 2002 year.

As you can see stone pillars and woodenwalkways was build in 1962 at restoration, we don't see them in 1960 and in 1911 and they be removed at restoration in 2002. I try to find information about this, but now i found nothing.
« Modifié: 05 octobre 2011, 16:28:52 pm par Jacquinot »