Auteur Sujet: Amazing, thanks...  (Lu 4992 fois)

Hors ligne lecrop

• Sergent
Amazing, thanks...
« le: 24 janvier 2011, 11:07:45 am »
 I am a long time player of HPS Napoleonics, and took about a month trying to learn the Histwar system. I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with the capabilities of the simulator, and that no other computer game on the market that resembles it the least in matters of realism. I think there's no turning back, and now my beloved HPS will keep dust in my closet. I had not felt these feelings since I learned to play the "Vol de l'Aigle" long time ago. I Just wanted to thank JMM for their hard work, and hope that never cease to improve their creation, so that we can ever closer to perfection in the translation of the Napoleonic battles to the digital world.

Hors ligne AJ

• Général de Brigade
  • Sir Arthur Wellesley
    • Napoleonic Battle Corp
Re : Amazing, thanks...
« Réponse #1 le: 24 janvier 2011, 12:33:12 pm »
Lecrop, it's been nearly a year now and I never tire off it.  Every battle presents something new and exciting, I play exclusively MP and HLG is by far Head and Shoulders above anything else :D

Hors ligne Petrus58

• Capitaine
« Réponse #2 le: 24 janvier 2011, 12:52:01 pm »
I agree entirely with ajlewisbrookes, but for me its single player.  One of the great strength of LG is that whether  you prefer MP, SP or both it excels.

Hors ligne Franciscus

• Colonel
« Réponse #3 le: 24 janvier 2011, 13:02:27 pm »
Single player here also. And also one of the best games I have ever played.
And what's best, we have fantastic support by JMM, evolution has been consistant, and the modding community also has made a great work.
This is one of those games that have a reserved place in my hard disk (and my heart, too  :D)

Hors ligne Jacquinot

• Colonel
  • Victory or death!
« Réponse #4 le: 24 janvier 2011, 16:23:11 pm »
One of the bests wargames in history? No, i think best wargame in Universe!
Glinka F.N. The memoirs of  Borodino battle. - "...screams of commanders and howls of despair on ten different languages was drowned by cannonade and drumbeat..."

Hors ligne _Cambronne_

• Lieutenant
« Réponse #5 le: 24 janvier 2011, 20:17:57 pm »
With the Division AI included it will be the best napoleonic, indeed!

Hors ligne Vorontsov

• Caporal
« Réponse #6 le: 24 janvier 2011, 22:39:34 pm »
But when the division AI will be included?

Hors ligne Marquês de Alorna

• Chef de Bataillon
Re : Re : Amazing, thanks...
« Réponse #7 le: 24 janvier 2011, 23:24:43 pm »
But when the division AI will be included?

Surely after JMM introduces the new GUI.  ;)

And after the division stuff I expect a more powerful doctrine editor, able to differentiate between different nations' and sub-periods' tactics.

Hors ligne JMM

• Administrateur
  • Maréchal d'Empire
    • http://www.histwar.com
« Réponse #8 le: 24 janvier 2011, 23:30:07 pm »
Thank for this nice comment. (happy like to get the Cyberstratege Special Prize, maybe more)
I hope a lot of Grognards are pleased with this game.

With the next GUI, it will be more easy to control the game, BUT to become a good general requests a long time.

Division/Brigade AI.... just after the new GUI! if I must not work on new bugs, probably by March.

JMM

Hors ligne HarryInk

• Grognard de la Vieille Garde
  • Major
« Réponse #9 le: 24 janvier 2011, 23:54:42 pm »
Why do you gentlemen not mention PBEM?  I agree that MP is excellent, but I find it important to have an human general behind the enemy's machinations.  I am enjoying PBEM more and more. 

I am very pleased to read 'lecrops' comments; not because I have anything against the HPS titles but simply because I think they were the 1st generation napoleonic games: board games converted to computers rather than native computer games which is where I think Leg Grog's belongs.  Never having been a boardgamer (but a miniatures player - and so LG's 3D displays are the cream on the cake for me) I found the HPS style games uninspiring and only a half-step toward what can be done now.  All praise to JMM to pushing to frontier to where it should be, in terms of producing an exceptional 'command game' with such close attention to history.  And bravo 'lecrop' for your open mind.
"But I vil not divulge any furzer informazion!"

Hors ligne Gunner24

• Officier HistWar
  • Général de Division
« Réponse #10 le: 25 janvier 2011, 00:02:45 am »
All praise to JMM to pushing to frontier to where it should be
What has been done so far is amazing, we all get a little bugged, by the bugs, now and then, but when you consider what is being done it's no surprise little things will go wrong here and there, but as a large scale Napoleonic game, that can be played 1v1 to 4v4 in MP, I don't expect to ever see anything to compare with HWLG in my lifetime.