Auteur Sujet: Patch 03a (RC1)  (Lu 19941 fois)

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #15 le: 09 mars 2011, 00:32:30 am »
Ha, I get it now. There is no ART bug. The problem is that when we click on this button, the GUI "jumps up" immediately to the main set of buttons, and I was not seeing the red button. Nevertheless maybe some indication on the unit card on the right about the status of the AI would be useful (like in the old version, maybe ?)

ok!
To be clear, I have some questions in my mind...
For example, after clicking on some buttons, it's clear the best is to come back to the main set of icons.
For other ones, no sure! I am waiting for your suggestion.

To me, it is just a matter of convenience. The number of clicks is the same, but in the old interface the contextual menu appears right beside the unit, we just have to make minimal mouse movements to get the job done, it just seems easier than having to go to the button bar to give an order to the unit...
I hope I am being clear. It is possible also that this is just a matter of time until I get used to the new GUI.

Regards

OK.. clear for me too. For example, I had a question about that when I made the GUI...
"Maybe it's a good thing if I display the set of icons close the position where the cursor was?"
I can try to do that!

Hors ligne Darsh

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Général de Brigade
  • 1re Division de Cavalerie
Re : Re : Re : Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #16 le: 09 mars 2011, 04:35:26 am »
ok!
To be clear, I have some questions in my mind...
For example, after clicking on some buttons, it's clear the best is to come back to the main set of icons.
For other ones, no sure! I am waiting for your suggestion.

OK.. clear for me too. For example, I had a question about that when I made the GUI...
"Maybe it's a good thing if I display the set of icons close the position where the cursor was?"
I can try to do that!

Yes, it would be an excellent idea.
Perhaps we could use more representative icons to represent the orders, like a sword icon for the attack order, a shield for the defence order, a canon for the bombard order etc.

Nobody

• Invité
Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #17 le: 09 mars 2011, 06:04:21 am »
Thanks for Update

Small Issue to Note.

Please look at Edges on the 2D Map elements (11_vigne.dds, 12_plan.dds, 09_foret.dds,  10_bois.dds, ..) drawn on the 2D map. These are bleeding through and causing unintended transparency.   This is happening on 2D Map and the Mini Map. However it does not happen when I bring up Status Map.

Hors ligne oho

• Chef de Bataillon
« Réponse #18 le: 09 mars 2011, 08:42:09 am »
Hi JMM,
Sorry for stating a critique at first, it looks very nice and the hierarchy is also a good way to get an overview.
thanks for listening to us :D:
"OK.. clear for me too. For example, I had a question about that when I made the GUI...
I can try to do that!"
That would be great. It's the moving of the mouse that's much easier then and sometimes it's not so easy to find the way back to the unit you just ordered. Also: when I'm in the hierarchy, select a unit/corps and jump back to F2 view, the mouse should be on the unit, so I just have to click without moving the mouse and give the orders.

About the representation of the number of men of a unit I have a suggestion, maybe it's not too difficult and would give a really big improvement, because I see the strength of a unit with one view:
How about light colouring of the squares (in the hierarchy, maybe in F2-view too)  or an aditional collumn left or right of the square filled from bottom up with increments of for erxample 100 men rounded, up to 20 steps max for inf.. That means smallest column would just be a little strip which means up to 150, from 150 - 250 it would 2, half full would represent 950 - 1150 and full square or column woud be from 1950 to very big. Cav units have smaller numbers for one step (50?) and Arti units 1 cannon per step.
And another question:
Could we have the F1-Hierarchy somehow in the old gui if you can't change mouse behaviour.

Last question: Did you change something elso with the patch like great AI?
Thanks al lot!

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #19 le: 09 mars 2011, 09:04:35 am »
I am very curious to try new patch.
Only a question:
There are some problems with PBEM in progress  or to load old sav files?
Someone has tried?
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #20 le: 09 mars 2011, 09:16:39 am »
I am very curious to try new patch.
Only a question:
There are some problems with PBEM in progress  or to load old sav files?
Someone has tried?

I noticed no problems loading sav files (solo mode)

Hors ligne Alfiere

• Général de Brigade
« Réponse #21 le: 09 mars 2011, 11:52:46 am »
I have installed.
Very immersive !!!,very fine.
I have to understand the new icons of commands.
Very good idea with G for new and old interface,to let the time to learn new interface.
Good idea remove old consolle for great panorama.
Danube camp - 3rd Coaltion camp

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #22 le: 09 mars 2011, 19:48:57 pm »
Green arrow "move buttom" for corps not work, its only my problem or anybody have similar trouble?
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #23 le: 09 mars 2011, 23:11:41 pm »
Green arrow "move buttom" for corps not work, its only my problem or anybody have similar trouble?

Right... My mistake  :oops:
Fixed for the next patch 03a (RC3)... probably before the end of this week!

JMM

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
Re : Re : Re : Patch 03a (RC1)
« Réponse #24 le: 10 mars 2011, 16:15:08 pm »
Right... My mistake  :oops:
Fixed for the next patch 03a (RC3)... probably before the end of this week!

JMM

Thanks JMM.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."