Auteur Sujet: A couple of questions...  (Lu 5247 fois)

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
A couple of questions...
« le: 14 octobre 2003, 19:27:54 pm »
Bonsoir JMM,

A couple of questions have popped up in my mind since the last time as wrote.

Will a company of voltigers be able to detach from the regiment and form a screen of skirmishers covering the whole front of the regiment?

How do you in the 3D mode order a brigade/division to what area of the map it should march to? Or do you do this in 2D mode only?

Can you during the game switch from being Army in chief to, for instance, lead a division of the imperial guard?

As I understand morale is an important factor in the game (as it should be). How will you be able to detect a rapid drop on the morale?

That’s all for now.  8)
/Lars L.
Lars L.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
Re: A couple of questions...
« Réponse #1 le: 16 octobre 2003, 20:59:09 pm »
Citation de: "Link"
Bonsoir JMM,

Will a company of voltigers be able to detach from the regiment and form a screen of skirmishers covering the whole front of the regiment?

Yes.. You'll find this in the version 2.00 of LGAA

How do you in the 3D mode order a brigade/division to what area of the map it should march to? Or do you do this in 2D mode only?

Like LGAA 1.3! 2D or 3D mode! But if you choose the 'Only CinC' option, you have to order with the 2D map!

Can you during the game switch from being Army in chief to, for instance, lead a division of the imperial guard?

There are 3 levels:
a) Chief of army  (order to CoC) : Deploiement, Diversion, Defense, Support, Movement,
b) Commander of Corps (CoC): order to Unit: assault, movement, support, Halt (to bomb) and Resume the March of the Corps
c) Commander of Unit: organization (line, column of division, column of peleton, square, skirmish) and distance of fighting.

As I understand morale is an important factor in the game (as it should be). How will you be able to detect a rapid drop on the morale?

Yes, the morale is very important. There are two displays.. The first one is a numerical information which defines the delay before to take flight... the second one uses a flag in 3 positions...(Excellent-Good-Poor)

Soory for the delay.. I haven't seen this post :?
JMM

Lars, very nice Avatar :wink:

Hors ligne Rush

• Chevalier HistWar
  • Lieutenant
A couple of questions...
« Réponse #2 le: 16 octobre 2003, 22:02:06 pm »
I think we can safely say that Napoleonic wargaming will be in the new age...something never seen before on the PC....I for one cant wait to recraete our famous historic battles...... :ange:

S!

Martin
Rush – Baron de la Rothière

https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
A couple of questions...
« Réponse #3 le: 17 octobre 2003, 10:08:22 am »
Yes.. You'll find this in the version 2.00 of LGAA

This will be very interesting. I've never seen this been properly done in any other game.  :D

Like LGAA 1.3! 2D or 3D mode! But if you choose the 'Only CinC' option, you have to order with the 2D map!

I haven't installed LGAA 1.3 yet. Since I got a new computer I had to reinstall patch 1.2 but I've not been able to do that because I can't extract the downloaded file.

There are 3 levels:
a) Chief of army (order to CoC) : Deploiement, Diversion, Defense, Support, Movement,
b) Commander of Corps (CoC): order to Unit: assault, movement, support, Halt (to bomb) and Resume the March of the Corps
c) Commander of Unit: organization (line, column of division, column of peleton, square, skirmish) and distance of fighting.

The question remains. Can you switch between the levels during play :?:

Yes, the morale is very important. There are two displays.. The first one is a numerical information which defines the delay before to take flight... the second one uses a flag in 3 positions...(Excellent-Good-Poor)

The flag thing reminds of Breakaway games solution where the units flag dropped when the morale of the units dropped. This was a very nice feature that instantly let you know when they where in danger.

Do you have to click on the unit in "Les grognards" to see this flag?

Soory for the delay.. I haven't seen this post  

No problem. I just assumed that you was to busy. More than usual that is.  :wink:

Lars, very nice Avatar

It's thanks to Laurent Abadie. The image is from the download page on this site.  :)

I think we can safely say that Napoleonic wargaming will be in the new age...something never seen before on the PC....I for one cant wait to recraete our famous historic battles......  

S!

Martin

I agree with you Martin. It's nice with a game developer that is totally devoted to do Napoleonic games.  :D

P.S. JMM, how do you add the authors name in the quote? Like "Link wrote:".
Lars L.

Hors ligne Link

• Comte d'Hanau
  • Major
A couple of questions...
« Réponse #4 le: 19 octobre 2003, 16:35:56 pm »
Bonjour JMM,
You can disregard my third question. I found the answer in the info section of Les Grognards:
However, at every moment, you can become a chief of corps or a colonel. and take part of very close with the management of your troops...

/Lars L.
Lars L.