New GUI
« le: 09 mars 2011, 23:24:26 pm »
What do you think about this new GUI ?

JMM

Hors ligne thilio

• Général de Brigade
Re : New GUI
« Réponse #1 le: 09 mars 2011, 23:38:37 pm »
New GUI is very innovative in several aspects like hierarchy, fusion of 2D/3D,...
But some informations are less easy to find compared to the previous GUI for a selected unit : value, ammunition, formation,...
The new GUI looks a little too "technical" or "modern" and less "pictorial"  ;)

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #2 le: 10 mars 2011, 00:06:07 am »
I do like the way it looks, more modern, but I don't understand it all yet, I will use it, but I'm not convinced it displays the information any better than before.

I always liked the old one, I saw no reason to change it, it seemed excellent to me, but I understand many people wanted something a bit "better" graphics wise.

When I hover the mouse over a unit I don't see any ammo figures, very important information not displayed when it was before ?????.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #3 le: 10 mars 2011, 01:57:15 am »
I like the 2d/3d fusion but I haven't put a lot of time trying it yet

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #4 le: 10 mars 2011, 06:41:30 am »
I play still with old version until i understand the new commands.
New version is very good for many things (fusion 2d/3d very immersive) and great vision.
For me too big changes in commands,perhaps better more soft.

In practice I would have kept old commands (more speed and clear) until possible,but all above to permit a great vision.
« Modifié: 10 mars 2011, 07:49:37 am par Alfiere »
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne glaude1955

• Major
« Réponse #5 le: 10 mars 2011, 08:06:05 am »
Je pratique de même, c'est-à-dire que je reste en version 2 grâce à la touche G.
Mes remarques sur la nouvelle version.
Tout changement d'interface mérite des explications. Le joueur est perdu dans toutes ces nouveautés. J'ai enfin compris comment donner des ordres mais en tâtonnant. De l'information, il nous faut de l'information au risque de bouder les nouveautés que nous ne comprenons pas.
Il faudrait appliquer des aides visuelles qui s'afficheraient lors du passage du curseur de la souris sur les icones.
L'information dans le petit carré en haut à droite est trop restrictive à mon goût personnel (j'ai bien écrit à mon goût personnel).
Le nom du commandant du régiment a disparu ainsi que les appartenances (Brigade, Division, Corps).
Si le nom du régiment est trop long, le petit point statut gêne la lecture malgré la RC2.
A la place de tous les petits rectangles qui n'évoquent rien pour moi, ne pourrait on pas retrouver les mêmes renseignements que sur la version 2 ?
L'idée d'avoir remonté les panneaux d'information de l'interface est très bonne, elle permet une meilleure vision du champ de bataille (possible également dans l'ancienne à l'aide de la touche Tabulation mais sans "infos")
Supprimer les icones centrales représentant les différents Corps et unités est bienvenu car je ne m'en servais pas. Cela limitait le champ de vision pour rien.
Le panneau Hiérarchie est une bonne idée mais dans l'état actuel, je suis incapable (mais cela peut provenir de moi) de comprendre les icones au premier coup d'œil. Le tableau n'est visuellement pas "parlant" à mon humble avis.
Un bon point l'icône sauvegarde qui évite de sortir de la partie.
Reste à supprimer la sauvegarde automatique lors de la sortie ou du moins de proposer une option du style "Voulez-vous sauvegarder votre partie ?"
Cela éviterait le nombre  important de sauvegardes contenues dans le répertoire Save.
Je n'apprécie pas la transparence, je la trouve même gênante.
Si je choisis de voir la carte, c'est pour la voir en entier et avec tous les détails.
Un remède, mettre cette option dans la configuration du jeu, ainsi les joueurs n'en voulant pas n'aurait pas à modifier l'apparence à chaque nouveau jeu.

Cela étant dit, c'est une belle évolution mais qui reste à peaufiner.
Merci JMM.

I practice the same, that is to say that I remain in version 2 with the G key
My comments on the new version.
Any change interface deserves some explanation. The player is lost in all these developments. I finally figured out how to give orders but groping. Information, we need information to shun new risks that we do not understand.
Should be applied visuals that popped up during passage of the mouse cursor over icons.
The information in the small square in the upper right is too restrictive to my personal taste (I have written to my personal taste).
The name of the commander of the regiment has disappeared and memberships (Brigade, Division, Corps).
If the regiment's name is too long, the little dot playing status despite the discomfort RC2.
Instead of all the small rectangles that evoke anything for me, we could not find the same information on version 2?
The idea of having put together the information panels of the interface is very good, it allows a better view of the battlefield (also available in the former by using the Tab key, but without "info")
Remove the central icons representing different Corps and units is welcome because I do not use it. This limited field of view for nothing.
Hierarchy panel is a good idea but in its current state, I am unable (but this can come from me) to understand the icons at first glance. The picture is visually not "speaking" in my humble opinion.
A good idea is the icon backup  that avoids the out of the game.
It remains to delete the autosave on exit or at least offer an option like "Do you want to save your game?"
This would avoid the large number of saves contained in the directory Save.
I do not like transparency, I find it very annoying.
If I choose to see the map, it's to view in full and with all the details.
A remedy is to put this option in the configuration of the game, so players would not wanting to change the appearance of each new game

That said, it's a nice development but that remains to refine.
JMM thank you.

« Modifié: 10 mars 2011, 08:20:14 am par glaude1955 »

Hors ligne told

• Soldat
« Réponse #6 le: 12 mars 2011, 11:20:50 am »
Hi.

I like it, but it needs a lot of work to run properly.

Regards

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : New GUI
« Réponse #7 le: 12 mars 2011, 11:23:58 am »
Hi.

I like it, but it needs a lot of work to run properly.

Regards

Yes  :smile: Could you add some comments  ;)
It's better if I have to improve it... New version very soon!

JMM

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #8 le: 12 mars 2011, 11:59:55 am »
I think that we all must remember that this is a Beta Version and it's release provides a lot of feedback for the Final.