Auteur Sujet: System Specs  (Lu 6584 fois)

Hors ligne TheGrayMouser

• Soldat
System Specs
« le: 29 novembre 2010, 01:21:32 am »
Hello, dont know how this game fell off my radar , but I have stumbled my way in here and been spending the last hour or two reading the on line manuals/ docterines etc and and i am quite impressed!  Seems too good to be true that such a game exists, which might be true for me because i have a pretty old PC :(

So I get the feel from reading thru the posts that this is a relativley low requirement game but this is what I got:

xp sp3
2.66 Pent 4
2 gb ram
Gforce 7600 Gs (agp slot)

I always assumed my graphic card might be a weeklink but now im thinkin processor...  However It seems people are playing this on laptops so...

Anyways, any opinions how I'll fare w the above specs?  Would like to enjoy the game and be battling the enemy , not battling choppyness, lag or computer catching on  fire,  cheers!

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : System Specs
« Réponse #1 le: 29 novembre 2010, 02:09:03 am »
There are better qualified than me but I think you just about scrape in.

Believe it or not, it's not too good to be true. It is every thing we Gronards have dreamed of since our childhood with lead soldiers.
It is rich, intuitive, always different, in short a realistic Napoleonic simulator rather than a game.
Look in at NBC where we fight MP battles almost daily. :D :D
« Modifié: 29 novembre 2010, 02:51:51 am par ajlewisbrookes »

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #2 le: 29 novembre 2010, 02:19:35 am »
Seems too good to be true that such a game exists, which might be true for me because i have a pretty old PC :
So I get the feel from reading thru the posts that this is a relativley low requirement game but this is what I got:
xp sp3
2.66 Pent 4
2 gb ram
I always assumed my graphic card might be a weeklink but now im thinkin processor...  However It seems people are playing this on laptops so...
Anyways, any opinions how I'll fare w the above specs?  Would like to enjoy the game and be battling the enemy , not battling choppyness, lag or computer catching on  fire,  cheers!

Hi,
Configuration no really bad and I think HW:LG can run on your PC... but the best is to try the demo.
Take a look at: http://www.histwar.com/game/demo.html

JMM

Hors ligne TheGrayMouser

• Soldat
« Réponse #3 le: 29 novembre 2010, 05:04:53 am »
Thanks for the quick reponse guys.

Trying the demo was of course the obvious thing to do, yet i have had demos in the past give false leads, at least in regards to performance.

Anyways downloaded the demo and kept the default setings and appears to be a go!  (of course will see how thing procede in larger battles)

I must say I am quite overwhlemed by the depth!  Ist time i actually needed to follow along with the tutorial step by step, and still hit  a major stumbling block.   I got to the point where i gave my orders, double checked the orders were given and hit the P key to watch em move out to the village... And they all proceded to go in the opposite direction!   I couldnt get the buggers under orders again and so restarted the tutorial and the same thing happned....  I finally figured out the problem though... I have a tendency to click/double click on units, unit cards etc to get a feel for how thing work (as opposed to reading the instructions lol)  and what I was inadvertantly doing was somehow givng St Cyr the "surrender command"   Ha ha , perhaps it should be a little harder to surrender a commander , maybe a "are you sure" prompt :)

Anyways this looks fantastic and i wish i hadnt discovered this game so late before a long work week ahead (didnt help I was missing a dll file and took a while to get that issue resolved)   Next step is to play around with the demo a little to make sure my old dog of a pc can handle the game and then out with the credit card.

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #4 le: 29 novembre 2010, 14:44:13 pm »
I must say I am quite overwhlemed by the depth!
Everyone is to start with, best to stick to the basics for a while and not spend too much time worrying about why some things happen that you don't understan right away, mosy things do have an explanation, but it is not always easy to see it straight away. 

Work out the "controls" and go from there, a bit at a time.

Hors ligne Stebbs70

• Soldat
  • Napoleons enfant terrrible
Re : Re : System Specs
« Réponse #5 le: 07 décembre 2010, 23:10:43 pm »

Anyways this looks fantastic and i wish i hadnt discovered this game so late before a long work week ahead (didnt help I was missing a dll file and took a while to get that issue resolved)   Next step is to play around with the demo a little to make sure my old dog of a pc can handle the game and then out with the credit card.

How did you sort the missing dll file. I have just bought a brand new pc to run this game and its on dx11 and have a missing file fault too. Frustrating!! :cry:

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #6 le: 08 décembre 2010, 02:46:10 am »
How did you sort the missing dll file. I have just bought a brand new pc to run this game and its on dx11 and have a missing file fault too. Frustrating!! 

There is a.dll file in DirectX 9 that is needed, believe it or not Microsoft don't have all the old .dll's in Direct X 11.
Go here and download DirectX 9.0c End User Runtime, don't worry it doesn;t replace your DX 11 it just supplements it.
We all had this problem at some time or another.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3.

Hors ligne Stebbs70

• Soldat
  • Napoleons enfant terrrible
« Réponse #7 le: 08 décembre 2010, 22:12:02 pm »
Thanks very much just got to get the internet connection sorted now (I'm on my old laptop) and bingo!

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #8 le: 21 décembre 2010, 05:32:26 am »
I agree with AJ and JMM also mentioned the same thing to me about dx11 missing some dll files
I was missing the water in the river....after I downloaded dx9 that problem got sorted out.

Grateful for the advice AJ and JMM

:)
`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #9 le: 21 décembre 2010, 18:24:04 pm »
Hello, dont know how this game fell off my radar , but I have stumbled my way in here and been spending the last hour or two reading the on line manuals/ docterines etc and and i am quite impressed!  Seems too good to be true that such a game exists, which might be true for me because i have a pretty old PC :(

xp sp3
2.66 Pent 4
2 gb ram

Buy HistWar, if  HW dont run on yor PC - buy new PC :p
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Broadsword

• Capitaine
« Réponse #10 le: 04 mars 2011, 04:00:42 am »
I'm going to build a new gaming computer, but before I do, I want to check something here...
The motherboard supports ATI Radeon cards.
I seem to recall that HWLG had big problems with these cards in the past.
Has that been fixed? Or is the game still incompatible with them?

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re : Re : System Specs
« Réponse #11 le: 04 mars 2011, 10:44:02 am »
The motherboard supports ATI Radeon cards.
I seem to recall that HWLG had big problems with these cards in the past.
Has that been fixed? Or is the game still incompatible with them?

I don't know if all ATI cards run with HW:LG.. but I am no sure there is a problem at this day.
Maybe some players can answer for this question.

JMM

PS : right, there was an issue some months ago (grey layer on the ground)

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
Re : Re : Re : System Specs
« Réponse #12 le: 04 mars 2011, 16:42:48 pm »
I don't know if all ATI cards run with HW:LG.. but I am no sure there is a problem at this day.
Maybe some players can answer for this question.

JMM

PS : right, there was an issue some months ago (grey layer on the ground)

I can confirm I had a graphics problem with my ATI HD 5750 (gray texture on the ground), that was somehow related to the French lags flying over buildings :shock:

Anyway, this has been solved a couple of patches ago by our beloved JMM, and all I can say is that I have absolutely no graphic problems at all with my ATI card.  :smile:

Regards

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #13 le: 05 mars 2011, 00:31:42 am »
No problems with my ATI Mobility Radeon 4200 HD :D