Auteur Sujet: Patch 02G  (Lu 6147 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Patch 02G
« le: 01 février 2011, 06:58:13 am »
Thank you very much. JMM.  This is yet another excellent addition to LG.

I really like the feature that names the unit in F4 view (or the number views).  The font and the box do not exactly match up and when this is rectified in future patches can I also suggest that it is made about 50% transparent?   I also like the little shadows on the NATO boxes (in F4) - though I'm not entirely sure if this is a 2G development.  The improvement in the font size elsewhere is appreciated. :)
« Modifié: 01 février 2011, 07:07:40 am par HarryInk »
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne lecrop

• Sergent
Re : Patch 02G
« Réponse #1 le: 01 février 2011, 10:52:42 am »
Bravo JMM! great work.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
« Réponse #2 le: 01 février 2011, 12:45:52 pm »
Thanks mate, you responded to the "Wandering Corp" with lightening speed :D :D

Hors ligne anvil

• Adjudant
« Réponse #3 le: 01 février 2011, 20:11:45 pm »
Awesome,,and thanks for the latest and greatest

anvil

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #4 le: 02 février 2011, 00:59:35 am »
Good job on the extra interface elements, in the tactical plan, F4 views, etc. ! Overflowi text boxes also seem to be corrected !

Just a quick note: Did the way the camera moves in F3 changed ? Now it seems to "hang" a bit, and when moved at top speed in one direction and abruptly stopped, it turns to the opposite direction. Also, when we change to F2 and select another point in map to go F3, the camera pans quickly all over the map (from the previous position ?) into the chosen spot.
Not sure if this is intended or was introduced i 2g, though.

Best regards

Hors ligne JCM101

• Capitaine
Re : Re : Patch 02G
« Réponse #5 le: 02 février 2011, 13:23:13 pm »
Good job on the extra interface elements, in the tactical plan, F4 views, etc. ! Overflowi text boxes also seem to be corrected !

Just a quick note: Did the way the camera moves in F3 changed ? Now it seems to "hang" a bit, and when moved at top speed in one direction and abruptly stopped, it turns to the opposite direction. Also, when we change to F2 and select another point in map to go F3, the camera pans quickly all over the map (from the previous position ?) into the chosen spot.
Not sure if this is intended or was introduced i 2g, though.

Best regards

I haven't seen this type of camera behaviour.  I found the camera went where I put it tho maybe facing in a different direction to what I would prefer (no big deal).
I am seeing other stuff - of especially dubious note is the enemy AI...or lack of it.  Seems range & recognition is seriously misinterpreted.  A step forward from no play at all but  something is broken.  
I keep wondering if I can run a debugger on the game, record the memory registers or something to help JMM track this down.  I think I have an old copy of softice somewhere....but its pre-vista.

My redmine thread -
http://comandplay.coda-cola.net/issues/1133
« Modifié: 02 février 2011, 13:25:37 pm par JCM101 »

Hors ligne bobbysocks

• Caporal
« Réponse #6 le: 02 février 2011, 19:58:57 pm »
Been trying out this new build, and I really enjoy the new 4d view. However the artillery AI is still frequently behaving quite erratic, trying to deploy over and over again on the same spot until it finally gets rushed by infantry. This caveat aside, Histwar rocks 8).

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #7 le: 04 février 2011, 19:01:13 pm »
I play with new patch, and it seems some change in graphic and animation, im right?
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne bobbysocks

• Caporal
« Réponse #8 le: 12 février 2011, 14:23:55 pm »
Well. I don´t know if it´s just me but the artillery behavior seems more erratic than before. In my two latest scenarios (both Eggmuehl) vs the AI, the AI consistentily failed to deploy the guns or deployed them just infront of my infantry and getting themselves killed/captured without firing a shot. There must be something weird here. Anyone else experience this?

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #9 le: 12 février 2011, 14:34:52 pm »
There must be something weird here. Anyone else experience this?
Maybe, I find the first deployment is good, very good, but then they sometimes CHANGE the deployment as they come under attack, that is when the problems arise.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #10 le: 12 février 2011, 16:21:27 pm »
I am also finding worse arty behavior (particularly self-protecting behavior) in 2g vs 2f.
I reported it in redmine, still no feedback from JMM

Regards

Hors ligne zu Pferd

• Colonel
    • [IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/20f5jja.jpg[/IMG]
« Réponse #11 le: 09 mars 2011, 17:20:21 pm »
Congratulations  JMM on your excellent work on the new GUI  !!!

It is helpful while in the command seat, and the overall improvement in the sound
and colors.
I can see fields of grain from 'birds eye view', and they stay visible panning camera up and down.
The new ground texture looks well with 'Mad Russian' terrain mod , although the high grass is missing
along the brooks.
Winter textures and snow is very good.
I applied the patch to HistWar version with the 'Mad Russian' terrain and uniforms mod and
there are no conflicts I can detect so far.

One small point.
When I open a map new patched HistWar  In 2d you've given a red flag and blue flag to show sides, however in 3d they
appear all to be red (both sides)....I choose to open the programs from the  HistWar folder where I have LDGN.exe and LDGN2.exe .
These flags are replaced with the proper country flags when in 'battle mode'.
I have not played a battle yet so I can't comment regarding troop behavior, but in the past I noticed that it has
a lot to do with the quality of leadership values assigned to the officers in the unit (when the oob is built)....
Is this correct?
I've enjoyed looking at the new GUI, clicking on the various interface buttons to see what they do and how they
do it....I'm very pleased.

THANKS JMM :D

`` Non ridere, non lugere, neque detestari, sed inteligere``
Spinoza