Auteur Sujet: The disaster of interpenetration  (Lu 2270 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
The disaster of interpenetration
« le: 02 février 2011, 14:34:39 pm »
I fought an MP the other night where two corps became mixed, and seem more or less to become seized.  Is it the experience of others that interpenetrating corps is a disaster?

Curiously I was fighting Grand Champs yesterday in Grognard mode and my CinC seemed to become stuck in the front on an artillery battery he was trying to pass through.  Only once I found a suitable alternative direction (and the battery was reduced to a single gun) could my General resume his movement.  Same thing?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : The disaster of interpenetration
« Réponse #1 le: 02 février 2011, 19:45:07 pm »
I fought an MP the other night where two corps became mixed, and seem more or less to become seized.  Is it the experience of others that interpenetrating corps is a disaster?

Curiously I was fighting Grand Champs yesterday in Grognard mode and my CinC seemed to become stuck in the front on an artillery battery he was trying to pass through.  Only once I found a suitable alternative direction (and the battery was reduced to a single gun) could my General resume his movement.  Same thing?

Yes, interpenetrating corps must be avoided at all costs. It may be fatal or at least delay your maneuvers very significantly. But I think that if you make a liaison between the corps, then they disentangle much faster. But I've still not enough evidence to corroborate this.