Auteur Sujet: Adapting the Austerlitz OoB  (Lu 3624 fois)

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
Adapting the Austerlitz OoB
« le: 30 janvier 2011, 14:44:30 pm »
A mate and I want to fight the Austerlitz scenario but we don't like the enormous corps of Soult - which comprisses 4 divisions.  Given that LG doesn't yet have divisional command, are we better to change the OoB so that each division is a 'corps' and the french player will thus have more discretion in committments?  Other/better ideas?
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Adapting the Austerlitz OoB
« Réponse #1 le: 30 janvier 2011, 14:52:38 pm »
A mate and I want to fight the Austerlitz scenario but we don't like the enormous corps of Soult - which comprisses 4 divisions.  Given that LG doesn't yet have divisional command, are we better to change the OoB so that each division is a 'corps' and the french player will thus have more discretion in committments?  Other/better ideas?

That's what I'd do Harry, essentially the new Corps Commanders are Divisional Commanders

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #2 le: 30 janvier 2011, 17:32:33 pm »

You can detach some regiments in Soults corps.
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #3 le: 30 janvier 2011, 18:39:22 pm »
essentially the new Corps Commanders are Divisional Commanders
I often think of having 11 [large] Divisions, rather than 11 Corps, but some are Corps, while others are [smaller] Division sized.

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #4 le: 31 janvier 2011, 04:53:19 am »
Hmmmm... I wonder what the easiest way to adapt the OoB will be...
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"