Auteur Sujet: New to Histwar  (Lu 3784 fois)

Hors ligne Fjell75

• Soldat
New to Histwar
« le: 23 mars 2011, 18:42:40 pm »
Hi!
First off I want to say that this game is fantastic! Just the kind of game I've been looking for. :)

Tried it for some days now, and of course I had to play with FOW and orders delay. Grognards.
I started on Grand Champ battle earlier today.
Great fun, but I have some questions:
1. Orders - I noticed to my irritation that none of my orders given to my reserve corps were taking place?!? Can that have sth to do with Aides of Champ? The plan comes up on the 2D view, but then, after the estimated timer for the order to take place is over nothing happens. When switching to the old UI all of the orders happened. Can this be coinsidence?

2. I had one of my corps in defensive line, and an enemy rgt. suddenly appeared behind it. (Must have been one of the fleeing austrian rgt. that had rallied behind my lines). It approaced one of my elite rgts (Guard) from behind but my rgt doesnt do a thing!?! The austrians shoot at my rgt and soon the guards routs. Is this a bug or just bad AI? Would it helped if I manually turned the rgt around myself?

Beside of that the AI is brilliant most of the time.

Thank you for any answer and for a wonderful game :)

Anders - Norway

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : New to Histwar
« Réponse #1 le: 23 mars 2011, 19:08:31 pm »
THX...

That said, there are some bad behaviors in the last version and I am trying to fix these issues.
Sometimes, the problem is I added a new bugs after fixing one or two ones... Not the best!
For example, sometimes, the AI makes a mistake during the management of the advance of the front line.. and the Corps doesn't move!
I am trying to find the cause before fixing this huge problem. This problem didn't exist in the first versions but the control wasn't always fine.

Sorry for this issues. I hope all will be deleted before 2 months. I'll only work on these bad behaviors and the AIs

JMM

Hors ligne Fjell75

• Soldat
« Réponse #2 le: 23 mars 2011, 19:14:52 pm »
Thank you for the quick answer.

I know everything is in safe hands, mate  :D

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #3 le: 23 mars 2011, 19:34:14 pm »
I have a think! Maybe we need good regimental AI, and other things we can do with micromanagment.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #4 le: 24 mars 2011, 11:41:44 am »
When switching to the old UI all of the orders happened. Can this be coinsidence?

At NBC we have noticed this too.  The great thing about the new GUI is you can toggle back and forth using "G".  In MP Battles I give all my Corp Orders in the old GUI and roam the battlefield etc... with the new GUI.

Fjell75, check out our MP/PBEM Campaign at NBC

Hors ligne Fjell75

• Soldat
Re : Re : New to Histwar
« Réponse #5 le: 24 mars 2011, 13:04:52 pm »
At NBC we have noticed this too.  The great thing about the new GUI is you can toggle back and forth using "G".  In MP Battles I give all my Corp Orders in the old GUI and roam the battlefield etc... with the new GUI.

Fjell75, check out our MP/PBEM Campaign at NBC

Thank you! Will do that :)

Hors ligne Fjell75

• Soldat
« Réponse #6 le: 24 mars 2011, 13:34:00 pm »
BTW I had a blast playing Waterloo mod -  as Ney (corps commander) at Quatre Bas. The AI here was fantastic. At one point in the battle some Scottish  infantry was trying to flank one of my positions and my infantry retreated just to meat this flanking maneuver :) I really liked what I saw.
So all in all the AI works better than many other games.